Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Corpse wrote:
>Bayley desperately needs to turn heel or something.

Or just make her rip off the Cena playbook more blatantly. Less coming off like she'd rather be in a pillowfight or building a fort right now, more hustle, loyalty and respect and calling out people like Alexa selling out their morals to get to the top.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:45 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
Great Raw after the Royal Rumble. I was hoping for Asuka vs Sasha at Wrestlemania, but their match was still awesome

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
And Wrestlemania is shaping up very nicely too.

Ronda Rousey v Charlotte
Roman Reigns v Brock Lesnar
John Cena v Undertaker
Asuka v Alexa or Nia
AJ Styles v Shinsuke Nakamura

Those all seem to be pretty set unless they go with Rousey/Rock v Steph/HHH which would be a huge waste. Put Rousey with the best in-ring worker you have and let the magic happen.

HHH v Kurt Angle
Braun v Miz
Sasha v Bayley
KO/Sami v Usos
Multiman tag team Raw ladder match
Randy Orton v Bobby Roode

Those would my guesses to fill out the card , but it does leave a lot of Smackdown guys out. New Day especially since they didn’t have a match last year.

My problem with Rousey vs Charlotte at Wrestlemania is Rousey can't lose, and she can't win because she's not even close to being ready, after this Wrestlemania Rousey should be out of sight and training for years like Lana after she was in that outdoors Wrestlemania (and she still wasn't ready after she came back). HHH/Stephanie tag match seems to protect her most

Shane will have a big-ish match... heel Orton vs Shane?

For a while I thought they could be heading for Miz vs Angle since the promos could be about he's a better father than Angle was with Jason Jordan. It would be one of those soap opera storylines that has no match quality expectations on Angle if he looks as bad as he did at Survivor Series. But enough people seem be predicting HHH/Angle and if Miz is IC champion by then it's unlikely he's headed that way. Plus HHH has lost a few Wrestlemanias in a row so daddy needs a win, Angle is a good candidate

Where does Rollins go if Ambrose is really out 9 months... Braun? Multi man IC title?

Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman? One of few credible physical threats for Braun

Tag titles - The Bar vs babyface tag team Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. Or the Authors of Pain show up
My card is already busted. Looks like Ronda/??? V HhH/Steph will be the big match. Asuka v Alexa makes no sense though, so I think Nia gets that match with Asuka going to Smackdown to face Charlotte. Who knows with the men other than Roman and Nakamura challenging Brock and AJ for the titles.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:39 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jeff Jarrett is being inducted into the HOF this year.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Didn't think I'd see Jeff Jarrett anywhere near WWE again. There's hope for everyone.

Novel idea to devote half of RAW to a gauntlet. I'm not sure where Braun is going. He needs to be the challenger to Brock and win at Mania, but I can see them going with Reigns and/or Cena. Possibly a triple threat, since Cena seems like he's on the way out, or at least to a part-time gig.

By the way, where did "Get these hands" come from? How is this suddenly Braun's catchphrase?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The episode that Angle fired him for like an hour. He was attacking the guards backstage and said you're going to "get these hands" (I believe he said it multiple times that night while on his rampage). I don't know if it was planned, but either way, it definitely stuck with the audience.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Does seem like something that struck very suddenly. Kind of like "I'm not finished with you!!"

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am
The Kramer

Braun really deserves the win on Sunday. But alas, this will be the time 100% of the crowd will stand and cheer as Roman conquers the unconquerable!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:10 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't dispute that Roman Reigns is a lot better than the crowd gives him credit for. He's by no means any better than, say, John Cena. But he's not an abomination.

Yet, I don't understand the incessant need to push him into main event positions at Wrestlemania without ever changing his character. After Mania, he had what was easily one of the best heel reactions in a long time, but he just lapsed back into his standard "Big Dog" act, playing up as a babyface but getting constant heel reactions. It's lazy that WWE doesn't change that. With Cena, they needed a star and they had him. But Roman isn't John Cena. They have too many other names that must do as well or better. Roman should have went full heel. Sure, the crowd would cheer him then, but it's better than pretending he's something else.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:56 am
The Kramer

Oh yeah, there's nothing wrong with Roman as a wrestler. It is His opinion of Roman that the crowd is booing. It is His need to book Roman in the main event 4 years in a row as some sort of revenge for how the Daniel Bryan story turned out. Ever since the Rumble, WWE has been shifting away from fan-spite booking, so there is hope that something else happens in the main event. But it is a fool's hope.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:19 am
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:
Great Raw after the Royal Rumble. I was hoping for Asuka vs Sasha at Wrestlemania, but their match was still awesome

And Wrestlemania is shaping up very nicely too.

