Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Agreed. The Universal Championship needs to be there on a weekly basis. The title will be a year old next month, and Owens is the only guy who has made it relevant (since Balor was injured day one).

Lesnar will probably lose at SummerSlam in a Triple Threat/Fatal Four Way to help maintain his image. I'm betting the Reigns/Joe #1 contender match next week ends in a no contest somehow.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Big Cass's opening promo and ensuing Big Show match setup for Summerslam was kind of painful. He needs a mouthpiece. He constantly looks like he's either going to burst out laughing or burst into tears. There's no reason to suggest he'll be a big player. Braun Strowman is THE big guy right now. To suggest Cass can measure up to him is laughable.

On the plus side, will this feud be the end of Big Show? He's said he won't compete at another Wrestlemania. Maybe have Cass retire him, which would be a (supposed) feat for Cass to hang on to, like Lesnar's run as the 1 in 21-1. I like Show, but he hasn't had a meaningful feud in years. He constantly bounces between face and heel. He's a likeable guy, but he should take on a non-wrestling role in WWE.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm in early May and some of these Smackdown decisions... making Jinder the #1 contender? His body looks sick but jesus, can he even wrestle. And are they turning Charlotte face? I felt like she had a good heel/Queen run in her on Smackdown

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 pm
The Kramer

Talking Smack was cancelled because Vince doesn't like having unscripted programs. Cause everything has to be micro managed GOD DAMMIT. Can't have people getting themselves over!!!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, quite unfortunate. I'm glad multiple superstars came out against it, too, even if it means nothing.

Also, RAW tonight...
Spoiler: show
Jason Jordan... Angle's son.. What? Not only is that a bizarre story angle for WWE these days, but how exactly does this supposedly put Angle's job in jeopardy? Why was he freaking out for the past couple months over this reveal? I'm really confused.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Just watched Jinder's win at Backlash. LMAO. It was a great moment with the shocked crowd and his reaction. NXT Chicago/Backlash weekend was great, loved that heel turn and the UK Championship match

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:30 pm
The Kramer

Lol shack. Jinder's main event push still seems strange months later, but the moment it happened was great.

I'm done with it though as I think having a big summerslam feud with Cena is a waste. Hopefully he drops the title on Sunday and we get Randy v KO for the title at Slam.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:30 pm
New Server, Same X

Goldberg? Yes!
Kurt Angle? YES!
The Hardy Boyz? HELL YES!
The Brian Kendrick? Why not!
Mickie James? Sure!
Maria? OK!
The Great Khali? Uh, okay, maybe you don't need to bring everyone back.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:54 pm
The Kramer

Battleground was baddd and I have no idea where Smackdown is going right now. For the first time since the brand split, Raw gets to be the "good show".

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:25 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't even know what they're doing wrong necessarily. I don't mind Jinder Mahal being champion because it's something different. They have some of the best competitors (Shinsuke, Owens, Styles). But I find myself less interested with Smackdown.

And every passing week proves my point that the women should be on one show and tag teams on another show. The tag division is just diverse enough on both brands to sustain right now, but both divisions should be combined. I don't think there's enough of either division to split between both shows. Either hire more women and put together new teams or combine them.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 pm
100% That Bitch

Or call Asuka up to Smackdown already.

No one will be ready for her anyway.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 am
The Kramer

Mau wrote:

Asuka is gonna go to Raw I think. The image of Sash crumbling after one of her kicks is the money shot. But after she beats everyone in a month, what then?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:22 pm
100% That Bitch

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Mau wrote:

Asuka is gonna go to Raw I think. The image of Sash crumbling after one of her kicks is the money shot. But after she beats everyone in a month, what then?

IDK, She needs to remain undefeated all the way to WM, IMO.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:26 pm
New Server, Same X

Was there anything more misguided than having Big Cass and Big Show end RAW? And so close to Summerslam too.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Great victory for Nakamura, despite that ugly suplex on Cena. Not sure who is at fault there, but I feel like it was so in the moment, both could be at fault.

That aside, I'm excited that he has this major opportunity, because he needed it. It's kind of obvious the Jinder train is stopping at Summerslam, where Nakamura will win and Baron Corbin will cash in soon after. But still good to keep Shinsuke in a solid position on the roster.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:44 am
100% That Bitch

Corbin cashing in nakamura is gonna be great SS moment

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:36 pm
The Kramer

Is it? I like Corbin but he's far from main event worthy at the moment and it would be the same as Jinder's run without the inherent comedy of Jinder being world champion. And is Corbin gonna get Cena at Slam too? Ultra meh.

