Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Into mid July, what are they thinking breaking up so many babyface teams at the same time? Enzo and Cass, Hype Bros (going that way), American Alpha (Only up to the Angle/Jordan reveal so I guess Gable could flip to Raw still, but feels like they're on different shows now), Golden Truth all at the same time. I guess they will have to lean on NXT call-ups, oh wait, they broke up an awesome babyface call-up in DIY too. I can't figure out who Sheamus and Cesaro are supposed to face at Summerslam let alone at a B PPV in October. And with the exception of Gable and possibly Jordan, I don't see it as singles wrestlers for any of these guys. Cass has a good look and promo but is a stiff in the ring. If Hype Bros break up it's my least favorite decision of the group, it feels like they were just coming on before Ryder injury, and Mojo had his chance at singles and failed. He is one of the best hot tags in the business but is too raw to have real matches.

Also I liked the Goldberg saga but I'm back to disliking what Lesnar does to Raw booking. For example if not for Lesnar, Rollins and Joe probably would've feuded till Summerslam, and Bray and Finn. Joe had to face Lesnar, so Rollins-Joe got dropped halfway through, and then Rollins feuded Bray instead leaving Finn with no match or momentum. Now Finn and Bray feud is back, and Rollins Bray feud didn't reach half of its potential before being dropped like the Joe one. I assumed they were heading for Rollins-Ambrose vs Miz and Bray at Summerslam, but now they will have to find a less good partner for Miz like Samson. They can revisit Rollins-Joe or Rollins-Bray later I guess, but it's all a bit of a mess

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:28 pm
The Kramer

So you want a stronger tag division and a better angle for Rollins? Hmm if only there were a way to combine them into one story???

Summerslam weekend was pretty great. Takeover had such a weird card storyline wise (Bobby Roode has been feuding with Roderick Strong for months .. yet faces Drew McIntyre), but the matches were all killer as usual. And yeah Slam started off rough but everything from Sasha/Bliss on was solid. Though I wish they couldve come up with a better ending for Naks first loss. The tag match and main event were both terrific.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:00 pm
New Server, Same X

As awesome as Summerslam was in the second half, I can't help but be discouraged by the two championship outcomes. I definitely agree that it was too soon to have Shinsuke win the title, but having him lose clean (that wasn't even a proper distraction loss) to Jinder kills some major momentum. I don't ever get the booking. At least have it be a DQ finish.

To make matters worse, Lesnar is still champion. Another marvel of WWE booking is to have someone else win, but to put someone over big even if they don't win. Against every single odd, Strowman is over and is a huge asset. Having him win at a platform like Summerslam would be huge. Instead they made him look amazing, but still had him lose.

Both outcomes are very much in WWE's repertoire of booking. Just wait and see. Wait and the outcome will be there, it'll be worth it. I always hear about guys having their Wrestlemania moment. Just wait and see when Shinsuke wins the title at Wrestlemania. I have two issues: first, Summerslam is the biggest PPV after Wrestlemania. Why not give someone a big win then? And second, Wrestlemania is no longer meant for guys to break through. Wrestlemania is meant for part-timers like Brock, Goldberg, Undertaker and Triple H to steal someone's moment for themselves.

And we're back to yet another continuing title run of an absentee champion. I'm legitimately shocked he's wrestling Strowman at No Mercy, and if there is any kind of hope in this world, Strowman will win at No Mercy, but it's too late to have a proper moment on a proper stage in front of a proper crowd. But I think WWE will just keep the title on Lesnar. It's easier to keep him champion because he does draw a crowd, but they're killing so many performers (Strowman, Samoe Joe, Rollins, Ambrose, Bray, Balor) so that they can keep the title on him instead of letting the championship further someone else's career.

Side note: with WWE fast-tracking Cena and Reigns, a Wrestlemania-calibre match, I'm wondering if The Undertaker will have his official last match next year against Reigns? I feel like his presence is too often felt, even though he isn't there.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:56 pm
100% That Bitch

Wwe reported asuka broke her collarbone in that match.

Bitch never sold a thing der god what a beast. Unless this is a work and by No Mercy she shows up and murders the qhole Raw's Women's division

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:36 pm
The Kramer

3MB is running wild on the WWE.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 pm
100% That Bitch

And she just relinquished the title to go, to the main roster.
Again nobody's ready for Asuka

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 pm
100% That Bitch

Can someone plz tell me Reigns is alive?

I know Cena is a beast but DEAR GOD he MURDERED him on the mic.
He literally left reigns speeechless for a moment. Not good showing for The Guy

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:50 pm
Top Poster

Brock-Braun and Cena-Reigns felt like the main event matches at next year's WrestleMania, definitely caught off guard that they are headlining No Mercy, Summerslam must've done horrible numbers with its underwhelming card or something major is happening.

I couldn't find anything on when John Cena's contract expiring, except really old articles that he signed a 10 year contract in 2007 and it will expire in 2017. Could this be Cena's last match under current contract? Even if he is still under contract until 2018 or later, I don't expect to see him this year again after No Mercy until next year's Road to Wrestlemania.

