Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:48 pm



Reply to topic  [ 2221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 89  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Author Message
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14721
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
I mean, he theoretically could be innocent given the convenient timing, but it’s highly unlikely that what’s her face would want to ruin not just his chance at the Supreme Court, but his whole life as well. It would be quite overkill to accuse him of such brutal rape.

_________________
Image


Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 11605
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
If he gets confirm, Republicans can just kiss good by 90% of women under 30 maybe even under 40. They will only keep the religious nut jobs.


Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
And I'd say it's still a 99.9% likelihood that Kavanaugh is confirmed. I believe the majority of the Republican Party is willing to risk losing potential female voters in the midterms, even if it costs them the House, in favor of securing a conservative Supreme Court for the next 20+ years.

Flake's move to delay the vote is "generous" and everything, but he's still going to be a Yes vote, as will Collins or Murkowski or both. I also wouldn't be too surprised if Manchin becomes the sole Democrat to vote Yes given his close race this November (especially now that the NRA no longer endorses him). These four "swing votes" have all backed this delay, and even if they did so out of true concern, it'll still help them from complete ridicule from voting Yes or No.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27483
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Jedi Master Carr wrote:
If he gets confirm, Republicans can just kiss good by 90% of women under 30 maybe even under 40. They will only keep the religious nut jobs.


Really? I feel like anyone who is a staunch Republican right now isn't going to be deterred by this. It's up to people who don't bother voting if they end up going out on election day.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:06 pm
Profile
Hold the door!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 14721
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Can’t Trump just nominate another conservative? Why is Kavanaugh so important?

_________________
Image


Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:38 pm
Profile
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Well, besides not wanting a man on the court who may have committed sexual assault...

If Kavanaugh would somehow be blocked or have his nomination still up in the air (say the FBI would find something this week) until after the midterms, then Democrats would determine who fills that seat if they managed to gain control of the Senate in November. Trump would have to, at the very least, have to resort to nominating a moderate.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 am
Posts: 9586
Location: Bright Falls
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
I had the same question as Z, so thanks for that explanation Corpse.


Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:41 pm
Profile
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
It's a very unlikely scenario for the Democrats, though.

1.) McCaskill, Nelson, Heitkamp, Tester, and Manchin all have to keep their seats. I really only think McCaskill and Heitkamp are in any real danger, but neither can afford to be flipped unless..

2.) O'Rourke upsets Cruz in TX, and then either Sinema defeats McSally in AZ and/or Rosen defeats Heller in NV.

Mathematically, the Democrats could lose both McCaskill and Heitkamp seats, but they'd have to win all three of the other races in that case. They'll need a true blue wave to go from 49 to 51.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 11605
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Corpse wrote:
It's a very unlikely scenario for the Democrats, though.

1.) McCaskill, Nelson, Heitkamp, Tester, and Manchin all have to keep their seats. I really only think McCaskill and Heitkamp are in any real danger, but neither can afford to be flipped unless..

2.) O'Rourke upsets Cruz in TX, and then either Sinema defeats McSally in AZ and/or Rosen defeats Heller in NV.

Mathematically, the Democrats could lose both McCaskill and Heitkamp seats, but they'd have to win all three of the other races in that case. They'll need a true blue wave to go from 49 to 51.



There is Tennessee too. Bresden is a very popular former governor.


Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 6009
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Corpse wrote:
It's a very unlikely scenario for the Democrats, though.

1.) McCaskill, Nelson, Heitkamp, Tester, and Manchin all have to keep their seats. I really only think McCaskill and Heitkamp are in any real danger, but neither can afford to be flipped unless..

2.) O'Rourke upsets Cruz in TX, and then either Sinema defeats McSally in AZ and/or Rosen defeats Heller in NV.

Mathematically, the Democrats could lose both McCaskill and Heitkamp seats, but they'd have to win all three of the other races in that case. They'll need a true blue wave to go from 49 to 51.


O'Rourke has momentum and grassroots support. But I am not optimistic about other Democratic Senate candidates (e.g. FL, OH, MO). They need to spend more time and money canvassing to turn out votes on the ground, which should include informing people how and when to vote. This is midterm. Regular people do not know it's election time if they rely on only "local" media for news.


Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 12020
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
We'll take the House. The Senate is much closer. If the most recent polls were absolutely correct (and the election were held today), we'd end up with a 50/50 Senate. https://electoral-vote.com/

But if other studies showing that voter registration among Democrats is way way up hold true -- and if the Democrats come out like they could, it might be even better.

And anything can happen between now and election day.

_________________
Buy my books! http://michaelaventrella.com


Image


Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 11605
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
i.hope wrote:
Corpse wrote:
It's a very unlikely scenario for the Democrats, though.

1.) McCaskill, Nelson, Heitkamp, Tester, and Manchin all have to keep their seats. I really only think McCaskill and Heitkamp are in any real danger, but neither can afford to be flipped unless..

2.) O'Rourke upsets Cruz in TX, and then either Sinema defeats McSally in AZ and/or Rosen defeats Heller in NV.

