Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
B 47%  47%  [ 7 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
F 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 15

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 
Keeping it Light

Post Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Quote:
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a 2017 American action adventure comedy film directed by Jake Kasdan and written by Kasdan, Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, from a story by McKenna. A standalone sequel to Jumanji (1995), the film stars Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas and Bobby Cannavale.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:43 am
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Awesome film, Jack Black steals every non rock scene.
The Rock is just on a whole other level of charisma.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:58 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

More enjoyable than I was expecting. The cast has great chemistry, and their frequently hilarious interactions mostly makes up for most flaws during the film. B.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

This Jumanji film is a nice enough family spectacle. I grew a bit bored towards the end and the whole plot isn't all that interesting, but what seemingly couldn't have worked better is the cast. Everyone carries their own amount of laughs to make it into a decent comedy.

B-

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:17 pm
Indiana Jones IV

The cast on this was brilliant, though like stuffp I did grow a bit bored of the film itself towards the end. Very enjoyable family/comedy film overall though. Jack Black was especially amusing to me, which is unusual because I'm generally not a fan.

B

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:50 pm
The Kramer

Jack Black should win best supporting actor AND best supporting actress.

The rest of the cast is fun too. The film soars anytime they do comedy bits. And the identity themes were enough to add weight to those scenes as well. But yes, the action parts are dull and the story gets boring towards the end. The strengths are more than enough to cover those parts up though.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:14 pm
Extraordinary

JUMANJI

I was very entertained by this film. It's a fun comedy. The actors are all really into their roles and portraying the young actors personality traits. Everybody did a great job. Now, I did think it started a bit slow until we get to the in game action. I liked how they incorporated the NPC stuff andthe cutscene as well. Nice touches. Overall, it's a very funny film with some positive messages. I hope the cast or at least the Rock and Kevin or Kevin and Jack do a commentary track for the film.

Grade - A

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 pm
Superfreak

Jack Black is a total breathe of fresh air. He is hilarious. The others are fine but JB is obviously the main attraction.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:17 pm
Wallflower

Saw it last Tuesday. It's pretty good. I did get a little bored towards the end but it's solid, forgettable entertainment. Jack Black stole the show and I enjoyed Karen Gillan as well, though I'm already a fan of hers.

7/10 (B or B-)

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:25 am
Superman: The Movie

Yeah, as pretty much everyone has mentioned, Jack Black is the MVP. He really could've hammed it up/phoned it in, but he didn't.

It's entertaining and it's funny. That's pretty much all I wanted.

B+

Better than the original.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Jumanji is relentlessly stupid. The witless writing squanders the talents of the 3 male leads - and why didn't they hire a top notch female comedian for the fourth spot? *D*

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 am
Keeping it Light

tree and a half wrote:
why didn't they hire a top notch female comedian for the fourth spot?

Because they aren't hot.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I liked it in bits and pieces. The chemistry among the 4 leads is great. Surprisingly the action was a letdown for me specially with the theme being inside the game and having powers though the comedy/continuous bickering among leads manages to keep things interesting. The character lives weren't as important as they could have been and the ending is quite lame; loved the stakes in original movie's ending. Overall its a solid entry but I like the original better for its inventiveness and concept execution.

Jack Black is a laugh riot, anytime he is on screen the movie springs to life. Hart even though toned down is doing his usual shtick but is not annoying.

5/10

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's cute and has its moments but the original is miles away the better film with the cooler concept. Jack Black and Karen Gillan were the standouts of the cast for sure. B/B-

Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:29 am
Profile YIM

I laughed and had a good time

B

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:39 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I think I know better how to guage if something is going to be an unexpected megahit and its because of this movie. Namely if you watch something and its silly, throwaway and more importantly devoid of anything that could offend anybody.

Jumanji ticks all those boxes. I enjoyed it........it was throwaway............and i lacked offence.

I dunno if its bulletproof but its a good theory!

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Yeah, after seeing the reactions from the alt-right to Last Jedi, you gotta not offend anyone, including white males.

But then I ask you about Wonder Woman and it’s success? Was Steve Trevor enough to appease white males?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:33 pm
now we know

This is a fun film. The first half is far more interesting and exciting than the second, and I was a bit fed up towards the end. It attempts to be a funny film, and more or less achieves success, though exclusively down to Jack Black (the peeing scene is a notable highlight). Overall, this sequel pales in comparison to the wonder and joy of the 1995 classic, but it is fun enough if you have a couple of hours to waste.

C+

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

So after all the hype surrounding the box-office success of this flick I finally checked it out today, and just as I suspected from the trailers I knew I wasn't really going to like it and no surprise I didn't. The cast isn't really the problem, because they do have pretty decent chemistry with each other, but I just didn't find this movie very funny at all. Jack Black was probably the only one that managed to get a few chuckles out of me, but his character also annoyed the hell out of me at times as well. The Rock is basically playing a wimpier version of himself, Kevin Hart is once again the victim of a million short jokes and yells a lot and Karen Gillian was some awkward, hot ass kicker. Nothing we haven't exactly seen before and the super stereotypical teens weren't much better either. I honestly didn't care for any of them, and I still don't get the point of the Nick Jonas character. Bobby Cannavale was a awful sneering villain, the so called action sequences sucked, and their is so much bad CGI in this between the poor green screen landscapes and those shitty excuses for animals. If people love this movie that's fine, but I honestly don't get it, and I hate how its being compared to the original film which I grew up with and loved as a kid.

D

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:22 am
Hold the door!

It's really funny, especially considering its PG-13 rating and kid friendly nature. The actors are all great and the special effects are pretty good considering how not that expensive the film was. It's not one I would necessarily watch over and over, but it was a breath of fresh air and not much like the other franchise pictures that pollute the cinema.

A-

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:09 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I have watched this movie a couple of times and have since increased my grade to a solid A. The movie has amped up action, adventure and fun bits. It also manages the real life and game characters very well. The stakes could have been better but that's a minor complain.

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]