I'd just have Nak take the title and feud with KO, Rusev, Jinder, etc... Until AJ wins the rumble and faces him at Mania. :-D

Oh wait nevermind, Roman has to win the rumble this year and get his Wrestlemania moment. Finally!

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm
New Server, Same X

I feel like Nakamura keeping the title will be too soon. He needs a few more months. Maybe a Wrestlemania moment. Except Vince wants his power players in the championship matches. But I just don't see them keeping him champion. And having Jinder beat Nakamura would completely kill his momentum.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

Some thoughts around early July

- Surprised at how much I enjoyed Orton Jinder match at MITB and the overall feud. The storyline with the rematch being in hometown with his father and other legends ringside really made it better (and possibly motivated Orton to have a good match?). I also refreshingly am uncertain who the SS champion or challenger will be. Probably Orton, but could it actually be Jinder, it's not like WWE title match is the main event. Or is he a great candidate to have a title change on random Smackdown to Rusev or something? Then there's Corbin but after Ambrose quick cash in last year I'll be disappointed if they don't let the MITB holder do promos with it for months this time. He needs a few more moves in the ring to make this stick, but kudos to WWE for taking the chance on Jinder who's body/charisma/promo/entrance combo looks pretty legit right now

- The women's MITB match ending like it did originally was annoying, but second match resolution made it all worth it. What good planning it was to do the Welcoming Committee storyline to put all 6 divas in the spotlight to set up that MITB match. Raw OTOH is struggling more to make anyone but the champion, #1 contender and Nia matter. Emma and Dana are jobbers, but Mickie and Foxy (I didn't dare tread into spoiler waters to know if her neck injury was real) are capable. Somehow a 30 minute Nia match to end a Raw actually worked though.

- I thought I couldn't be more attracted to Lana, then I saw her MITB outfit

- The Cass heel turn was one of best in a while, I was spoiled beforehand that the attacks were staged (though I assume it was easy to see coming anyways) but the fake-out the week after is what got me. After not attacking him in the ring and making it all the way up the ramp, I thought for a moment the apology might be real

- I would have never expected Elias Samson to go from being booed off the stage in NXT (I did love his loser leaves town match there with pot belly Kassius Ohno though) to having a foothold on main roster, I'm even wondering if this gimmick could be his Deacon Batista. I guess this is why they bring these midcarders like Tyler Breeze and Vaudevillains up cause you never know and worst case scenario you get a jobber with a character. Speaking of NXT call-ups poor Tye Dillinger

- Highly enjoying the main tag feuds (Usos-New Day and Hardys-Sheamus and Cesaro) on both sides, a sure thing to have a great match every time

- While I am pro Smackdown, Great Balls of Fire card looks great. Excited for the Joe-Lesnar and Reigns-Braun main events, Hardys Sheamus-Cesaro, Alexa Sasha, Neville Tozowa, etc.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:35 pm
100% That Bitch

Rip #allredeverything.

Her over the top entrance was probably my fave thing on smackdown in forever

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:35 pm
The Kramer

Ric Flair has been put in a medically induced coma. :( I know wrestlers from that era have been dying left and right, but I thought the Nature Boy would be exempt. There's still too much stylin and profilin left to do.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:25 pm
New Server, Same X

There goes my Baron Corbin theory for Summerslam. Now I'm at a loss. Do they pull the trigger on a Nakamura victory this soon, or have him lose in any way to Jinder Mahal? Losing, even by DQ, will kill his run right now. But it's too soon for a title run. He needed a few more solid feuds.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 pm
The Kramer

Best money in the bank cash in ever!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:04 pm
100% That Bitch

AND STILL NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPION..... ASUKA

Nobody ready for Asuka. The fucking kicked out of the eclipse.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:40 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Summerslam started off pretty weak, but became quite good as the night progressed even with the poor Mahal/Nakamura match. Even Nakamura couldn't carry Mahal to a decent match...

Corbin being buried so quickly in a single week is unfortunate. A failed cash in is one thing, but losing so soundly to Cena a week later is another. Clearly he got on someone's wrong side backstage.

Rollins/Ambrose vs. Cesaro/Sheamus and the Fatal 4-Way were excellent.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 235  Next