Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
I try to see injuries from both sides, understanding that mistakes can and do happen and while they can often be avoided, sometimes it happens and it's a part of wrestling.

But I feel Brie Bella needs to either train better or just not wrestle any more. She has looked awful since her return, and then last night she kicked Liv Morgan in the face twice, doing the Yes kicks. First, I don't even know why they have Brie doing Daniel's moves and chants. Why? She can't be her own wrestler? And second, there is still no official announcement on Liv Morgan, so hopefully it isn't bad. But if the kicks weren't bad enough, dragging her around the ring after knowing something could have happened made it worse. Liv did take the suplex after that, but was gone by the commercial break's end.

Sloppy green moves can be forgiven, but not when you're dangerously injuring someone else.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:37 am
New Server, Same X

And again, not to beat this drum repeatedly, but what purpose do they have to WWE? Does no one remember they were "future endeavored" before being brought back and getting into big name relationships? The divas division will never die as long as they keep sticking around. They are, if anything, slowing down the evolution of the womens division.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:47 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Brie has been very poor in the ring since returning. She badly botched two dives a few weeks back, and if Sarah Logan hadn't ran forward to hit her, she may have landed on her head during one of them. And to now botch the yes kick sequence and possibly injuring Liv Morgan? Hopefully Nikki is in the ring for the majority of their time back...

And I guess she and Nikki only returning to help promote the return of Total Divas, and to help sell tickets for the women's Evolution PPV and Super Show-Down.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Last edited by Corpse on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The Bellas bring crossover star power thanks to their two reality shows. I get why they were brought back for Evolution. However, the plug should have been pulled on Brie after the first few matches went so poorly. She nearly turned the suicide dive literal ... twice.

Also, the only reason Brie was on Raw and not Smackdown was to promote an overseas house show. So many ways this could have been avoided. Can only hope Liv will be OK.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 pm
The Kramer

Injuries aside though , Raw was pretty good last night. That tag title match was great and the whole tag division is fire right now.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 pm
New Server, Same X

I kind of wish they weren't setting up the Dean Ambrose heel turn so obviously. Should have been a cool surprise moment. Or knowing WWE, they'll just keep him as is and return him to the Lunatic Fringe gimmick once The Shield disbands again. But his look and demeanor right now is begging for a heel run.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:02 pm
New Server, Same X

Liv Morgan suffered a concussion. A bunch of wrestlers are defending Brie Bella and chastising fans for jumping on her so fast for a mistake. I realize it was a mistake, they happen to some of the best wrestlers, but she has botched so many moves lately in just a short time. And those kicks are so well-timed and well-placed when Daniel does them. She went too fast, likely fueled by audience reaction, and it was reckless.

Defenders take the stance that it was a mistake, but no one is saying she did it on purpose. It's just that she needs to brush up on basic wrestling skills and basic dos and don'ts. Like don't move someone around and grab them by the neck when they've gone limp and clearly are legit hurt.

I don't like generalizations, but my best guess is her training is minimal at best, and her biggest concern is looking good for Total Divas and whatever luxuries an E! reality show provides.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:23 pm
New Server, Same X

Four potential heel turns in as many days. Undertaker and Kane turn on DX. Bobby Lashley turns heel. The Bellas turn on Ronda. And potentially Dean Ambrose turning on The Shield. Overkill.

I'm not sure how to process Shawn Michaels getting back in the ring after all this time. It was the one true constant of WWE that HBK would stay retired. But now that WWE is travelling to all these countries and putting on WWE Network shows, have to draw out the big guns like Taker and HBK who will now never stay retired it would seem because they can't sell a show based on their actual active roster. We've missed nine years of dream matches. So why now at 53?

At least they got one thing right and have Trish and Lita team up against Alexa Bliss and Mickie James. Well, half right. It should have been Trish and Mickie one-on-one. But at least they tried.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am
The Kramer

WWE is finally getting into some hot water for this Saudi Arabia stuff. All it took was their government assassinating an American journalist.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 pm
New Server, Same X

And of course they can't cancel it because they've put so much into it, including the fucking in-ring return of Shawn Michaels. Never mind he shouldn't return now. But why would you bring back Shawn Michaels to the ring... in Saudi Arabia? Why not do it in the US, or in his home state? Feels so cheap and a slap in the face of fans that they do it so exclusively in Saudi Arabia. I don't necessarily mind all the names being used for these overseas shows, but the whole Saudi Arabia thing is just a mess.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It'd be amazing if it was cancelled. But it's earning more than WrestleMania, so, of course it won't.

