Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.

LOL I don't want you to vote Democrat. You're clearly beyond gone. You do realize there are more than 2 options, right?

Democrats who try to appease hardcore Republican voters, like yourself, are almost as stupid as you.

Then what’s your point? To be an asshole? My IQ is north of 140, FYI.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:34 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Most sensible people can see that the Democrats criticisms of Trump have been 99% crying wolf. From a Russia investigation that has lasted almost two years with no evidence to support it, to this supposed separation at the border that has been going on for years and only happens because the parents would rather enter the country illegally than stay with their kids, it’s self parody at this point.

I would maybe vote for a democrat with a gun to my head but that’s about it.

No evidence? Are you really that blind? And you do realize the investigation is ongoing, and has already racked up a LOT of evidence and charges against people in his campaign.

The border stuff again is bullshit. There was NO separation of families prior to Trump. That's a 100% fact. And again, trying to get asylum is not illegal, and even if they're not seeking asylum, crossing the border is a misdemeanor. To treat HUMAN BEINGS like the way they've been treated is such republican bullshit.

I honestly want to know where you get your news. Infowars? Fox news? Daily Caller? Some shitty school newspaper run by your local white supremacists? Tammy Lahren?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:36 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
dear fucking lord is zwackerm a fucking dumbass

And this is the way to convert someone to being a Democrat? Insulting their intelligence? I will never understand why Democrats think insulting and smearing Republicans through the mud is going to make us want to vote your way. It does quite the opposite.

LOL I don't want you to vote Democrat. You're clearly beyond gone. You do realize there are more than 2 options, right?

Democrats who try to appease hardcore Republican voters, like yourself, are almost as stupid as you.

Then what’s your point? To be an asshole? My IQ is north of 140, FYI.

Holy. Shit. Are you a Proud Boy? Y'all love to tout your IQ's. You do realize it's not a real thing, right?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:37 pm
Defeats all expectations

zwackerm wrote:
Most sensible people can see that the Democrats criticisms of Trump have been 99% crying wolf. From a Russia investigation that has lasted almost two years with no evidence to support it, to this supposed separation at the border that has been going on for years and only happens because the parents would rather enter the country illegally than stay with their kids, it’s self parody at this point.

Mueller's investigation has generated quite a number of indictments and pleas, compared to previous special investigations. And most of the investigations took longer than two years.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mueller-investigation-keeps-growing-fast/

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:00 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

No evidence? Are you really that blind? And you do realize the investigation is ongoing, and has already racked up a LOT of evidence and charges against people in his campaign.

The border stuff again is bullshit. There was NO separation of families prior to Trump. That's a 100% fact. And again, trying to get asylum is not illegal, and even if they're not seeking asylum, crossing the border is a misdemeanor. To treat HUMAN BEINGS like the way they've been treated is such republican bullshit.

I honestly want to know where you get your news. Infowars? Fox news? Daily Caller? Some shitty school newspaper run by your local white supremacists? Tammy Lahren?

I don’t get my news from any specific source, I usually google whatever story and look at a variety. Certainly not Breitbart though or infowars lol I know they’re biased. There’s very few news sources that aren’t biased.

I don’t think families should be separated, but I do believe the strict enforcement was to discourage crossing the border illegally. Nobody forced any of the people who crossed the border to do so. And they aren’t being separated anymore and they are being reunited as we speak.

I support strong border enforcement, this was a mistake but it’s not enough for me to think that the Democrats border policies are better.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 pm
Defeats all expectations

zwackerm wrote:

I don’t think families should be separated, but I do believe the strict enforcement was to discourage crossing the border illegally. Nobody forced any of the people who crossed the border to do so. And they aren’t being separated anymore and they are being reunited as we speak.

The whole "we are just enforcing the law" argument stands against facts. There are asylum laws that the DOJ deliberately ignored. If the government had followed the laws to the letter, young children (some as young as 1-year-old) separated from their parents at the border would not have had to appear in immigration court alone without their parents present to defend their legal asylum claims. The government had no intent to reunite them or even track them down from the start. Due process was violated.

And the court-ordered reunification is ongoing. 528 children are still separated from their parents; 23 are five years old or younger.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:46 pm
Hold the door!

i.hope wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

The whole "we are just enforcing the law" argument stands against facts. There are asylum laws that the DOJ deliberately ignored. If the government had followed the laws to the letter, young children (some as young as 1-year-old) separated from their parents at the border would not have had to appear in immigration court alone without their parents present to defend their legal asylum claims. The government had no intent to reunite them or even track them down from the start. Due process was violated.