Mathematically, the Democrats could lose both McCaskill and Heitkamp seats, but they'd have to win all three of the other races in that case. They'll need a true blue wave to go from 49 to 51.


O'Rourke has momentum and grassroots support. But I am not optimistic about other Democratic Senate candidates (e.g. FL, OH, MO). They need to spend more time and money canvassing to turn out votes on the ground, which should include informing people how and when to vote. This is midterm. Regular people do not know it's election time if they rely on only "local" media for news.



Not sure why you said OH. Brown will win in a landslide. The last poll had him up by over 15 points. Yeah Florida and Missouri will be close, same with North Dakota. I am more confident of the other ones right now, but those three will come down to the wire.


Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
I'm just waiting for someone to hack this new Presidential Alert system to make all these amazing memes a reality.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13837
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Doesn’t Trump have to pretend to believe Kavanaugh? Otherwise how could he expect anyone to believe him?


Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:04 pm
Profile ICQ
Online
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 10889
Location: Warren Theatre Oklahoma
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
:P

Supreme Court Justice #2

Now bring home Ginsburg...You next Gurl

Also, congratulations are required to Diane Fiendhound for starting all the fakery and once again giving President Trump a weapon to galvanize and awaken the apathetic base. The We Want Kavanaugh chants are all I needed to hear. Heidcramp is going down. Manchin is probably saving himself by voting to confirm tomorrow but I have no doubt the fake republicans will gain seats in the Senate so we don't have to depend on folks like Murkowski or Collins to get things moving though I did appreciate Collins extremely detailed and lengthy affirmation of Kavanaugh today. I still believe they'll hold the House if only barely.

_________________
2009 World of KJ Fantasy Football World Champion
Team MVP : Peyton Manning : Record 11-5 : Points 2669.00
[b]FREE KORRGAN

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm


Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Profile
Sbil
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 48349
Location: Multi-tasking
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
nghtvsn wrote:
:P

Supreme Court Justice #2

Now bring home Ginsburg...You next Gurl

Also, congratulations are required to Diane Fiendhound for starting all the fakery and once again giving President Trump a weapon to galvanize and awaken the apathetic base. The We Want Kavanaugh chants are all I needed to hear. Heidcramp is going down. Manchin is probably saving himself by voting to confirm tomorrow but I have no doubt the fake republicans will gain seats in the Senate so we don't have to depend on folks like Murkowski or Collins to get things moving though I did appreciate Collins extremely detailed and lengthy affirmation of Kavanaugh today. I still believe they'll hold the House if only barely.


You're a despicable person and are what's wrong with America. You've aligned yourself with a party of people who mock women, who mock sexual assault victims, have made a mockery of "law and order," and smugly celebrate their own white "superiority." Your cult leader president has done this to you and you can't even see it. Serious question, I really want to know. Do you have any sense of compassion or decency left? Imprisoning children and separating families wasn't enough. Mocking rape survivors wasn't enough. Where's the bottom?

Good luck in November - you're going to need it.


Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 10889
Location: Warren Theatre Oklahoma
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Libs.

You are what's wrong. You know what Clinton did. Both of the wenches.

Believe all women my ass.

The allegations here were fake trash and you know it but it doesn't matter to zombie pussy hat wearing obamabots like yourself as long as you get to scalp kavanaugh. Heck, even I was thinking they should drop the guy after this baggage luckily he fought unlike most fake republicans and he won. Hopefully he holds a grudge for the next 30 years. It's more than justified.

And I'm dying for Nov 6. I have the next day off to either be happy or shocked at all the idiots who'd vote America hating radicals back in power.

Go back to your safe space forum or wherever you lurk.

_________________
2009 World of KJ Fantasy Football World Champion
Team MVP : Peyton Manning : Record 11-5 : Points 2669.00
[b]FREE KORRGAN

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm


Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:46 am
Profile
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 6009
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Jedi Master Carr wrote:
i.hope wrote:
Corpse wrote:
It's a very unlikely scenario for the Democrats, though.

1.) McCaskill, Nelson, Heitkamp, Tester, and Manchin all have to keep their seats. I really only think McCaskill and Heitkamp are in any real danger, but neither can afford to be flipped unless..

2.) O'Rourke upsets Cruz in TX, and then either Sinema defeats McSally in AZ and/or Rosen defeats Heller in NV.

Mathematically, the Democrats could lose both McCaskill and Heitkamp seats, but they'd have to win all three of the other races in that case. They'll need a true blue wave to go from 49 to 51.


O'Rourke has momentum and grassroots support. But I am not optimistic about other Democratic Senate candidates (e.g. FL, OH, MO). They need to spend more time and money canvassing to turn out votes on the ground, which should include informing people how and when to vote. This is midterm. Regular people do not know it's election time if they rely on only "local" media for news.



Not sure why you said OH. Brown will win in a landslide. The last poll had him up by over 15 points. Yeah Florida and Missouri will be close, same with North Dakota. I am more confident of the other ones right now, but those three will come down to the wire.