Ronda Rousey v Charlotte
Roman Reigns v Brock Lesnar
John Cena v Undertaker
Asuka v Alexa or Nia
AJ Styles v Shinsuke Nakamura

Those all seem to be pretty set unless they go with Rousey/Rock v Steph/HHH which would be a huge waste. Put Rousey with the best in-ring worker you have and let the magic happen.

HHH v Kurt Angle
Braun v Miz
Sasha v Bayley
KO/Sami v Usos
Multiman tag team Raw ladder match
Randy Orton v Bobby Roode

Those would my guesses to fill out the card , but it does leave a lot of Smackdown guys out. New Day especially since they didn’t have a match last year.

My problem with Rousey vs Charlotte at Wrestlemania is Rousey can't lose, and she can't win because she's not even close to being ready, after this Wrestlemania Rousey should be out of sight and training for years like Lana after she was in that outdoors Wrestlemania (and she still wasn't ready after she came back). HHH/Stephanie tag match seems to protect her most

Shane will have a big-ish match... heel Orton vs Shane?

For a while I thought they could be heading for Miz vs Angle since the promos could be about he's a better father than Angle was with Jason Jordan. It would be one of those soap opera storylines that has no match quality expectations on Angle if he looks as bad as he did at Survivor Series. But enough people seem be predicting HHH/Angle and if Miz is IC champion by then it's unlikely he's headed that way. Plus HHH has lost a few Wrestlemanias in a row so daddy needs a win, Angle is a good candidate

Where does Rollins go if Ambrose is really out 9 months... Braun? Multi man IC title?

Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman? One of few credible physical threats for Braun

Tag titles - The Bar vs babyface tag team Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. Or the Authors of Pain show up
My card is already busted. Looks like Ronda/??? V HhH/Steph will be the big match. Asuka v Alexa makes no sense though, so I think Nia gets that match with Asuka going to Smackdown to face Charlotte. Who knows with the men other than Roman and Nakamura challenging Brock and AJ for the titles.

Balor vs Miz? He interacted with Miztourage in gauntlet matches, and the filler 6 man tags on Raw write themselves. Or will IC title be Balor, Miz and a couple other guys who are stranded for matches like Rollins and Braun

Nia/Alexa and Asuka/Charlotte definitely makes more sense than Asuka/Alexa and Charlotte/whoever. Don't know how they'd get there though, Nia wins by DQ tonight? I read someone suggest Nia vs Alexa - non-title, Sasha vs Bayley for the Raw title, and Charlotte vs Asuka for the SD title.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:42 pm
The Kramer

I like Balor v Miz a lot and really hope it happens.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:27 pm
100% That Bitch

Alexa Slayed that post chamber promo. Giving promo masterclasses for free

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 pm
New Server, Same X

WWE does it to themselves. For a whole year, they build these guys that deserve a shot, only to go with what is guaranteed to get booed out of the building at Wrestlemania. This will be our second time getting Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns, our fourth consecutive main-event featuring the extremely polarizing Roman Reigns (unless they go with the equally-polarizing Ronda Rousey), and yet another year where WWE goes with the boring, safe choice.

But hey, at least Braun looked strong in the match. That's always their fallback answer. Oh Roman won, but Braun looked so good in that match! He'll look even better when he inevitably wrestles Big Show or Kane at Mania.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:02 am
Keeping it Light

Rousey seems well suited for wwe's theatrics.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:41 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Solid Elimination Chamber.

I was honestly surprised that Alexa retained. WWE seemed to have lost interest in her since she has barely been on TV or in any televised matches since October, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to give the title to Sasha once again. We appear to be getting closer and closer to a needed Sasha heel turn, and it would have been awesome to see Asuka feud with and challenge Champion heel Sasha for the next 6 weeks.

A few takeaways:

>I guess we're going to get a multi-women (triple threat, fatal four or more) Raw Women's Title Match at Mania again this year. I'd love to see it just be Nia challenge Alexa, and win, but I doubt that'll happen. If it is a multi-women match again, I really hope Nia comes out on top... finally.

>Asuka choosing to challenge Charlotte for the Smackdown title is very likely now that Rousey won't be getting a title match at Mania. Asuka vs. Alexa just isn't going to get anyone excited since Asuka already has a win over Alexa in their non-title match a couple months ago. Asuka versus Charlotte is the biggest main event caliber match the women's division can get this year at Mania. And assuming Asuka wins the Smackdown title and moves to Smackdown, it'd continue to keep her streak safe for awhile longer, and avoid any Asuka/Rousey showdown if they're on separate programs.

