Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
Forum General

Post Re: Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassment Allegations
MadGez wrote:
I guess Harry Knowles, Devin Faracci and the Honest Trailers guy couldn't be happier with the timing of the Weinstein revelation!

My facebook feed is almost 80% articles on Harvey (with pics of his ugly mug) or of celebrities publicly denouncing him or opening up about being harassed/abused by him.

Hopefully this opens the flood gates and more deviants are outed because there is plenty worse going on than Harvey's transgressions!

Apparently he is blaming his brother Bob for leaking the scandal.

Also, interesting to see articles of Hollywood in-jokes about Harvey in recent years (ie. Seth McFarlane at one of the awards shows). Most people did indeed know (about some of his behavior at least).

Something happen with those guys?

No one should be overshadowed, if guilty all should go to jail.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I am pretty tired of it too. I don't even consider this a top 10 news story. We have so many other problems right now between what ever the fuck Trump is doing to all the hurricanes that have devastated the coast.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:39 am
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

BK wrote:
MadGez wrote:
I guess Harry Knowles, Devin Faracci and the Honest Trailers guy couldn't be happier with the timing of the Weinstein revelation!

My facebook feed is almost 80% articles on Harvey (with pics of his ugly mug) or of celebrities publicly denouncing him or opening up about being harassed/abused by him.

Hopefully this opens the flood gates and more deviants are outed because there is plenty worse going on than Harvey's transgressions!

Also, interesting to see articles of Hollywood in-jokes about Harvey in recent years (ie. Seth McFarlane at one of the awards shows). Most people did indeed know (about some of his behavior at least).

No one has accused Harvey of doing anything illegal as far as I know. Asking people you're the boss of to give you massages and watch you shower may be inappropriate and gross, but it's not illegal.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:01 am
Keeping it Light

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
I am pretty tired of it too. I don't even consider this a top 10 news story. We have so many other problems right now between what ever the fuck Trump is doing to all the hurricanes that have devastated the coast.

It even took everyone's mind on this forum away to create a Blade Runner 2049 WWW thread.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 am
now we know

Rose McGowan has been suspended from Twitter for 12 hours. :funny:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Barrabás wrote:
No one has accused Harvey of doing anything illegal as far as I know. Asking people you're the boss of to give you massages and watch you shower may be inappropriate and gross, but it's not illegal.

What you described is illegal. It’s not necessarily a crime he can be arrested for, but it’s illegal as it relates to American employment laws.

Sexual assault, false imprisonment and rape, which Weinstein has been accused of, are also illegal.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 am
Profile WWW
now we know

There's only one thing worse than Harvey Weinstein at this time, and that's kiddie fiddlers.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Harvey will be fine. He'll have his pick of talent willing to sign on to The Harvey Weinstein Company projects, like the master of horror, Victor Salva!

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 am
Profile WWW
The Original

Eh what now?

Did he rape those women

or

did these women sleep with him to boost their careers?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am
Forum General

Barrabás wrote:
BK wrote:
MadGez wrote:

Read this article and listen to the embedded audio clip contained therein:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ir-stories

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 am
Indiana Jones IV

FILMO wrote:
Eh what now?

Did he rape those women

or

did these women sleep with him to boost their careers?

There are undoubtedly women who slept with him to boost their careers. But that's not illegal nor are there any indications that those are the people accusing him of rape.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Harvey being a perverted douche is no surprise.

The best part of this story is the reactions to the reactions though.

Ben Affleck: "This was horrible"
Internet: "Well heres a video of you grabbing Hilary Burton's tit. And who is Casey harassing these days?"

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 pm
Indiana Jones IV

TWC is getting an infusion of cash and will probably end up selling some or most of its assets to some investment firm:

http://deadline.com/2017/10/weinstein-c ... 202189063/

What's interesting is that this is the same firm that bought Miramax from Disney. They sold Miramax themselves a couple of years ago.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

lesterg wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

What you described is illegal. It’s not necessarily a crime he can be arrested for, but it’s illegal as it relates to American employment laws.

Sexual assault, false imprisonment and rape, which Weinstein has been accused of, are also illegal.

