Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Corpse wrote:
P.S. Happy Birthday, Mister Ecks!

Thanks, Corpse!

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:53 pm
New Server, Same X

I forgot Big Cass was briefly a thing. Then forgot he was injured. What a waste of nothing. Still don't understand why you would take away a solid tag team in a division that needs legitimate tag teams.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:55 pm
100% That Bitch

Omg, they're actually going with Lesnar/Mahal?!?!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:49 am
Devil's Advocate

Omg, the Cena-Reigns breaking the 4th wall promo was amazing, they both destroyed each other. "I'm still here because you're not doing your job good enough" - sheeeit.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 pm
100% That Bitch

Shack wrote:
Omg, the Cena-Reigns breaking the 4th wall promo was amazing, they both destroyed each other. "I'm still here because you're not doing your job good enough" - sheeeit.

Ummmmm Cena KILLED HIM, Reigns did NOTHING.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:30 pm
The Kramer

This is crazy and I still think it just may be a prank. But apparently, due to an illness in the locker room, both Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt have been replaced for TLC. AJ Styles is now taking on Finn Balor and Team Miz will face Rollins, Ambrose and freakin Kurt Angle with no promotion before hand.

Insane!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:20 pm
New Server, Same X

This is seriously fucked.

Don't think it's a prank at all, it's a very real situation apparently. Certainly crazy that The Shield's big return match is postponed, and even crazier that they're bringing Angle back this way. It's probably the only viable option and definitely a bigger deal than the Shield reunion.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's understandable that Bray, Bo, and Jojo are all ill given their real life relationships, but Roman Reigns, too? Seems odd that he's afflicted by the same illness, especially since he appeared to be 110% on RAW. Hopefully all recover fully from this.

Kurt filling in is a mixed result. It's certainly huge news, but also feels a tad underwhelming to see him return in a crowded tag team match.

Styles crossing brands to challenge Balor should be the match of the night, and maybe the year, if they're given proper time (half hour).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Damn I love the Mae Young Classic so far, I was scared for a second Kaira might be done for after braid girl hit the 450 in Rd 2. I also am a fan of Abbie, Piper, Mia Yim so far. Lita and JR combo is perfect. I hope the divas get their own show after this, it should draw a new demo to subscribe to the network more than 205 does

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:47 am
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
It's understandable that Bray, Bo, and Jojo are all ill given their real life relationships, but Roman Reigns, too? Seems odd that he's afflicted by the same illness.

Found that a bit odd too. How contagious is it? If I was Bray... :nope:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 am
New Server, Same X

With AJ Styles and Kevin Owens not working the Chile event tonight, Triple H is stepping in in what will likely be a shitty squash match for someone, but hopefully it's a decent one whoever he wrestles.

Too bad they put so much time and effort into pushing H as a heel the last few years. He would have been a better option than Kurt Angle for TLC.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Alexa Bliss needs a new finisher. At least make it a variant of the ddt, please...

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Around Sept 12

- Owens McMahon storyline so perfectly fits his character. If he was a forum poster he would have so many threads in The Site arguing with moderators, getting banned and then arguing about getting banned like Maverikk.

- Enzo in cruiserweight division has been more fun than I thought it would be, great promo with Miz too

- I'm not sure why they buried Lana the wrestler and now she's basically managing a female Rusev in Tamina. I thought she was doing pretty decent all things considered and had a lot of charisma.

- So is Vince seeing a young Reigns/Cena in Jason Jordan? The wasn't seeing it until the Cena and Reigns matches which were good. Disappointed they didn't give Gable a real go in singles after he impressed so much in his brief chance

- Reigns and Lesnar seems like the Wrestlemania main event as the two guys to beat the Undertaker (Heyman called him out on this the day after Wrestlemania, Lesnar pinned Reigns at Summerslam which Heyman pointed out again) but it feels like a waste if they don't just ride the Braun momentum. Not sure what they'll do at No Mercy. I guess if Brock loses he could just win it back in January

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 am
New Server, Same X

I gave up on wrestling this week, and I see they're decided to go the invasion/brand war route once again. OK.

Funny that three of the four champion vs. champion matches have two heels facing each other (Brock may be in between, but I'd classify him as a heel).

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Lesnar vs. Styles. :D

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

What a way to reverse my interest in Survivor Series. From squash match to dream match.

