Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
I'm hyped for War Games.

I also think AJ is gonna win.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:16 am
Devil's Advocate

What the fucking fuck. Kurt Angle in the TLC match? Excited for it but I'm pretty surprised they would go to these lengths to save a B PPV TLC or couldn't find another replacement. Cena too busy? Even with Matt Hardy I would've still been excited to watch it, especially with Styles-Balor added to juice the card. It seems obvious now Angle was coming back to face Miz at Wrestlemania, but now that is going to be diluted by it not being his comeback match. Then again the Rock being in a tag match first didn't hurt things much.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:26 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

WarGames is definitely exciting. Can't wait.

Also, Survivor Series looks great on paper this year -- near Wrestlemania card worthy.

Lesnar vs. Styles -- Dream match caliber and could be great if it's more than 5-10 minutes.
Alexa vs. Charlotte -- This one can also be great, I just hope it's given proper time given the other matches on the card.
Team Raw (Women) vs. Team Smackdown (Women) -- RAW's team seems too dominate, but Paige is likely to be Smackdown's 5th member, and her potential return should balance things and make it more interesting.
Team Raw (Men) vs. Team Smackdown (Men) -- Given the talent, this should be excellent and with plenty of big spots. I'm just hoping HHH, Angle, Shane, Orton, and Cena don't overshadow the newer talent on their teams too much.
The Miz vs. Corbin -- Their online feud has been strong, but this one seems very likely to be cut short considering the rest of the card so I'm not expecting more than a decent match. And there's really no where else this story can go post-SS.
The Shield vs. The New Day -- I'm beginning to suspect this could be a squash match, which could be "entertaining", but hopefully it's not since it has match of the night potential.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I know it's a high bar, but TakeOver: War Games is definitely among the best of them. Lars and Ohno was just a decent opener, but every other match truly excelled.

Aleister Black and Velveteen Dream put on an excellent match with perfect build and chemistry, certainly a MOTY candidate. And the War Games Match itself... incredible; everyone in that match gave it 110% (especially Sanity -- all of them were bleeding) and is another MOTY candidate.

I just hope Drew McIntyre (that drop looked very rough) and Alexander Wolfe (nasty looking laceration based on what the cameras allowed us to see) aren't injured.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Great show, though I liked Brooklyn a bit more.

Cien winning the title isn't quite Jinder Mahal levels of shocking, but it is close. Drew got injured and is out for 6 months though, so I guess it is for the best (though obviously they didnt know that when they booked it lol.) War Games was great, even with the nonsensical first part of the match. Wolfe looked like he lost half the blood in his body. And Dain looked like a star.

My biggest complaint is Ember Moon. I've never liked her or he stupid contacts, but storywise this is a bust too. So the woman who got whupped by Asuka over and over and over is now her succesor? Lame. Should have been Peyton or even Nikki, giving Kairi a solid feud for the next few months until she is ready to take the division. Ember winning is so #NotIconic

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I imagine Ember's reign will be pretty short. I think it's just a 'thank you' to her from the back given her contributions and time in the company, especially since they were in Texas (her home state). I think one of the commentators mentioning that she's only the sixth NXT Women's Champion versus Cien being the twelfth NXT Champion wasn't just a stat comment.

Peyton will probably win it soon.

Too bad about McIntyre. I'm not surprised given his fall, but six months.. yesh.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

That sure was a shitty main event...

Spoiler: show
Roode and Nakamura largely being treated like jobbers (especially Roode); Balor doing next to nothing (besides the nice showdown with Nakamura); Owens/Zayne interference resulting in nothing; HHH's bizarre turn and forcing an Angle feud; Strowman beating HHH down (even if that was the "highlight"). The entire match felt like it wasn't planned whatsoever, or just hours before, and not in a good way.

Seriously, why not just have Owens/Zayne interfere properly and cost Shane and Smackdown the match?

And it sure as hell seemed like the Stephanie/Bryan promo was setting up for Bryan to make a surprise entry in the match by replacing an injured Shane... We even got the pondering shot of Bryan before the camera cut away. Odd.

