Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 "Iron Fist" (Netflix) 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post "Iron Fist" (Netflix)

The latest Marvel TV slog/ waste of space until "Jessica Jones" season 2 premieres today on Netflix ;)

Anyone watching? Critics hated it. I'm giving the pilot a shot right now.

Last edited by thompsoncory on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 am
Profile YIM
The Wall

Post Re: "Iron Fist" (Netflix)
thompsoncory wrote:
The latest Marvel TV slog/ waste of space until another Marvel TV slog/ waste of space season 2 premieres today on Netflix ;)

Fixed!

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

How much of Luke Cage and Iron Fist's MC difference will be for reasons that have nothing to do with the shows? Combination of can't shit on the black show plus can't not shit on the whitewash one

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:39 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm on episode 7 now. This show kind of sucks and Finn Jones is absolutely horrible but it is moving at a faster pace than the sluggish "Luke Cage." I like Jessica Henwick and Jessica Stroup. Finn is just a black hole of charisma. So miscast. And Danny Rand is not a likable character.

"Jessica Jones" and "Daredevil" are just so vastly superior to the latest two.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 pm
Profile YIM
Romosexual!

Took its damn time to show us his power. Now hoping episode 3 and onward are better than the first 2 episodes

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:52 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

The back half of the season is better than the start. It's still not great but overall it was OK. I just finished. Its biggest flaw is Finn Jones's performance and the fact that there's no real momentum or Big Bad to keep things going.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:42 pm
Profile YIM
Romosexual!

Rev wrote:
Took its damn time to show us his power. Now hoping episode 3 and onward are better than the first 2 episodes

Now 7 episodes in and it's boring me. I doubt the rest will get better.
Hope season 2 is 100x's better

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

It does get better. I at least thought this was better than "Luke Cage," though that one had better acting.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:36 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Just finished it and overall all I can say is that I thought it was ok. It started off really slow, but did get better towards the middle. The guy playing Danny Rand was pretty bland though and it's never a good thing where the supporting characters end up being a lot more interesting than your lead. I hope he's better in The Defenders, because this is easily the weakest Netflix show so far.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:10 am
Indiana Jones IV

I'm four episodes in and I like it so far. Unlike others here I've actually found Jones' Danny Rand to be very likeable, especially during the moments where he's basically an excited, blue-eyed Labrador puppy. Of course that could very well change now that he's moving away from that. Still, the pacing is better than the other Marvel shows so far, and while the story still feels a bit incohesive at times, I am interested in seeing where it goes next, and enjoy most of the cast. I'm definitely failing to see a show that's got a 16% on RT when DD, JJ and LC are at 87%, 93% and 96% respectively, but looking at its positive audience score there and its IMDB rating I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:36 am
Forum General

I'll admit while the show did start off choppy for me I was definitely liking the Danny Rand character more in the beginning, but then he changes halfway through and becomes yet another boring, tortured guy with super powers. I just kind of lost interest in his character to be honest.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

the lesser evil wrote:
I'm four episodes in and I like it so far. Unlike others here I've actually found Jones' Danny Rand to be very likeable, especially during the moments where he's basically an excited, blue-eyed Labrador puppy. Of course that could very well change now that he's moving away from that. Still, the pacing is better than the other Marvel shows so far, and while the story still feels a bit incohesive at times, I am interested in seeing where it goes next, and enjoy most of the cast. I'm definitely failing to see a show that's got a 16% on RT when DD, JJ and LC are at 87%, 93% and 96% respectively, but looking at its positive audience score there and its IMDB rating I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Critics obviously are maintaining a certain narrative. I'm sure IF does not deserve the lowly 16% and that Cage does not deserve 96% (at least not from what I'm hearing from just about everyone that has seen it).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I enjoyed the show. Yes its no Daredevil or even Jessica Jones but it moves along quicker and the supporting cast is quite good. Jessica Henwick is particularly good here and probably would make for a better Iron Fist.

I'll give Luke Cage a go, but the comments on this board certainly make me hesitate.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]