Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Paige got injured at a house show and may never wrestle again.

Fuck :(

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 pm
The Kramer

Fuck house shows too. How many times does this have to happen? And for what like 2000 people max?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 pm
100% That Bitch

I'm gonna cry with this news. Paige is my fave wrestler.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Definitely sucks. Neck injuries are the worst. And wrestling is more of her life than most others can probably claim, so I can't imagine what she's feeling, especially given how young she is. I know it's always a risk, and most are surely understanding that one mistake could end someone's career, but Sasha Banks also has to be feeling pretty bad, too, as would anyone who inadvertently causes such an injury. And the "fans" blaming Sasha for this obviously don't get it.

The video of the double-kick is painful to watch; Paige's neck definitely snaps back too far.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Baymeyo did the samw move far too different from her a d Paige was fine.

Sasha put too much effort in the kick. She is kinds respondible for it.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:14 am
New Server, Same X

Sasha may be responsible, but I don't think it's cut and dry. A move like that, too soft and it looks weak. Too hard, and what happened happens. If blame must be placed, yeah, it's Sasha's fault, but I don't think it's a blame game. It's a split second instinct that Sasha over-calculated.

It's hard to watch. Looks fine at first, but then when she tries to get her footing, just crumbles. I hope it's not as severe. She's probably got the best character going in the division. And she's a solid worker. Losing her would be a major blow.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 am
The Kramer

Sasha goes 150% on everything, but its usually her that takes the worst of that style.

I still blame the house shows. If these people didn’t have to do this 4 times a week maybe their bodies wouldn’t be breaking down so easily.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:54 pm
New Server, Same X

Is there a benefit to house shows anymore? It was a way to connect WWE and WWF to cities all around the US and the world, but I don't know that it matters much now. Attendance isn't what it used to be for TV, house shows must be way worse. They haven't been here in years. Working 300 nights a year was this old school badge of honor that guys like Ric Flair and Bret Hart wore, but it just isn't the same today. Each match is a risk, and doing that multiple nights a week isn't worth it anymore.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Strowman seriously needs to win the title at the Royale Rumble. The man is ridiculously over, perhaps only behind Styles. Chasing Kevin Dunn out of the production truck AND throwing Cole off the stage? You're pretty much over for life after that.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Even after Braun becoming super-over last night, last night's RAW was pretty interesting ahead of RAW 25 next week.

I'm surprised the Curb Stomp was given the okay again. It was definitely surprising to see Rollins use it last night, and it was one of the best he's ever done (and sold incredibly well by Balor). I like the move; I just hope it doesn't lead to any injuries in the future.

Paige was there and acting her usual self (movement). WWE has acknowledged her neck injury, but neither them or Paige have said how serious it is. Paige tweeting that 2018 will be her year, while perhaps just a means to throw fans off the severe injury reports, is hopefully a sign that maybe it's not career ending.

The Revival is probably getting buried next week by DX, New Age Outlaws, or some other team. I don't know if their promo was a work or not, but either way they seem to have set themselves up for it. If it happens, then it's another waste of talent. I'm not big fans of them or anything, but surely creative could have worked them into the tag team division.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Paige looked dead inside to me.

Curb Stomp is back though! Great Raw for the most part.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm
New Server, Same X

It was an odd choice to me to have Paige come out the way she did. I legit thought maybe she wasn't even injured, but of course that's not the case. I don't know, it seems weird. I certainly hope it isn't career-ending. But she deserves to at least have an on-screen role with the women.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

RAW 25 tonight.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Ugh, i wanted Asuka to get the title tonight and then have Paige win thr Rumble.... Fuck this shit.
Also maaaybe taker/cena starts tonight?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 pm
100% That Bitch

Wait, Enzo acussed of rape and has been suspended ?!?!? Woaahhh

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, then...

If the allegations are true (lab tests come back positive, etc.), so long Enzo! Can't say I'll miss you (obnoxious attitude, unsafe in the ring, etc.). And honestly, it should, hopefully, get the Cruiserweight Division back on track a bit and get Nia Jax out of their storyline. This probably does hurt the current 205 Live Tour, though, so I feel for everyone involved in it.

If the allegations are false... hopefully this woman receives the proper punishment for such claims.

Although, I will say that this incident (no matter the result), along with Rich Swann's, is pretty bad and damages 205 Live. It'll probably continue to struggle until they sign some bigger names.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

A bloated three hour show that kept remembering it was the go-home show for Royal Rumble throughout. It was fun seeing some oldies, but also incredibly awkward just having GMs and former female wrestlers come out and wave to the crowd.

The Manhattan centre crowd must have been pissed. I don't know why they didn't either just have the whole show there or forget about it entirely. Undertaker for five minutes, DX for ten minutes, two half-assed matches.

And way to kill Matt Hardy. I honestly thought he would end up putting over Bray but not on fucking RAW. What's the over/under on Matt being let go? Six months? Four?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Definitely an overcrowded show, and agreed that they should have just had the show at the Manhattan Center. Yeah, thousands of fans wouldn't have been able to attend, etc., but surely they could have made an exception for one night given the special occasion.

And speaking of being released -- Enzo has been officially released by WWE.

Either Enzo has admitted to the allegations, authorities have provided WWE with enough evidence, or WWE really, really doesn't want any sexual harassment (rape) reports making the rounds and damaging the brand. Probably some of each, honestly, not to mention the heat that Enzo reportedly has backstage with other talent and officials alike doesn't help matters.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I don't think WWE needed a huge reason to let him go if all the heat rumors are true. But I read that he knew about allegations before they became public and didn't let WWE know. As if they'd magically disappear.

Crazy to think how Enzo and Cass were mega stars going into their first RAW appearance, and now this. Cass on the injured list after a disastrous singles debut, and Enzo released after rape allegations. Most tag teams suffer after being split up, but I'm not sure any took this much of a nosedive.

Forgot to mention how WWE featured at least two pics of CM Punk in their RAW retrospective slideshows. I know it doesn't mean anything, but WWE and Vince are keen on holding grudges. They could have continued to ignore his existence but didn't. Seems unusual to me. I know he's possibly never going to wrestle again... but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to see him back in WWE. Bad blood always seems to cool between Vince and everyone else. Bruno Sammartino, Ultimate Warrior, Austin multiple times, Bret Hart... time and negative cash flow seem to heal all wounds with former talent.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:37 pm
New Server, Same X

Also, can anyone else besides Stone Cold get away with doing the exact same shtick for all of his appearances in the last ten years?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not to the same degree of success.

Also, Triple H mentioned Chyna twice when discussing DX last night, and she was also included in their slideshows (with DX and Eddie) as well. Perhaps it's still asking too much, but maybe they're coming around to considering her for the Hall of Fame, even if it's as part of DX.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I took the Chyna mentions as a sign of respect for the dead. I'm sure most will criticize that she wasn't given the time of day when alive, but WWE and Triple H couldn't possibly take her on with her history of issues. Then again, they always have time for Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, who are perpetually bound for trouble.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:43 am
100% That Bitch

Did taker retire? Wtf was that promo

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't think so. WWE is keeping the official retirement announcement quiet for now. Speculation is still high regarding the rumored Undertaker/Cena match for Wrestlemania this year, too. Reports are saying the Taker/Cena confrontation didn't happen on Raw 25 because Cena will be doing some upcoming house shows with Elias, so they needed to that segment to begin their feud.

And Goldberg is headlining the Hall of Fame this year, which could be proof that Taker isn't quite done yet.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Don't know why they did the whole Roman Reigns thing last year if Taker isn't done. He needs to get going so he can give proper interviews out of character.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 235  Next