Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Well, besides not wanting a man on the court who may have committed sexual assault...

If Kavanaugh would somehow be blocked or have his nomination still up in the air (say the FBI would find something this week) until after the midterms, then Democrats would determine who fills that seat if they managed to gain control of the Senate in November. Trump would have to, at the very least, have to resort to nominating a moderate.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I had the same question as Z, so thanks for that explanation Corpse.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's a very unlikely scenario for the Democrats, though.

1.) McCaskill, Nelson, Heitkamp, Tester, and Manchin all have to keep their seats. I really only think McCaskill and Heitkamp are in any real danger, but neither can afford to be flipped unless..

2.) O'Rourke upsets Cruz in TX, and then either Sinema defeats McSally in AZ and/or Rosen defeats Heller in NV.

Mathematically, the Democrats could lose both McCaskill and Heitkamp seats, but they'd have to win all three of the other races in that case. They'll need a true blue wave to go from 49 to 51.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Corpse wrote:

1.) McCaskill, Nelson, Heitkamp, Tester, and Manchin all have to keep their seats. I really only think McCaskill and Heitkamp are in any real danger, but neither can afford to be flipped unless..

2.) O'Rourke upsets Cruz in TX, and then either Sinema defeats McSally in AZ and/or Rosen defeats Heller in NV.

Mathematically, the Democrats could lose both McCaskill and Heitkamp seats, but they'd have to win all three of the other races in that case. They'll need a true blue wave to go from 49 to 51.

There is Tennessee too. Bresden is a very popular former governor.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Corpse wrote:

O'Rourke has momentum and grassroots support. But I am not optimistic about other Democratic Senate candidates (e.g. FL, OH, MO). They need to spend more time and money canvassing to turn out votes on the ground, which should include informing people how and when to vote. This is midterm. Regular people do not know it's election time if they rely on only "local" media for news.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 pm
Extraordinary

We'll take the House. The Senate is much closer. If the most recent polls were absolutely correct (and the election were held today), we'd end up with a 50/50 Senate. https://electoral-vote.com/

But if other studies showing that voter registration among Democrats is way way up hold true -- and if the Democrats come out like they could, it might be even better.

And anything can happen between now and election day.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

i.hope wrote:
Corpse wrote:

O'Rourke has momentum and grassroots support. But I am not optimistic about other Democratic Senate candidates (e.g. FL, OH, MO). They need to spend more time and money canvassing to turn out votes on the ground, which should include informing people how and when to vote. This is midterm. Regular people do not know it's election time if they rely on only "local" media for news.

Not sure why you said OH. Brown will win in a landslide. The last poll had him up by over 15 points. Yeah Florida and Missouri will be close, same with North Dakota. I am more confident of the other ones right now, but those three will come down to the wire.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm just waiting for someone to hack this new Presidential Alert system to make all these amazing memes a reality.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Doesn’t Trump have to pretend to believe Kavanaugh? Otherwise how could he expect anyone to believe him?

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:04 pm
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

:P

Supreme Court Justice #2

Now bring home Ginsburg...You next Gurl

Also, congratulations are required to Diane Fiendhound for starting all the fakery and once again giving President Trump a weapon to galvanize and awaken the apathetic base. The We Want Kavanaugh chants are all I needed to hear. Heidcramp is going down. Manchin is probably saving himself by voting to confirm tomorrow but I have no doubt the fake republicans will gain seats in the Senate so we don't have to depend on folks like Murkowski or Collins to get things moving though I did appreciate Collins extremely detailed and lengthy affirmation of Kavanaugh today. I still believe they'll hold the House if only barely.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Sbil

nghtvsn wrote:

Supreme Court Justice #2

Also, congratulations are required to Diane Fiendhound for starting all the fakery and once again giving President Trump a weapon to galvanize and awaken the apathetic base. The We Want Kavanaugh chants are all I needed to hear. Heidcramp is going down. Manchin is probably saving himself by voting to confirm tomorrow but I have no doubt the fake republicans will gain seats in the Senate so we don't have to depend on folks like Murkowski or Collins to get things moving though I did appreciate Collins extremely detailed and lengthy affirmation of Kavanaugh today. I still believe they'll hold the House if only barely.

You're a despicable person and are what's wrong with America. You've aligned yourself with a party of people who mock women, who mock sexual assault victims, have made a mockery of "law and order," and smugly celebrate their own white "superiority." Your cult leader president has done this to you and you can't even see it. Serious question, I really want to know. Do you have any sense of compassion or decency left? Imprisoning children and separating families wasn't enough. Mocking rape survivors wasn't enough. Where's the bottom?

