Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Avengers: Infinity War 

Rate this film:
A 54%  54%  [ 19 ]
B 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 35

Avengers: Infinity War 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Avengers: Infinity War
I am not sure but I heard that there could be a threat for which Thanos might be joining Avengers. If that is going to happen we might see a Solo movie afterall.

Mon May 14, 2018 5:26 am
now we know

Sensational blockbuster. Reminded me of the epicness of Return of the King. Don't think I've enjoyed an MCU film as much as this. It is what it has all led to, and even though I've never been a die hard of this franchise who has anticipated every plot beat, its conclusion really struck that importance chord with me. The film has stakes. The first MCU film to do so, and that means so much. Thanos is the real deal. Gamora dies. Heimdall dies. Loki dies. The film is fucking funny. Peter Dinklage is huge! And it has non-stop action. What more could you want?

It surprised me a bit how far it went in this first film. I don't believe for a second that all the characters that blew away at the end are actually gone. They'll come back eventually. One of them was Black Panther! But I did not think Thanos would get all 6 stones in this one. Thought they might spread it out, but he gets all of them, and now I don't even know where it can go for the next installment, but how exciting is it to anticipate!

A

Tue May 22, 2018 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yes! I thought you'd like it. It's possibly my favourite MCU film. It just works as a great blockbuster on so many levels. ROTK is an apt comparison.

Will be interesting to see how they bring back all the characters that "died" at the end.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue May 22, 2018 8:42 am
now we know

The best thing was that I had the entire auditorium to myself. It was bliss.

It was quite funny. I stayed until the end of the title card for a mid-credits scene. There was none. So I asked the usher if there was one at the end and she said there was but it takes 10 minutes to finish the credits. So she had filmed it on her phone and I stood in the cinema watching the Nick Fury end credits scene on her phone ten minutes before I should have been watching it. That's customer service!

Tue May 22, 2018 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Glad you really enjoyed it Algren. I had a feeling you would though.

Tue May 22, 2018 5:55 pm
now we know

Thanks. I also appreciated how each character doesn't hog the limelight. Everyone gets equal screen time in accordance with their character's importance in determining the outcome. Black Widow gets much less than Iron Man, for example. But nothing felt forced.

And I loved the humour. Struggling to remember specific lines right now, but I liked Dinklage's "That's what dying means" or similar. And Thor's constant rebranding of the characters. The "rabbit" and "tree". lol. Made me chuckle every time. Actually, Thor was the funniest character throughout. Not Peter Quill. He was kind of annoying actually. Drax was funnier. How long have you been there? "an hour", LOL. How Marvel mixed the comedy with the end-of-the-world epic-ness is a mini marvel itself.

Thinking to see this film again.

Tue May 22, 2018 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yeah the humour is actually well done and funny. Doesn't feel out of place or detract from the more serious moments.

And Thor is perhaps the standout in this one. From his travels with the GOTG to his triumphant return in Wakanda to that defining final moment with Thanos. Very well done.

And I enjoyed how "teen" Groot finally decided to help when he needed to (Thor's hammer/axe). Nice touch.

Tue May 22, 2018 7:45 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
The best thing was that I had the entire auditorium to myself. It was bliss.

It was quite funny. I stayed until the end of the title card for a mid-credits scene. There was none. So I asked the usher if there was one at the end and she said there was but it takes 10 minutes to finish the credits. So she had filmed it on her phone and I stood in the cinema watching the Nick Fury end credits scene on her phone ten minutes before I should have been watching it. That's customer service!

haha nice. It did feel like an eternity waiting for it. At my screening, nearly everyone waited for a mid credits scene but when there wasn't one - most left.

Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 pm
now we know

Yeah, Groot was actually really likeable again. Didn't do much but what he did do was valuable. I also liked Rocket a lot this time. He found a use for that eye he stole. And I love that he's always trying to buy people's things. Sebastian Stan's arm. Then his gun. lol

Regarding the end credits scene, what was that that Nick Fury dropped on the ground? I couldn't see clearly as I was watching it on the phone. Any ideas? or is it a mystery? I don't remember seeing a device like that in previous MCU films.

Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I figured it's some sort of communication device transmitting a message, but not being sure what the message meant, I looked it up and found that the logo shown on the device is that of Captain Marvel.

Tue May 22, 2018 8:44 pm
now we know

Oh, fuck yes. How awesome is Avengers 4 going to be now! I'm pumped.

Tue May 22, 2018 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

Glad you liked it Algren!

