Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Your WoKJ persona 
now we know

Post Re: Your WoKJ persona
What a juicy topic for your return.

And I'm the only member to get a mention. Still can't get me out of your head, huh? ;)

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

I’m even nicer in real life :D

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:00 am
now we know

There is not an apples to apples comparison for me to know if I am the same on here as I am in real life. There is not a place in real life where I go to chat about a mutual interest. I mean, I go to work, but that is different. We're there for a common goal, and I get paid to be there so I tend not to tell people how moronic their ideas and thoughts are. But in terms of expressing my own ideas, I'd say that is the same, although I rarely get into conversations or debates. I am much the same as on here in that regard. A colleague gives their opinion, I give mine. If there is resistance, I let them think they are right because I rarely care about their point of view. They can carry on rambling, playing it up to the rest of the office as if they are educating me, and that's fine. I do not care in the slightest about my work colleagues and what they think of me. I think it is important to just be honest, so I value that in myself, and I believe I am honest on KJ as I am in life, even to the point where I am happy to say if I didn't know something. I do not see learning as a failure like most on the Internet do.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

2006-2009: Interests aside, definitely not.
2010-Current: Yeah, quite similar. As Algren said, it's difficult to make a direct comparison, but there isn't a noticeable area where I'd consider my online/real-life persona differing much.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:01 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Gamaur wrote:
How often do you feel contempt or annoyance when speaking to people? Sometimes there's the impression in your posts that not only does the other poster's point-of-view not matter, by neither do they matter that much as people.

Very rarely do I get annoyed when speaking to people. I also do not feel contempt either. I do not believe people (me or others) should command respect as a right. I think that has to be earned, and for me that is rarely earned by forum members. I imagine that feeling is mutual with a lot of forum members too. And regarding whether people's point-of-view (or themselves as people) matter, it really depends who I am talking to and what we're talking about, and in that regard it is easier to treat forum members with disdain than a person I see in real life. If I am talking to my boss about work, his opinion matters because he is paying my salary. But if we're talking about films or anything related to my life, then I am as opinionated as I have been on KJ. But all of this changes with age anyway. I am way less dogmatic than ten years ago. There isn't really much fire in my belly anymore to argue about pointless things, which is why I am happy to have a simple exchange of ideas then either nod in agreement or agree to disagree.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I’m a lot more reserved in person.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:39 pm
Devil's Advocate

My online persona is more narcissistic and like my father

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:02 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I am mostly more agreeable and apologetic in real life as well. But I also try to keep my point of view where I need to even with my higher-ups. The people who report to me have been very happy just recently people teams/companies have offered me to come back. I am more of a listening first and then putting my point of view in real life which I am not always here at the forum. A lot of times the external things or work pressure reflects in forum here and sometimes vice-versa (if I am sad a movie didn't do well).

So I am different in some aspects but the same in most.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Magnus wrote:
I commit far less spelling and grammar errors in real life.

Sme

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:01 am
Killing With Kindness

Purposefully more abrasive online, but mostly the same.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Hard to argue against that. You're onto something!

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm more or less the same.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 pm
Gamaur's sex slave

Same as in WOKJ. So in real life I'm Gamaur's sex slave too.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:22 am
On autopilot for the summer

Honestly, when I'm on KJ it literally feels like that scene in Superman III when Clark Kent comes out of him.

I'd say in real life 70/30 favoring clark, here 80/20 favoring Evil Supes.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:31 am
now we know

What about you, Gamaur. When is this nicey-nice persona going to end? You're putting on a bit of an act as well, right? Wasn't it only a few months ago that you were a self-declared loon?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:08 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]