>Angle is probably replacing the Rock as Rousey's rumored tag partner versus HHH and Stephanie at Mania given what happened last night.

>I don't think Strowman is out of the title picture, and thus the Mania main event just yet. Making the Universal Title match a triple threat is probably for the best, even if we've already had a similar match or two last summer that involved all three guys.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

-Reigns cut a decent promo for once. I'm assuming this was planned, advertising Brock and saying he no-showed. Gives Roman good ammunition to try and sway the audience in his favour. Unfortunately those who boo him are the people who cheer Brock, so it's a lost cause. But I will give credit that he did a good, brief promo that said what so many are thinking.

-Seems like Cena vs. Undertaker is happening. I'm mixed. Not that Taker will come back again, but that his streak isn't still alive. Since we're long past the point of Brock ending the streak having any relevance, it would have been nice to have Cena come out in the later stages of his career and want to achieve one last thing he and no one else has. Brock and Roman beat him to it twice. But it's still a cool dream Mania match.

-Ronda Rousey has a long way to go. Putting her with Kurt Angle against Triple H and Stephanie will be an interesting choice and will guarantee some good will pops against The Authority, but once she's in the actual division, going to be interesting to see if she can sustain interest.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:43 pm
100% That Bitch

Please keeps Asuka and Rousey as far away as possible.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:48 pm
Keeping it Light

For someone who's been in more than one film, Rousey just can't act.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:24 am
New Server, Same X

I wonder if there's a way John Cena could win the WWE Championship at Fastlane and Randy Orton could steal Shinsuke Nakamura's title opportunity so we could really save Wrestlemania 34.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:05 am
100% That Bitch

Lololol I love your sarcasm

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 pm
New Server, Same X

It just seems so outside the realm of possibility that they will keep Styles and Nakamura in tact for Mania. Styles and Nakamura is what could save what will otherwise be a mediocre-at-best Mania. I didn't like the slight "point at Mania sign" moment between Nakamura and Cena either. That's not the money match.

Rumor says that WWE sees Braun as over big, especially to pull off side-splitting WWE comedy. The only time he should be doing comedy is with Alexa Bliss for their Mixed Match Challenge promos. It would strongly diminish him to partake in many comedy segments. Unless WWE hires legit comedy writers, and even then, what the fuck, this is WWE, not Comedy Central.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:22 am
The Kramer

Braun looks like he is headed for a Guitar On a Pole match, so the comedy report makes sense.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:35 pm
New Server, Same X

Undertaker is proof you can get over without succumbing to becoming a walking joke. I don't want to see Braun come out and start cutting promos where he talks about how small some guy's balls are, or calling other guys a "little bitch". Standard WWE fare to get cheap crowd pops.

I do seriously hope (fuck, never thought I'd say these words) that Roman Reigns wins the title at Mania. I need Brock Lesnar to take an extended break and when he does come back, only as a non-title holder. Look at guys like Rollins, Balor, Samoa Joe, Strowman. They should all have had a title run in the past year, or at least challenged for it. But they've all been held down because you can't feud with an absent champion, and even when you do (for Joe and Strowman), you aren't winning the title.

Rollins could be getting a top-level push, but now he's bound for an IC title match. I'm not complaining, the IC and US titles should hold more value. But it's weird to see guys like Rollins and Orton in these mid-level title matches. Not to mention they're taking that moment away from someone else who could use the spot.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Lesnar's contract details should be rumored/leaked in the coming days/weeks, so we'll know if he'll retain the Universal Title or not soon. He's made what, like 6 or 7 Raw appearances, and had 4 title defenses in a year?

I can't recall last when any title has been so irrelevant.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:00 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It's so crazy to think how much they're bending over backwards for him. He doesn't need that title. He could do an Undertaker-style run from a few years ago where he wrestles four times a year and not hold the title. People will still pay to see Lesnar. You put the title on someone who needs it to stay relevant. He would still be a name without it, so why waste it?

It's crazy to think it started so promisingly, with Finn Balor winning the title. Kevin Owens held it and made it a strong championship, until Goldberg took it and then gave it to Brock. I'm not sure if they see it as some UFC-WWE hybrid, where the champion only defends a small number of dates a year, but this isn't UFC.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 235  Next