Haven't looked at the polls for Brown. My less than optimistic view on the race was based on Brown's 2012 win being lucky (very unpopular opponent and Obama re-election year). But yeah, his seat should be considered safe according to the polls. And I hope there is more enthusiasm in Ohio midterms because the D's need it.


Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:19 am
Profile
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 6009
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
nghtvsn wrote:

The allegations here were fake trash and you know it but it doesn't matter to zombie pussy hat wearing obamabots like yourself as long as you get to scalp kavanaugh.


Wow.

Without a formal and direct investigation of the sexual assault claims, you never know with certainty unless you were there at the time. And it is rare that a college professor would come forward in public with these claims and risk her reputation.

Kavanaugh was in for a job interview; he was not entitled to a confirmation. He probably had forgotten about that at the hearing when he acted like a partisan hack.

His judicial view is troubling. He ruled in favor of government's warrantless surveillance program, against 4th Amendment protections. His view on expansive presidential privilege is worrisome especially when the guy who nominated him is currently under investigation:

Quote:
Far from being a defender of U.S. v. Nixon, during that period Kavanaugh suggested in remarks during a roundtable discussion about executive privilege first reported on by The Associated Press that the case was possibly “wrongly decided” when it held that a president can be subject to a criminal subpoena of information by a special prosecutor. He said, “Nixon took away the power of the president to control information in the executive branch by holding that the courts had power and jurisdiction to order the president to disclose information in response to a subpoena sought by a subordinate executive branch official.”

In other words, a president should not have to answer to employees, including lawyers in the special counsel’s office.

A Supreme Court ruling based on this principle could severely hinder Mueller’s investigation of Trump. By rendering unconstitutional any attempt by Mueller to compel Trump to turn over incriminating evidence, such a ruling would make it nearly impossible to amass the information needed for a case against him. If Kavanaugh believes Mueller cannot subpoena evidence from a president, it is also likely that he believes he cannot require him or her to testify, further imperiling the investigation. This effective immunity from criminal investigation is exactly what defenders of a limited presidency should be worried about.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/04/kavanaugh-trump-mueller-executive-power-219634


Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 am
Profile
Gamaur's sex slave
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:15 pm
Posts: 8858
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
What reputation? The only reputation she had was the puta part.

_________________
Image


Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 am
Profile
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27483
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Libs wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:
:P

Supreme Court Justice #2

Now bring home Ginsburg...You next Gurl

Also, congratulations are required to Diane Fiendhound for starting all the fakery and once again giving President Trump a weapon to galvanize and awaken the apathetic base. The We Want Kavanaugh chants are all I needed to hear. Heidcramp is going down. Manchin is probably saving himself by voting to confirm tomorrow but I have no doubt the fake republicans will gain seats in the Senate so we don't have to depend on folks like Murkowski or Collins to get things moving though I did appreciate Collins extremely detailed and lengthy affirmation of Kavanaugh today. I still believe they'll hold the House if only barely.


You're a despicable person and are what's wrong with America. You've aligned yourself with a party of people who mock women, who mock sexual assault victims, have made a mockery of "law and order," and smugly celebrate their own white "superiority." Your cult leader president has done this to you and you can't even see it. Serious question, I really want to know. Do you have any sense of compassion or decency left? Imprisoning children and separating families wasn't enough. Mocking rape survivors wasn't enough. Where's the bottom?

Good luck in November - you're going to need it.


Thank you for coming back ever so briefly and saying all I want to say.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 am
Profile
Sbil
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 48349
Location: Multi-tasking
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
I love America a heck of a lot more than nghtvsn does, I can tell you that much.


Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 am
Posts: 9586
Location: Bright Falls
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
As I remember Groucho saying before, the Republicans are a party of the end justify the means, and there's just no two ways about it.

Also, I read something about Ratajkowski being attacked for dressing too sexy while protesting Kavanaugh. Besides the point that there's never any excuse to rape someone, it's very much Islamic thinking about having women just dressed in a curtain to have them protected from bad guys. So essentially Republicans are just as happy to support what they hate the most, terrorists as kong as it serves there purpose at that time. I guess there's extremist Democrats in the same way too. Humans seems naturally built to conflict for some reason.


Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 am
Profile
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27483
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
And it's so obvious Dr. Ford was lying the whole time about the allegations. She obviously just wants to live that lavish, luxurious lifestyle of women who accuse men of sexual assault. It does come with so many perks! An entire political party gets to deny and openly mock you. You get to live the rest of your life knowing you tried and failed to stop a Supreme Court judge from being appointed to one of the highest honorable positions in the country you live in. Oh and you got to further prove the point that some people, men and women, do not care about your story, your emotional scars, your pain, just so long as some good ol' boy, who didn't show any signs of being a sexual predator to a bunch of old white men, gets the job he's been training for for decades.

This past week has been a circus. If a blue wave doesn't come in November, I don't know if there's any coming back from it. America is deeply, deeply divided.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 89  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.