Even though they are playing up Captain Marvel, I think Tony is going to play the biggest role in the next movie. He is clearly the main character of the overall series

Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 pm
now we know

Well, it's mainly because of his ego that he feels like the main guy. Plus, because he's kind of the "leader" of the team. But I think a case could be made for any of Stark, Thor, or Captain America being the "main character". The MCU started with those three.

Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

Yes those are the main three, but make no mistake, this series is Tony’s story. He is the one who seems to be the focus every time they have a team up Movie, and he is the one having a character arc throughout the series as opposed just his individual movies. Not to mention he is the one who shares the connection with Thanos. It is HIS life spared in the movie because this series revolves around HIM. Now Steve Rogers is certainly the second main character and co-lead, but he plays as Tony’s foil and moral compass of the series for Tony to strive to be.

Thor simply brings in the plot. He is the reason Loki comes to Earth, and him and his people are the reason the Infinity Stones come to Earth (the Tesser Act was found in Norway), thus he is the reason Thanos comes to Earth. But he usually plays background music to the drama of Tony and Steve in the team up movies.

Last edited by Darth Indiana Bond on Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 22, 2018 10:42 pm
now we know

Also, Iron Man was the film that started it all. It's a strong case. I'll leave it up to the jury.

Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

It is being set-up for either Stark or Rogers to make the ultimate sacrifice in the last film. In essence the characters that "died" at the end are the safest. It's the ones (and its the core original team mainly) that survived that will be tested most and I believe one of IM or Cap will die in the last film.

And yes I had to read up on the final scene as well. Looking forward to Captain Marvel even more now.

Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 pm
now we know

It would mean more if Stark makes the sacrifice because he is way more selfish. We all know that Rogers would give his life for humanity. He's that type. He's boring. But Stark doing it would round out his arc.

The biggest wtf moment for me is when they mentioned Ant-Man in the film, and knowing that Ant-Man and the Wasp comes out in a few months ... I just don't know how they'll fit it in without having to reference IW. I mean, half the universe just died. You can't just ignore that while Ant-Man is having fun in Chicago. It needs to tie-in, surely.

Wed May 23, 2018 12:13 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Infinity War 2 is going to pull an Armageddon. Tony is Bruce Willis, and Cap is Ben Affleck.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 24, 2018 12:48 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:

The biggest wtf moment for me is when they mentioned Ant-Man in the film, and knowing that Ant-Man and the Wasp comes out in a few months ... I just don't know how they'll fit it in without having to reference IW. I mean, half the universe just died. You can't just ignore that while Ant-Man is having fun in Chicago. It needs to tie-in, surely.

Yeah, I suspect Ant-Man and the Wasp will be set prior to IW but by the end of the film the characters are in some sort of "uh oh" trouble post credits perhaps. This can then be resolved in Avengers 4 where they'll obviously join the party. It will tie-in.

I suspect the same goes for Valkyrie and Hawkeye. They'll be tied in somehow.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:27 pm
now we know

Just had to look up who Valkyrie is. lol

Fri May 25, 2018 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm finally bumping my grade up to an A as well. This film is such a blast when it comes to re watching and since it's been available on Digital I've already seen it like three times just to re-watch certain scenes that I do love in this movie like the opening sequence on the Asgardian Ship, the New York fight, Vormir and the battle on Titan. I really get a kick out of the stuff with the Guardians too, especially the side mission Thor has with Rocket and Groot.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 am
now we know

MadGez wrote:
I suspect Ant-Man and the Wasp will be set prior to IW but by the end of the film the characters are in some sort of "uh oh" trouble post credits perhaps. This can then be resolved in Avengers 4 where they'll obviously join the party. It will tie-in.

Well, that was 100% correct. :thumbsup:

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
MadGez wrote:
I suspect Ant-Man and the Wasp will be set prior to IW but by the end of the film the characters are in some sort of "uh oh" trouble post credits perhaps. This can then be resolved in Avengers 4 where they'll obviously join the party. It will tie-in.

Well, that was 100% correct. :thumbsup:

:shades:

I forgot i'd even guessed that lol

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:45 am
Hold the door!

Watching this again. It’s so good!

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm
Keeping it Light

I watched it again too, and it completely holds up, I actually liked it even more. It's not just a really good Marvel film, but I've come to find it one of the best comic book films. It really is simply pretty great how it integrates all the characters, in emotional and engaging ways more than certainly Marvel had ever done before, to battle this very worthy villain.

A-

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next