Yep. It's illegal, all right.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I said it about Cosby and it's true about Weinstein: I don't know how much traction these stories get outside the age of social media. Jesus, the Cosby story floated for almost a decade before it gained traction. I'm glad shitty people doing shitty things are finally getting caught and dealt with accordingly.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:07 am
now we know

I am also glad that people that did or do shitty things are getting exposed. But what I worry about is that it may go too far. I believe the culture of shaming someone and ruining someone's reputation based on newfound feminism is empowering. And if that's aimed at bad people, then it's all good. But I wouldn't like it to affect innocent behaviour such as a man in power hitting on a woman, because that is still allowed. Laws of attraction should never be shamed. But I feel it may be close because the potential rewards for the victim (empowerment, attention) and ease of creating a stir outweigh any harmful consequences, especially when in modern society (aided by a media that will literally run any story so long as they can get clicks) people like to feel victimized and every accusation against a man will instantly resort to a stain on his entire legacy, even with no proof. The accusation is enough, and that is the type of power that should not be blindly given to victims. I mean, social media is great for getting stories like this out there, and that's great when it's legit, but what if it's false or exaggerated or playing the system. Because these days the culture that everyone is guilty, and has their reputation ruined, before any body has even had the chance to determine the facts. In Harvey's case, he's fucked because so many women have come out there's no way they're wrong about him, but that won't be the case for all, and there will be countless cases moving forward of smear campaigns against males just because they can, so easily, with the press of a few keys.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I keep hearing about how men's careers have been destroyed by false accusations but then I see Casey Affleck signing on to work with Alfonso Cuaron, Bill O'Reilly getting a new show, etc. and realize that's mostly bullshit. Barring an arrest or mountains of accusers most people can weather it.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Oh fuck it then. Let's let all the skanky whores and money-grabbing, attention-loving bitches that don't have an ounce of talent and this is their only way to get noticed just tell all the lies they want. Let's believe everything anyone says and let's condemn everyone because we actually want the human race to die out. Ugly or fat men are not allowed to flirt or hit on girls. If they do, they are FUCKING RAPIST CREEPS and they should be outed because.

And I wouldn't say Casey is exactly out of the woods. What does everyone think about when they see or hear Casey Affleck? Actor, then wife beater (or whatever he did). But I wasn't even referring to anyone in particular. I have no idea about Affleck's scandal.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
Oh fuck it then. Let's let all the skanky whores and money-grabbing, attention-loving bitches that don't have an ounce of talent and this is their only way to get noticed just tell all the lies they want. Let's believe everything anyone says and let's condemn everyone because we actually want the human race to die out. Ugly or fat men are not allowed to flirt or hit on girls. If they do, they are FUCKING RAPIST CREEPS and they should be outed because.

First off: what?

Second, if this is still about Weinstein and not something personal I do not fully understand: Flirting and/or hitting on girls is normal behavior. Threatening employees or perspective employees that they will not be employed without giving into demands for sex and outright raping women is not. He's being accused of being a rapist creep because he's been accused of actually raping people.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Yes, which I already said is totally what should happen. Weinstein is a rapist and that's not acceptable. What I am saying is that this culture can easily get out of hand, and everyone will now be looking at their history trying to think of any encounter where a male celebrity was interested in them and calling them out on social media because it's so easy to do so in order to get a bit of limelight. That's what I hope doesn't happen, but it seems the wheels are already in motion.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Sure, that's a concern - although I haven't seen a lot of evidence that's happening. For all the "attention" you think these women crave, how much of it is supportive vs people calling them lying "skanky whores and money-grabbing, attention-loving bitches"?

Is there a single case of a celebrity whose career was destroyed over fake accusations? I seriously can't think of a single one.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Good. Let's hope it stays like that. But it's not about destroying careers. It's more about smearing a person's reputation. You can still work afterwards, but you'll always have this attached to your name, like Affleck.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

lesterg wrote:
Sure, that's a concern - although I haven't seen a lot of evidence that's happening. For all the "attention" you think these women crave, how much of it is supportive vs people calling them lying "skanky whores and money-grabbing, attention-loving bitches"?

Is there a single case of a celebrity whose career was destroyed over fake accusations? I seriously can't think of a single one.

Rod Sterling, Anyone involved with an Ashcan. Today, it's so hard to sift from what is true an what is rumored. But there are cases. Tom Cruise def took a hit for a few years. Woody Allen too

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:47 pm
Extraordinary

Cruise took a hit because he jumped on a couch and Scientology. I don't think he ever had an harassment charges.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Algren wrote:
Yes, which I already said is totally what should happen. Weinstein is a rapist and that's not acceptable. What I am saying is that this culture can easily get out of hand, and everyone will now be looking at their history trying to think of any encounter where a male celebrity was interested in them and calling them out on social media because it's so easy to do so in order to get a bit of limelight. That's what I hope doesn't happen, but it seems the wheels are already in motion.

Well, the culture of cover-ups and silence got out of hand for years. Now the culture of speaking up and empathy has grown in response. The trend looks normal to me. Sure people could use a little more skepticism and a deeper understanding in regards to the things said by both the accusers and the accused.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next