And the court-ordered reunification is ongoing. 528 children are still separated from their parents; 23 are five years old or younger.

I know there are still kids being reunited, hence the as we speak. How on earth can a one year old testify for itself? Most of them can’t speak.

So the issue is not with people crossing the border illegally, it’s with people being denied legal asylum? Did all the families that were separated have asylum?

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:03 pm
Extraordinary

Arguing with Trump supporters is a waste of time, because facts are meaningless to them. We've had, what 8 guilty pleas or verdicts and another dozen or so indictments and they still say there's nothing there?

You can't debate with someone whose response to facts and logic are basically "Nuh uh, I don't believe you" while offering no evidence on their own.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Groucho wrote:
Arguing with extreme left wingers is a waste of time, because facts are meaningless to them.

You can't debate with someone whose response to facts and logic are basically "Nuh uh, I don't believe you" while offering no evidence on their own.

I agree!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:03 am

Zwack’s IQ is over 9,000!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:36 am
Homo Dperious

Anyone who didn't expect this from the Trump administration, in light of their campaign, is an idiot.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:00 am
Profile ICQ
Don't Dream It, Be It

There is a Trump tweet for everything, case no. 978456.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

So I think the anonymous nyt editorial sounds like Kelly. Although I can’t say someone else might not want to make it seem to be Kelly.

You know the movie I want to watch? One in which it’s revealed the senior Trump administration official is Trump himself! It’s all been an act to fool the Russians. I read the editorial pretending it was him and it was hilarious. Get ready for Qanon followers to spread that theory any minute now.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Oh zwackerm, no one forces anyone else to walk in front of a drunk driver either.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:50 am
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

Between Woodward and the anonymous source it has been a wild week for Trump.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

It seems very likely to me that the actual author purposefully wrote the op-ed to read as though Mike Pence is the guy, but it would be incredibly hilarious if the author is indeed Pence.

Or, it'd be an excellent WrestleMania 35 storyline if Linda McMahon, despite already denying it, wrote it to revive the old battle of the billionaires feud between Vince McMahon and Donald Trump. Donald Trump vs. Vince McMahon in a Hell in a Cell match. The winner gets to fire the loser for good.

Someone is going to leak who the author is a few weeks before the midterms.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsm1GPnlqmU

I know people think Kamala Harris has 2020 potential but she looks like an idiot here, frankly. Kavanaugh picked up the obvious trap question instantly and she tried (and failed) to trap him with "tough" side remarks but ended up just looking silly. Liz Warren much more effective at this style.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:55 pm
Hold the door!

Solution to the Supreme Court thing- nominate someone who hasn’t sexually assaulted anyone.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:53 pm
The Kramer

zwackerm wrote:
Solution to the Supreme Court thing- nominate someone who hasn’t sexually assaulted anyone.
Exactly what I’ve been thinking!

But I guess there’s a domino effect at play. If Trump admits he was wrong about one thing it might encourage his followers to wonder what else he might be wrong about. Better to keep that batting average at 1000.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:28 pm
Hold the door!

I mean, he theoretically could be innocent given the convenient timing, but it’s highly unlikely that what’s her face would want to ruin not just his chance at the Supreme Court, but his whole life as well. It would be quite overkill to accuse him of such brutal rape.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Extraordinary

If he gets confirm, Republicans can just kiss good by 90% of women under 30 maybe even under 40. They will only keep the religious nut jobs.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And I'd say it's still a 99.9% likelihood that Kavanaugh is confirmed. I believe the majority of the Republican Party is willing to risk losing potential female voters in the midterms, even if it costs them the House, in favor of securing a conservative Supreme Court for the next 20+ years.

Flake's move to delay the vote is "generous" and everything, but he's still going to be a Yes vote, as will Collins or Murkowski or both. I also wouldn't be too surprised if Manchin becomes the sole Democrat to vote Yes given his close race this November (especially now that the NRA no longer endorses him). These four "swing votes" have all backed this delay, and even if they did so out of true concern, it'll still help them from complete ridicule from voting Yes or No.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
If he gets confirm, Republicans can just kiss good by 90% of women under 30 maybe even under 40. They will only keep the religious nut jobs.

Really? I feel like anyone who is a staunch Republican right now isn't going to be deterred by this. It's up to people who don't bother voting if they end up going out on election day.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:06 pm
Hold the door!

Can’t Trump just nominate another conservative? Why is Kavanaugh so important?

Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 91  Next