Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Bye WoKJ! 
Hold the door!

Post Re: Bye WoKJ!
Algren wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Chippy just got promoted to a Mod and he is leaving? Why?

He has not left, and he will not leave. He'll be back posting very shortly. He is still fulfilling his moderator responsibilities, but without his trolling schtick ... we should be very pleased. It is the perfect outcome. :thumbsup:

+1

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Chippy was fun most times as well but recently his posts have been more than just emoji's and one word so it wasn't always trolling.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:50 pm
Forum General

Never really thought of Chippy as a troll...

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 am
New Server, Same X

I see I missed some turmoil.

I've pushed for Libs to return in the past, but honestly, I hope she stays away. This place is poison. If a place is causing you that much misery, why subject yourself to it? I wish I could keep away, but my desire to not shake my head constantly is overshadowed by my desire to give my anonymous opinions in an online forum, and I'm too old to go looking for a new community. It's sad but true.

I fall somewhere in the middle. There's a difference between having healthy conversations and debates with people and just being bull-headed. Before anyone thinks I'm singling anyone out, that goes for a lot of people, not just certain ones. I'm probably guilty of it too, but only because in order to have your voice heard, you have to do the same, or just shut up. Too often lately, I've preferred the latter. No one should have to feel like that.

And of course some just thrive on saying shit to get under people's skin. Not adding anything to 98% of threads. Being a prick for no reason except to just be a prick. They live off the reaction they get, or the reaction they think they get, then play the victim as though their intentions all along were innocent. It's easier to piss people off than it is to add meaningful points to a conversation.

Those are just my random thoughts. This place is death. It won't get better. I want it to, I really do. I'll be here till the bitter end, in some form, against my better judgment. Good on Libs and others for staying away. I'm sure it's worth it.

Oh, and fuck you all.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:46 pm
Hold the door!

Mister Ecks wrote:

I've pushed for Libs to return in the past, but honestly, I hope she stays away. This place is poison. If a place is causing you that much misery, why subject yourself to it? I wish I could keep away, but my desire to not shake my head constantly is overshadowed by my desire to give my anonymous opinions in an online forum, and I'm too old to go looking for a new community. It's sad but true.

I fall somewhere in the middle. There's a difference between having healthy conversations and debates with people and just being bull-headed. Before anyone thinks I'm singling anyone out, that goes for a lot of people, not just certain ones. I'm probably guilty of it too, but only because in order to have your voice heard, you have to do the same, or just shut up. Too often lately, I've preferred the latter. No one should have to feel like that.

And of course some just thrive on saying shit to get under people's skin. Not adding anything to 98% of threads. Being a prick for no reason except to just be a prick. They live off the reaction they get, or the reaction they think they get, then play the victim as though their intentions all along were innocent. It's easier to piss people off than it is to add meaningful points to a conversation.

Those are just my random thoughts. This place is death. It won't get better. I want it to, I really do. I'll be here till the bitter end, in some form, against my better judgment. Good on Libs and others for staying away. I'm sure it's worth it.

Oh, and fuck you all.

Love you too!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 pm
Forum General

Mister Ecks wrote:

Oh, and fuck you all.

:thumbsup:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:01 am
Pure Phase

Chippy's signature is annoying.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:24 am
On autopilot for the summer

It is rather sad, that we probably could have turned KJ into something more successful than Collider or Screen Junkies if anyone actually cared.

But alas we all hate/ love each other, with the emphasis on hate and no initiative. What do people recommend?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 pm
Superfreak

Thegun wrote:
It is rather sad, that we probably could have turned KJ into something more successful than Collider or Screen Junkies if anyone actually cared.

But alas we all hate/ love each other, with the emphasis on hate and no initiative. What do people recommend?

You're bloody right. Lecter even messaged me a few weeks ago saying they're never going to try and grow this place. Which I find bizarre.

Recommend....outreach to lost members, strict warnings to others about behavior and action if they ignore warning, redesign of sign, generation of marketing material to promote, and....find a digital seller to build an audience.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 pm
Hold the door!

It's been so peaceful without Chippy posting.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:38 pm
now we know

It has been a less venomous forum without Chippy posting.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Excel wrote:
Lecter even messaged me a few weeks ago saying they're never going to try and grow this place.

Both Lecter and Libs had a decidedly pernicious streak to their personalities. I have found KJ to be a much more upbeat forum since their departure. Lecter also rarely contributed reviews to the site, so no big loss there. However, one thing I do miss is Libs' reviews. Although our opinions only coincided about 2/3's of the time, Libs did write reviews for almost every mainstream movie. If one thing is ultimately going to kill KJ, it's the lack of participants here that take the time to post reviews. A lack of critical mass, as it were.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:26 am
Devil's Advocate

The forum is just not a good fit for Libs, 10 years ago at least we had a few other females plus posters pretending to be females, and many more KGay members. She has never responded well to weird hetero men and that's 99% of the forum now

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 pm
now we know

Thing with Libs is she had a double-standard. Everyone had to accept her but she did not accept anyone else unless they were gay or black or some other minority. She relished giving white hetero males a hard time, and she couldn't handle the backlash. When opposed she pulled the victim card. This is the modern way for liberals that find it hard getting people to agree with them. Throw a hissy fit and report them to admin because they cannot take it. If she ever came back, I hope she would be more accepting of others that do not follow her liberal code.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Algren wrote:
I hope she would be more accepting of others that do not follow her libseral code

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 pm
The Original

David wrote:
This-- http://63.141.253.158/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82946 --will seem far worse to new eyes than Algren wondering why Libs posts the television ratings every day. Ban FILMO, right?

Uhmmm.....That is FILMO standard since 2004!

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 pm
now we know

So not only have we lost Libs and Dr. Lecter, Jack Sparrow stopped posting as well. Magnus, Riggs, Mister Ecks, Jmart, and Thegun have also seriously reduced their posting this year. Those are some big hitters for a forum to lose.

While the KJ faithful are still here (me, David, stuffp, MadGez, Price, tree and a half, zwackerm, i.hope, Magic Mike, publicenemy#1), it is harder to keep the forum active without these other personalities to converse with.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

The only reason Chippy isn't posting is he wants to make it look like Algren drove him from the site in an attempt to get him banned.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:25 pm
now we know

That's right. But also, he still posts.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Oye!! I just stopped a few weeks back. I am here, just don't have enough time to post for a few more weeks until I hire someone under me to relieve some work load that keeps piling up in this new job.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Oye!! I just stopped a few weeks back. I am here, just don't have enough time to post for a few more weeks until I hire someone under me to relieve some work load that keeps piling up in this new job.

:thumbsup:

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5