Otherwise -- Lesnar/Styles was pretty good, as was The Shield vs. The New Day and Sheamus/Cesaro vs. The Usos, but everything else was just fine.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Mandy Rose is the hottest female superstar EVER on wrestling. If she's as good as people claim, she'll be champion by 2018.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan, and Sarah Logan debuted Smackdown -- that's six new female superstars added to the roster this week. There's 20.5 active women (Lana being the 0.5) on the main roster now. I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe we'll get a women's tag division in the near future? It'd be the perfect opportunity to, finally, call up the Iconic Duo, too.

Also, the rumored first ever women's rumble match at Royale Rumble in January is looking pretty likely as well. A few of the female talent that WWE signed around the time of the Mae Young Classic earlier this year could make their debuts in the rumble match, and a couple surprise entries from past female superstars, such as Kelly Kelly and Eva Torres, could easily bring the number up to 30.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The rest of the card was weak (Balor Styles was good but not MOY) but damn I loved the TLC match. Kane turning on Braun was gold and all the Angle spots worked for me. Unfortunately there's been lots of Survivor Series ads on the websites I visit so I know Jinder's title reign will mercifully end soon.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:52 pm
Devil's Advocate

The Under Siege segment was good but it's funny that Smackdown brought their whole roster to Raw... well except for Orton, Owens, Zayn, Jinder, Charlotte, The Usos, who I assume were coming back from South America. But they almost brought their whole roster!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Poor Zayn, he has his big heel turn and spends his first month losing matches as usual and getting left off Survivor Series. Owens seems to have lost the momentum he had during the great HIAC feud too. I don't know why the Smackdown team couldn't have been Shane, Orton, Nakamura, Owens and Zayn. As I write this I don't know who the 5th SD member is but I'm betting on Jinder though I guess it could be Owens. It would be ridiculous in general for KO to not be in the Survivor Series team.

I knew the result already but a Smackdown match on the more unpredictable land of opportunity show compared to Raw was always the best way for the Jinder reign to end. It was his best match too. I fear that Styles will lose the title back right after Survivor Series though. This was clearly a panic move after nobody wanted Lesnar Jinder. You can tell because they were advertising the Rusev Styles qualification match the week before. Didn't they mention they're defending the title in India in December too? Still I assume AJ was going to be the one to take the belt off Jinder eventually. So even if Jinder wins it back hopefully by the end of the feud Styles is champion.

Changing the titles on Raw to make it SHIELD vs New Day and Usos vs Sheamus/Cesaro is so awesome, the former is a dream match obviously (I hope Roman is healthy enough to wrestle and it's a 3 on 3 match) and the latter is one I really wanted to see as the two teams who have been burning down the house all year.

Is there a weirder matchup possible than Miz vs Baron Corbin? Both heels and two completely opposite types. Miz is destroying him though, calling him the bathroom break of Smackdown and that he won't be here in 2 years. I wonder how much of a face reaction he'll get.

Kane coming back and being destructive is fun until he wrestles a singles match and then it's like oh yea

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:22 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reigns receiving a you deserve it pop... whaaa?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Gimme Asuka vd Absolution already

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:56 am
Devil's Advocate

Raw's team is HHH, Angle, Braun, Balor and Joe? RIP Smackdown.

Total Divas ads with Lana talking in her real voice :lol: I know the accent makes her sexier but just write it into the storyline that she was faking it at this point.

Wow Jason Jordan got murdered on that Raw, that was Apollo Crews level. Cheering for Bray Wyatt? They obviously pushed him too hard but he had more moments than Crews. Maybe a heel turn where he was conning Angle the whole time would be the best way out of this. But I figure the main reason for this storyline was it will line up with Miz fatherhood story if that's a Wrestlemania match.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 am
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
He's so poorly manufactured.

Everyone knows he isn't Kurt Angle's son. Strike 1. He's a forced babyface. Strike 2. His talent vastly outweighs his charisma. Strike 3.

You used the word manufactured differently, but it made me realize what's wrong with Jordan. He's basically what you'd get if a bunch of corporate suits sat down and tried to design the next John Cena. He could be on Nickelodeon.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:38 am
New Server, Same X

Jason Jordan is what everyone accuses Roman Reigns of being: a corporate creation. I think Reigns was a legit star when The Shield was still a heel stable, kind of like Batista just before they pulled the trigger and turned him face in 2005. The smarks are who ruined Reigns.

