Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Wonder Woman (2017) 

Rate this film.
A 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
B 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
C 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 23

Wonder Woman (2017) 
Forum General

Post Re: Wonder Woman
Also, it's the best of the DC crap, but that's not saying much.

Man of Steel was terrible, Suicide Squad was a joke. Didn't watch BVS, and of course won't watch Justice League which looks lol.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 am
Profile WWW

Forgot how emotional this film is, starting to feel it is almost underrated ironically

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 am
now we know

I semi-watched this again on my flight back from the US. It was on another guy's screen and I didn't want to watch anything so just stared at this for two hours. Though it's really not very good, it is much more watchable without sound! But I still don't get the hype other than to make a statement on equality. That finale goes ... on ... for ... a ... fuck ... ing ... age. It must be 40 minutes. And it is incredibly lame. Oh, and I paid close attention to the no man's land scene that everyone is jizzing over. The mind truly boggles how people find such an averagely shot, averagely acted, averagely styled, averagely enhanced, and averagely scored scene so great.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

This is one of the movies where I feel the sequel will see a big decline both in terms of critical and audience reception. Though it will open huge enough to get a respectable total.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:22 pm
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
This is one of the movies where I feel the sequel will see a big decline both in terms of critical and audience reception. Though it will open huge enough to get a respectable total.

Maybe, but I don’t see any read to draw that conclusion already.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Its not a conclusion by any news but my feeling that we will see a big decline for the sequel.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:44 pm
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Its not a conclusion by any news but my feeling that we will see a big decline for the sequel.

It’s positioned to be the big movie besides Frozen 2 (which shouldn’t affect it too much as it’s animated and live action and animated blockbusters coexist just fine) until Star Wars. I think it should have respectable legs unless it’s WOM is horrible, and considering how much WW lore there is left untapped I find that unlikely. And the OW will be over 150m. I’d say most likely it opens on par with the upper tier Marvel films, considering its legs and total was way more than GOTG, which almost hit 150m OW.

But this is a review thread.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm
Superman: The Movie

^
|

That.

Now the legs probably won't be anywhere near as good a second time around, but I think zwack has the opening weekend in the right range. The opening weekend should be big enough to get it near 400m again. And if the movie is very good once again, maybe the legs will be similar. The tickets sold could rival that of the Superman (1978). But, you usually only capture lightning once.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:25 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I was a little underwhelmed when i first saw this in a theatre but watching it at home a few months later I came to enjoy it much more and now consider it possibly better than anything DC since TDK and up there with some of the better Marvel films.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:58 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yes let's not derail the review thread. More of this discussion later.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:53 am
Keeping it Light

Jack Sparrow wrote:

The way you describe it, you expect it to do like 130/325?

I think that's certainly a possibility, but it doing 150/450 is just as likely.

I'll await a trailer to see what they mustered up and how the reception to that's going to be.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 am
now we know

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Yes let's not derail the review thread.

Yes, because the site just cannot keep up with the amount of reviews this 7-month old film is still getting, and they might get lost in the discussion.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Algren wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Yes let's not derail the review thread.

Yes, because the site just cannot keep up with the amount of reviews this 7-month old film is still getting, and they might get lost in the discussion.

We can discuss this in the sequel thread more appropriately where more people might chime in the conversation.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

stuffp wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

I'll await a trailer to see what they mustered up and how the reception to that's going to be.

I like your first prediction but I think the OW won't be as big. The first movie also had a lot going for it in terms of first solo female superhero movie and that a lot of people were wanting to see a WW movie which is why it did so big and had great legs.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 pm
Keeping it Light

It legs where sooooo good, that made it into an extremely popular film. I think it's very hard to see not a big (a la 130m) opening for this.

It's just bound to increase, and 130m is conservative with that I think.

I'm not considering release date or competition though.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

True that but I am still predicting an increase over OW. Even Marvel solo sequels had tough time building up on audience OW after the first movies did so well and DCEU movies should be same.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:15 am
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
True that but I am still predicting an increase over OW. Even Marvel solo sequels had tough time building up on audience OW after the first movies did so well and DCEU movies should be same.

Besides Ultron, all the sequels saw significant gains OW.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 am
Ocarina of Time

Jack Sparrow wrote:
stuffp wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

I like your first prediction but I think the OW won't be as big. The first movie also had a lot going for it in terms of first solo female superhero movie and that a lot of people were wanting to see a WW movie which is why it did so big and had great legs.

You tend to lie and change your opinions a lot based on the success/failure of a film when it finishes its run. You said WW had a lot against it because of BvS and SS poor critic reception.

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 am
Indiana Jones IV

I liked this about as much as I liked the last eight or so Marvel/DC movies I've seen... another over-produced, generic pile of cliches.

C

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Still my favorite of 2017.

Until maybe Shape of Water

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 pm
now we know

Week 4 update ;)

Still one of the worst superhero flicks ever made.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Steve wrote:
I liked this about as much as I liked the last eight or so Marvel/DC movies I've seen... another over-produced, generic pile of cliches.

C

I agree with regards to the last 75% of the movie - however I did enjoy the Amazon island intro. If the whole movie had been set there, Wonder Woman might have had a shot at being the best superhero movie.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Brian wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
stuffp wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

You tend to lie and change your opinions a lot based on the success/failure of a film when it finishes its run. You said WW had a lot against it because of BvS and SS poor critic reception.

Yes I forgot that point that BvS and SS impacted its OW as well. Guess I was wrong and forgot that into my consideration.

P.S: Lie? Brian you posted after so long here to write shit about me. I am honored.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:57 pm
now we know

stuffp wrote:
It legs where sooooo good, that made it into an extremely popular film. I think it's very hard to see not a big (a la 130m) opening for this.

It's just bound to increase, and 130m is conservative with that I think.

I'm not considering release date or competition though.

It will increase over opening weekend, even if just a little. Depending on what shape the female agenda is in upon its release, it could increase a lot or just a little. Its total will decrease, though. Spider-Man 2, even being an amazing sequel, couldn't manage to out-gross the first, and that had a similarly surprising/groundbreaking opening/total.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:42 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Algren's point of female agenda is also something that helped WW's legs (no pun intended ;)) the second time its not sure to get all of those. Nice example of SM which had almost the same legs and the sequel was even better but failed to cross the original.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next