And this World Cup thing is stupid. "The Best in the World!" Umm...no it's not. You could barely make the argument that it's the best in the WWE. Couldn't they have at least put some effort into the idea and had one of their superstars represent their home (or billed) country to make it feel like a "World Cup"? (e.g. Balor - Ireland, Owens - Canada, Nakamura - Japan, Mysterio - Mexico, Cena - US, etc.).

An actual World Cup tournament that included wrestlers from various promotions in the world would be quite amazing, but that's obviously never happening. At least New Japan's G1 Climax comes pretty close.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The home country thing makes so much sense. Even double dip from places with more names (two from US would be acceptable). But of course, need to give guys like Orton and Rollins a shot instead.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:02 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

SD1000:

HHH vs. Bautista was teased. I could see this being a decent Mania 35 match, but why do I think they'll include it in an upcoming, unannounced special PPV instead...

Mysterio vs. Nakamura is certainly an exciting main event. The crowd reaction was a bit subdued for Rey, though, which is odd considering the huge pops he's received in the Rumble appearance this past year.

Oh, and Big Show celebrated his 1,000th heel turn on episode 1,000! Forget every other WWE "record", Big Show's will never fall.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

A source is claiming WWE will announce their decision to cancel the Crown Jewel event before tickets go on sale tomorrow, likely citing safely concerns.

If this turns out to be true, it would be very surprising, especially since they pushed it pretty hard last night on Smackdown 1000, even ending the night with the Undertaker mentioning it (to many boos from the audience).

I imaging that if they do cancel it, they'll just keep the Crown Jewel name and all of its planned matches and simply reschedule it in Saudi Arabia at a later date (if any investigation would confirm the journalist wasn't killed by them...); or, the better decision would be to just relocate it somewhere else, say, in the U.K.

That 10-year contract with the Saudi General Sports Authority though... If worst comes to worst, and it's proven the Saudi Kingdom did order the murder of that journalist, that's going to be one hell of a financial loss for WWE since they'd have to get out of the agreement somehow.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Unfortunately, WWE waited too long and made too much effort to push through the controversy to successfully erase any negative press or reaction. It's now a case of "OK, because we caught shit from every direction, we have to cancel it", not because of some moral decision. I'm sure they'll just reschedule it somewhere else. No way they'll lose that big money draw in a World Cup match featuring ... *checks notes* seven American wrestlers and an 8th American wrestler billed from Mexico.

SD1000 was typically bloated and ran low on time for anything except Batista being his long-winded self. The opening with the three McMahons ended so hastily. I can't tell if they all had their Crown Jewel lines to spew out, which they abruptly scrapped in favor of a quick dance ending. Evolution's reunion felt tired and unnecessary, despite the fact we haven't seen them together in a few years. Teasing Batista vs. Triple H feels especially tired. We've gotten the "I'm Triple H, best in the world... but I haven't beaten this guy" angle already with Undertaker. Has Triple H seriously never pinned Batista at all? I doubt it.

Becky Lynch going over in spite of the babyface lecturing from Edge was awesome to see, and spoke to the power of her character getting over without any help from WWE.

The crowd booed Undertaker's promo for Crown Jewel, but I don't know if it had so much to do with Crown Jewel as it did with Undertaker getting an incredibly short amount of time.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:35 pm
New Server, Same X

No announcement yet. I don't know what WWE will decide, but I'm sure staying the course is very much preferable for them to admitting this whole thing was a bad idea.

I'm feeling so much WWE fatigue lately. I gave up in the summer, until Becky Lynch started getting the insane face pops, and I had to check things out again. Losing Lesnar was an added bonus. But now we're faced with Lesnar returning again, and possibly winning back the title AGAIN, because God forbid they build legit champions that can headline their World Title matches at Wrestlemania. They've ruined Daniel Bryan's return to the company in spectacular fashion. I'm not sure what they're doing with Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre, but these are all guys that should be in the main event picture without a looming Brock return in two weeks.

Maybe I'm getting older and finally outgrowing Vince McMahon's vision (I've been watching for, more or less, 25 of my 32 years). I guess being threatened with Batista vs. Triple H set me over the edge. I'm old enough to remember when a match of that caliber would have been booed out of a building.

Then I look at AJ Styles and think they're doing something right by keeping the title on him. But then I realize he is just a pawn in their game to make sure someone other than CM Punk has the longest WWE Championship run of the modern era.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:07 pm
New Server, Same X

There's something so ironic about a man who couldn't get a good babyface reaction to save his life finally got one while announcing the fight of his life. I shit on Roman Reigns all the time, and blame most of it on WWE and Vince, but I definitely have so much respect for the man and wish him nothing but the best after this terrible news. Sometimes we wrestling fans overlook someone's passion, but it's clear he has it for wrestling.