And then there were rumors last month Brock would be at UFC's November PPV, could those rumors be true and this could be his last WWE match this year (and possibly returns next year for Wrestlemania)

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:17 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Yeah, I don't get why they're fast-tracking Cena and Reigns at No Mercy. If you aren't waiting for Mania, at least do Survivor Series. This feels rushed. And Strowman should have faced Lesnar at Summerslam and beat him.

The Reigns/Cena segment was aces on the night, but in theory, I don't like them breaking the fourth wall to boost interest. Using insider terms just diminishes everything else. It's crap Triple H would do a lot. If you can't garner interest in a money match like Reigns and Cena without resorting to cheap one-liners to get a pop, maybe don't do it at all.

On the plus side, Jeff Hardy is now in singles competition again, which is exactly what he and Matt needs. The tag team run ran its course with the numerous Broken/Woken references. Now if you can't get the Broken rights, go with the Woken gimmick and get it going.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:19 am
The Kramer

That promo was fire!! I was at Takeover levels of hype.

Poor Sasha though. :mad: Someone important doesn't like her.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:05 pm
New Server, Same X

They know they have to give the women the odd main-event match, but God forbid you just let them have a good match without needing a big title change at the end to sustain interest.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:40 am
100% That Bitch

Mister Ecks wrote:
They know they have to give the women the odd main-event match, but God forbid you just let them have a good match without needing a big title change at the end to sustain interest.

Alexa deserves it way more than Sasha.

Alexa>>>> Sasha. Yes, I said it

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 pm
New Server, Same X

Totally agree, but Sasha shouldn't have won it back to start with. Like the US title, there are too many title changes for the RAW Women's title.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

I am around August 1st and I can't believe how disappointing the Owens/Styles feud has been, all the non clean finishes have hurt it but I guess some styles just don't mix or they're too similar. As soon as you put in Jericho for the triple threat on SD it was an almost match of the year, but the one on one matches are just not clicking for me. Maybe they will turn it around and have a Summerslam classic.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm
The Kramer

Styles and Owens lack of chemistry is one of the most surprising stories of the year. Maybe even more surprising than Jinder Mahal having two ppv main events.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:09 am
New Server, Same X

I keep waiting for Reigns to step up and show a push to the next level of stardom, but he's got nothing. I'm not sure if that's the intention, but putting him up against Cena every week is showing just how second-rate he is. He really is a corporate creation. And Cena's right: can't blame him for burying Reigns. He's burying himself. His only saving grace is that Vince will push him forever.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:48 pm
100% That Bitch

Raw isn't ready for Asuka

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm
New Server, Same X

Vince hasn't put someone over like that since Donald Trump shaved his head.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, that was one of the best segments in years.

In other news... Bobby Heenan passed away today at 72. :(

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

One of my absolute favorites. It's sad that the current generation of fan only knows about the VINTAGE style of Michael Cole or the so-vanilla-it's-painful style of Byron Saxton. Corey Graves is as close to an old school commentator as we have (although my experience of Ranallo is limited at best... he seems close to a Joey Styles).

But Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan were the voices of my childhood. Their style is unmatched. The JR/King (when he was a true heel color commentator) pairing was close, but never duplicated the style of Monsoon and The Brain. I'm actually surprised when thinking about it how little of them I actually experienced on commentary, but their legacy is immense.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, seek out the 1992 Royal Rumble, my favorite match ever. There's a reason why the entire Royal Rumble (60+ minutes) is an included match on Bobby Heenan's DVD a few years back. It's a master class in storytelling, between the action in the ring and the expert commentary from Monsoon and especially Heenan, who had a stake in the match with The Nature Boy. I credit that match with being my first true experience in connecting with this silly world of wrestling that sticks with me today.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 pm
New Server, Same X

Got choked up during that Bobby Heenan tribute. He was such an incredible character and an even quicker wit. It's fitting that it's the 25th anniversary of that Royal Rumble for me because that's the match that made me a fan. Even at 5 years old, I remember being just as invested in Gorilla and Brain calling the match as I was watching Ric Flair narrowly avoid elimination at every turn. It's rare, especially today, to remember the commentary of a match as much or more than the match itself.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:35 am
New Server, Same X

On the down side, I have no interest whatsoever in Jason Jordan. He's a great performer, but I hate his storyline. Any time they give someone a soap opera-style storyline, it's embarrassing for them and for us.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:36 am
100% That Bitch

Can Asuka start kicking the shit out of the raw womens división already plz?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:04 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
Can Asuka start kicking the shit out of the raw womens división already plz?
She should've gone to Smackdown. The Raw womens division is fine but on Smackdown they can't even figure out what to do with Charlotte and Becky. Its very sad.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 pm
The Kramer

Though really it might've been good to just hold Asuka off until the big Team Rousey vs Team WWE match happens. Asuka is the only one in WWE who could "realistically" beat Ronda. I wanted Asuka to come to the main roster undefeated, but passing the NXT throne to Kairi now seems like the right thing to do.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 235  Next