I'm not a huge fan of having so many titles changing hands or potentially changing hands. But if this is the end of Jinder Mahal - WWE Champion, I'm OK with it.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 am
Devil's Advocate

Wow, the rare double turn with Enzo and Neville. I guess heel Enzo with help is the only way to make him a credible champion, but I wasn't expecting face Neville. I thought they were keep Kalisto out of the division solely to wait for Neville vs Kalisto at Wrestlemania.

They should just make Emma's new gimmick that she changes her theme song every week. Though she's not the only one with rapid changes lately

Heel Ziggler is really a great fit as jobbing out to these new wrestlers like Nakamura and Roode. Not sure if it was because of injury but I'm glad they didn't make him spend 3 months jobbing to Tye Dillinger and Sami Zayn or whatever, it keeps him slightly stronger this way.

Is Nakamura vs Jinder going to be on the pre show or the main show? Zzz. The WWE champion would feel out of place in the final hour of Smackdown at this point. I hope those Asian subscribers are worth it. And it feels like they're setting up Rusev for a title run after going through Orton. More asian money!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Reading Shack's post are like some bizarre time capsule of opinions where everything that happened only a few weeks ago is completely irrelevant today.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's funny how Rollins and Ambrose went through this huge storyline of to finally reconcile and get over his betrayal, but Becky went back to being BFF with Charlotte basically overnight despite her backstabbing and being one of the WWE's most irredeemable assholes for the better part of 2 years. It's not like Charlotte and Becky desperately needed a storyline to keep them on air for the whole summer or anything.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:37 pm
New Server, Same X

What is WWE doing right now? I'd say they are caving to fan reactions, but they've never done that. But have any of the announced Survivor Series matches stayed intact? Now Triple H is wrestling with barely any build-up. I'm not complaining, most changes are going to make for a great card. Jinder Mahal is threatened to be laughed out of the building? Go with AJ Styles. Jason Jordan getting booed mercilessly? Bring back Triple H.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's all rather unpredictable, and I think I enjoy it. Attendance has been down all year, so perhaps they have decided to give in to the fans a bit for awhile.

Also, Bray lost in his return match. What in the world did he do to generate such heat backstage. :/

And I don't really understand the poor audience reception Jason Jordan has been receiving. Sure, he's being pushed by WWE and that's generally a turn off for "fans", but he cuts decent enough promos and is solid in the ring. *shrug*

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

He's so poorly manufactured.

Everyone knows he isn't Kurt Angle's son. Strike 1. He's a forced babyface. Strike 2. His talent vastly outweighs his charisma. Strike 3.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:21 am
Devil's Advocate

Hell in a Cell was good, I especially liked them on top of the cage because of the fear Shane would get pop up powerbombed through it. Shane jumping off lost some luster the second time but the Zayn twist is good though I don't love his chances as a heel if he goes that way and Owens doesn't need the bodyguard. Overall great emotional feud between Owens and Shane.

AJ Corbin Dillinger match was pretty fun for me, almost as fun as the HIACs. Dillinger has more potential than the create a wrestler I had him pegged as. I guess this means AJ goes to the main event scene? Please end this Jinder madness.

I guess it's over for Rusev, the Cena and Orton feuds were a real good litmus test to see if he had a next level and he didn't. Next stop comedy tag team with Aiden English?

Alexa and Mickie promos have been surprisingly awesome so far

Why not just have Sasha face Asuka at TLC and add a main event caliber match to the card? Give the people what they want.

Can't look up if he's injured cause of spoilers, but if not where is Samoa Joe? Joe vs Braun would be pretty fun. Joe vs Finn, etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Enzo as cruiserweight champion era, I almost wonder if it's a mistake to not keep him at the top, he could have had a solid 2-3 months with a faction (Daivari etc.) helping him cheat wins. He's not James Ellsworth in the ring, his athleticism on his DDG move was pretty awesome and for a bad wrestler the lumberjack match in the main event got a better reaction than basically any Neville match. I hope he at least stays in the division because he could be their Miz which is sorely needed. Speaking of cruiserweights I think they should put Tyler Breeze in it, Fashion Police segments have run their course and they were on 205 a few months ago making fun of Drew Gulak and it felt right. Xavier Woods would be an amazing cruiserweight but they can't get him from New Day.

Renee back to her short hair :wub2:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

KANE??? I thought it was going to be Samoa Joe as 5th member. I would be much more interested in them bringing back Corporate Kane since he does great promos, but I guess they'll be doing an Undertaker revenge thing? Reigns vs Kane Survivor Series feud sounds terrible.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 235  Next