Good luck in November - you're going to need it.

Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:36 pm
Extraordinary

Libs.

You are what's wrong. You know what Clinton did. Both of the wenches.

Believe all women my ass.

The allegations here were fake trash and you know it but it doesn't matter to zombie pussy hat wearing obamabots like yourself as long as you get to scalp kavanaugh. Heck, even I was thinking they should drop the guy after this baggage luckily he fought unlike most fake republicans and he won. Hopefully he holds a grudge for the next 30 years. It's more than justified.

And I'm dying for Nov 6. I have the next day off to either be happy or shocked at all the idiots who'd vote America hating radicals back in power.

Go back to your safe space forum or wherever you lurk.

#MAGA #KAG!

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:46 am
Defeats all expectations

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
i.hope wrote:
Corpse wrote:

Not sure why you said OH. Brown will win in a landslide. The last poll had him up by over 15 points. Yeah Florida and Missouri will be close, same with North Dakota. I am more confident of the other ones right now, but those three will come down to the wire.

Haven't looked at the polls for Brown. My less than optimistic view on the race was based on Brown's 2012 win being lucky (very unpopular opponent and Obama re-election year). But yeah, his seat should be considered safe according to the polls. And I hope there is more enthusiasm in Ohio midterms because the D's need it.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:19 am
Defeats all expectations

nghtvsn wrote:

The allegations here were fake trash and you know it but it doesn't matter to zombie pussy hat wearing obamabots like yourself as long as you get to scalp kavanaugh.

Wow.

Without a formal and direct investigation of the sexual assault claims, you never know with certainty unless you were there at the time. And it is rare that a college professor would come forward in public with these claims and risk her reputation.

Kavanaugh was in for a job interview; he was not entitled to a confirmation. He probably had forgotten about that at the hearing when he acted like a partisan hack.

His judicial view is troubling. He ruled in favor of government's warrantless surveillance program, against 4th Amendment protections. His view on expansive presidential privilege is worrisome especially when the guy who nominated him is currently under investigation:

Quote:
Far from being a defender of U.S. v. Nixon, during that period Kavanaugh suggested in remarks during a roundtable discussion about executive privilege first reported on by The Associated Press that the case was possibly “wrongly decided” when it held that a president can be subject to a criminal subpoena of information by a special prosecutor. He said, “Nixon took away the power of the president to control information in the executive branch by holding that the courts had power and jurisdiction to order the president to disclose information in response to a subpoena sought by a subordinate executive branch official.”

In other words, a president should not have to answer to employees, including lawyers in the special counsel’s office.

A Supreme Court ruling based on this principle could severely hinder Mueller’s investigation of Trump. By rendering unconstitutional any attempt by Mueller to compel Trump to turn over incriminating evidence, such a ruling would make it nearly impossible to amass the information needed for a case against him. If Kavanaugh believes Mueller cannot subpoena evidence from a president, it is also likely that he believes he cannot require him or her to testify, further imperiling the investigation. This effective immunity from criminal investigation is exactly what defenders of a limited presidency should be worried about.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/04/kavanaugh-trump-mueller-executive-power-219634

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 am
Gamaur's sex slave

What reputation? The only reputation she had was the puta part.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 am
New Server, Same X

Libs wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:

Supreme Court Justice #2

You're a despicable person and are what's wrong with America. You've aligned yourself with a party of people who mock women, who mock sexual assault victims, have made a mockery of "law and order," and smugly celebrate their own white "superiority." Your cult leader president has done this to you and you can't even see it. Serious question, I really want to know. Do you have any sense of compassion or decency left? Imprisoning children and separating families wasn't enough. Mocking rape survivors wasn't enough. Where's the bottom?

Good luck in November - you're going to need it.

Thank you for coming back ever so briefly and saying all I want to say.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 am
Sbil

I love America a heck of a lot more than nghtvsn does, I can tell you that much.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:06 am
Keeping it Light

As I remember Groucho saying before, the Republicans are a party of the end justify the means, and there's just no two ways about it.