Looking past this, I fear for this meaning Brock Lesnar wins the title back.

Also, can The Shield ever catch a break? Something always cuts their run short.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:41 pm
The Kramer

:noway: :noway:

Gosh what a freakin crazy tragic twist. It is fun to boo Roman but I think everyone knows he is a good guy and a hell of a performer. Had no idea he was dealing with this. Get well soon brother!

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

:cry: :cry: This is brutal. Since I started watching again Roman has always been one of my guys, I even had a reddit username with his name in it. I'm behind so I'm glad I have a few more months to enjoy his work

Can someone PM me if there's any chance of him returning, I don't want to look it up because of spoilers. I guess with wrestlers anything is possible

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I missed RAW last night and just read about this. Very sad. He genuinely seems like one of the nicest guys backstage, and a leader/role model for many on the roster. And it's a shame that he was never able to quite get over with the fans, and none of it was his own doing.

Overall, just a sad turn of events. Hopefully he comes back.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:27 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I watched the opening again and it's so sobering to watch as a fan and watch the audience as their reactions shift from indignant booing towards Roman to stunned silence followed by the utmost respect for Roman. A few of the reactions on camera looked like how I felt. Sometimes we need a reality check away from the surreal world of wrestling to realize these are all human beings.

Most of the WWE universe piles on the hate on Roman, but it's very clear that he has so much passion for wrestling, the fans, the locker room, everything WWE. Maybe WWE has made huge mistakes in the evolution of Roman Reigns as a character, maybe the audience has unfairly shit on a man who is doing everything in his own power to get over with fans. And it's kind of sad that the best reaction Roman has ever gotten in WWE is last night. I definitely wish things were different, but hopefully Roman gets better and gets back sooner rather than later.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:34 am
New Server, Same X

Definitely an interesting choice to have Dean Ambrose turn on Seth Rollins last night. We all knew it was coming, but surely they wouldn't do it A. on the same night Roman Reigns made his health announcement, and B. just after he and Seth won the tag titles. Insanely fun decision made there, to capitalize on an audience wrought with grief over the announcement. And this sets up some interesting paths they can now take with Ambrose and Rollins. I'm curious if this will push right to Wrestlemania, as it's hard to do this big of a heel turn and not have it go into a long-term feud.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Please let Braun beat Lesnar at Crown Jewel...

And speaking of Crown Jewel -- more rumors are making the rounds that both Cena and Bryan won't be attending, which would possibly make WWE cancel the event (again). Surely it's too late at this point, though, but interesting if true.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It sure seems like Braun is being put in Roman’s role with the abrupt face turn. He will probably win and feud with McIntyre and Ziggler for the rest of the year.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

WWE Evolution was very good. I'd go as far as calling it one of their best PPVs of the year. It's a shame that they didn't promote it properly due to being sandwiched between Super Show-Down and Crown Jewel...

Spoiler: show
Trish & Lita/Alicia & Mickie was a great match to kick the night off with and really got the crowd going. The match was also solid, and delivered most of the spots that was expected.

20-Woman Battle Royale was fine. It's always nice to see some of the older female talent get back in the ring for events like this, but other than McCool, they were really unimpressive (:-P). Ember probably should have won though because she really needed this victory.

Toni/Io was very good, and if they had just wrestled for 5-10 more minutes, it could have been great/excellent. Toni is great in the ring, and is truly the whole package of what WWE looks for in a star. And Io is already near "best ever" territory in the ring, so the loss was fine, maybe even welcomed.

Natalya, Sasha, Bayley/The Riot Squad was the worst match of the night, but was still above par. It's a bit of a shame that both Sasha and Bayley aren't in a better position on the roster at this time though. Sasha's flip over-the-rope botch was pretty bad, though, but the Riot Squad improvised well afterward.

Kairi/Shayna was one of the two best matches of the night, and while the ending probably split fans, it was still an interesting outcome. The two work very well against one another with their very different styles. I hope this doesn't mean Kairi will be coming to the main roster soon, though, because call-ups are being booked incredibly badly by the WWE.

Becky/Charlotte was the other match of the night and should have closed the show. Their feud is easily the best in the WWE right now, and it was easy to get invested in this match. I believe this one is certainly one of the best women's matches ever in the company.

Ronda/Nikki was okay, but it had to follow the two best matches of the night and just felt uninteresting. It at least provided decent storytelling and made it seem possible that Ronda may lose, but thankfully she didn't.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 235  Next