Jordan, meanwhile, is just a bad creation. Just turn him heel already. I just hope they don't waste Angle's first one-on-one match with him. Turn him heel and say Triple H was behind it. Angle vs. Triple H.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:11 pm
The Kramer

American Alpha's appeal was the goofy mismatched buddy cop angle they had in NXT. For whatever reason, WWE hasn't even tried to recreate that.

Coincidentally, Jason Jordan's original tag team partner was Tye Dillinger, who wishes he could be in an awful storyline right now lol.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 am
Devil's Advocate

War Games was outstanding. I highly enjoyed the Black-Velveteen Dream match (I hadn't really seen Dream in anything but a semi-squash up to that point so I didn't realize he had that much potential), Cien-McIntyre was better than I expected and frankly better than some of the more star studded title matches, and the War Games car crash match was entertaining as hell after they all got in. The enjoyment of the Divas match was slightly lessened by how they've had so many 3-4 ways with Ember, Nikki, etc. involved.

Survivor Series was great until the atrocious main event match. That has to be one of the worst booked PPV matches since the Royal Rumble Reigns won and Bryan got eliminated early. I mean it wasn't dramatic at all with it coming down to Shane obviously going to lose vs HHH, Braun, Angle, Owens interference was at the wrong time (It would've been effective if Smackdown was about to win and he cost them the whole show), they didn't really give Roode a chance to have an eye opening moment, the stupid HHH swerve at the end, and just not that much cool stuff. Can they just make 90% of these matches end with 1 on 1, I think we're ok with it compared to the more boring last two years of multiple guys standing at the time. The Divas Survivor Series match worked much better as a story, the Tamina-Nia thing was better than any mini matchup in the men's one. But I can't complain because overall the night was good. Both tag matches were great and Lesnar-Styles was Lesnar's best match in a while and him wrestling a small guy who's best in the world at selling really emphasized for the first time in a while what a monster Brock is. I definitely preferred this to last year's Survivor Series where they weren't even trying to make the count of who won the night important by the last match.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:53 am
Devil's Advocate

Reigns has what, 6 weeks to kill until he goes into Royal Rumble/Brock Lesnar mode? Ouch if Miz gets buried just for that. Rusev never recovered from the last time Reigns had a midcard belt

Paige and RUBY RIOT!!! Lots of new NXT girls with them too. Some of the current divas about to lose their spot. Carmela winning MITB looks like a waste, there's barely a place for her anymore let alone as champion.

HHH and Braun Wrestlemania feud sounds pretty dreadful

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:20 am
Devil's Advocate

Mau wrote:
Mandy Rose is the hottest female superstar EVER on wrestling. If she's as good as people claim, she'll be champion by 2018.

Too much of a spray tan porn star look. Was more attracted to Liv Morgan just among the call ups

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 am
Devil's Advocate

Corpse wrote:
So, Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan, and Sarah Logan debuted Smackdown -- that's six new female superstars added to the roster this week. There's 20.5 active women (Lana being the 0.5) on the main roster now. I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe we'll get a women's tag division in the near future? It'd be the perfect opportunity to, finally, call up the Iconic Duo, too.

Also, the rumored first ever women's rumble match at Royale Rumble in January is looking pretty likely as well. A few of the female talent that WWE signed around the time of the Mae Young Classic earlier this year could make their debuts in the rumble match, and a couple surprise entries from past female superstars, such as Kelly Kelly and Eva Torres, could easily bring the number up to 30.

They need a divas version of 205, or just have it replace 205. Seems like it should be a good financial decision since it would attract a new type of subscriber to the network, would do well on social media, etc.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:52 am
Keeping it Light

Shack wrote:
Mau wrote:

Too much of a spray tan porn star look. Was more attracted to Liv Morgan just among the call ups

Rose is hot for a female wrestler, in spray tan porn star look indeed, but hot nonetheless.

Morgan however is definitely better looking too.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:20 am
New Server, Same X

I forgot all about that RAW vs. Smackdown count at Survivor Series. That completely killed Lesnar and Styles for me. Of course RAW couldn't lose that going into the main event. It took away from the otherwise solid match between the two. It was bad enough knowing Styles wouldn't win without guaranteeing it with math.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:36 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm new to this Broken/Woken gimmick, but it seems like it can be a lot of fun if WWE doesn't ruin it. I'm apprehensive of pitting him immediately against Bray Wyatt. WWE has a history of having Bray put over the wrong people, but also going over the wrong people too.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 235  Next