Also, I read something about Ratajkowski being attacked for dressing too sexy while protesting Kavanaugh. Besides the point that there's never any excuse to rape someone, it's very much Islamic thinking about having women just dressed in a curtain to have them protected from bad guys. So essentially Republicans are just as happy to support what they hate the most, terrorists as kong as it serves there purpose at that time. I guess there's extremist Democrats in the same way too. Humans seems naturally built to conflict for some reason.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 am
New Server, Same X

And it's so obvious Dr. Ford was lying the whole time about the allegations. She obviously just wants to live that lavish, luxurious lifestyle of women who accuse men of sexual assault. It does come with so many perks! An entire political party gets to deny and openly mock you. You get to live the rest of your life knowing you tried and failed to stop a Supreme Court judge from being appointed to one of the highest honorable positions in the country you live in. Oh and you got to further prove the point that some people, men and women, do not care about your story, your emotional scars, your pain, just so long as some good ol' boy, who didn't show any signs of being a sexual predator to a bunch of old white men, gets the job he's been training for for decades.

This past week has been a circus. If a blue wave doesn't come in November, I don't know if there's any coming back from it. America is deeply, deeply divided.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:55 am
Hold the door!

Mister Ecks wrote:
And it's so obvious Dr. Ford was lying the whole time about the allegations. She obviously just wants to live that lavish, luxurious lifestyle of women who accuse men of sexual assault. It does come with so many perks! An entire political party gets to deny and openly mock you. You get to live the rest of your life knowing you tried and failed to stop a Supreme Court judge from being appointed to one of the highest honorable positions in the country you live in. Oh and you got to further prove the point that some people, men and women, do not care about your story, your emotional scars, your pain, just so long as some good ol' boy, who didn't show any signs of being a sexual predator to a bunch of old white men, gets the job he's been training for for decades.

This past week has been a circus. If a blue wave doesn't come in November, I don't know if there's any coming back from it. America is deeply, deeply divided.

I believe that Dr. Ford is telling the truth because the story fits and Kavanaugh hasn’t been believable. But I wouldn’t just believe on principle. Acting like women never lie is ridiculous, though you’re right that it’s rare and they usually are telling the truth.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:32 am
Devil's Advocate

Not saying Kavanaugh is guilty or not, and someone who was that emotional during his hearing seems like a questionable choice for Supreme Court. But the left echo chamber is nowhere close to being objective enough at this point to look at this fairly. The left has long since lost their minds when it comes to everyone on the other side being the enemy. Half of them on twitter are driven by the need to impress their followers and the other half are exclusively getting their information from those people because they're saying exactly what they want to hear.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:10 pm
Defeats all expectations

What you said:

Shack wrote:
Not saying Kavanaugh is guilty or not, and someone who was that emotional during his hearing seems like a questionable choice for Supreme Court.

Given all this, the right (Republicans) still wanted to make him a Supreme Court justice. Isn't this evident the GOP echo chamber is "nowhere close to being objective enough at this point to look at this fairly"?

But to own the libs...

:zonks:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:00 pm
Extraordinary

Only the "nasty" people on the fake left would make interruptions over a confirmation vote. It's so classic. I'm so tired of seeing it. I hope other voters are too. It's just ridiculous the insanity of these people.

As far as the dear Doctor. Apparently ya'll are fine with believing anything that comes out of a person's mouth even when her story is full of black holes. It's insane but whatever. That's what we are dealing with today where a fake accusation can nearly sink a nominee while at the same time destroy his decades long impeccable reputation in a week. Good going nasty leftists.

50-48 :D

Can I get a countdown on Ruthie - March 15, 1933 (age 85 years)
Pretty Please with a cherry on top

#MAGA #KAG!

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:13 pm
Sbil

nghtvsn wrote:
Only the "nasty" people on the fake left would make interruptions over a confirmation vote. It's so classic. I'm so tired of seeing it. I hope other voters are too. It's just ridiculous the insanity of these people.

As far as the dear Doctor. Apparently ya'll are fine with believing anything that comes out of a person's mouth even when her story is full of black holes. It's insane but whatever. That's what we are dealing with today where a fake accusation can nearly sink a nominee while at the same time destroy his decades long impeccable reputation in a week. Good going nasty leftists.

50-48 :D

Can I get a countdown on Ruthie - March 15, 1933 (age 85 years)
Pretty Please with a cherry on top

You’re literally starting a countdown on someone’s death entirely so you can stick another person on the court. And you have the audacity to call others “nasty.” How breathtakingly hypocritical.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Gamaur's sex slave

I really feel sorry for Dana Carvey. After 20 years where he disappeared from the people's memory, he gets one week in the spotlight and now it's back to obscurity.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 91  Next