Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Predict now - who will be our 2016 president? 

Who will be elected president?
Poll ended at Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:37 am
Hillary Clinton 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Donald Trump 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Bernie Sanders 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Ted Cruz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Marco Rubio 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ben Carson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Predict now - who will be our 2016 president? 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Predict now - who will be our 2016 president?
Bush should get out. He's really going nowhere and only stealing votes from an established character. I was listening to Kasich this afternoon and I think I'm liking him a bit more. I like how he handled that one questioner in some town hall. I don't think any other candidate would have comforted that young man like he did. He told Hannity he plans to stay throughout March 1 and beyond. We'll see what happens.

I listened to Trump yesterday and he made a major mistake for me last night and I only know about it because Rush caught it. He played a clip where Anderson Cooper had asked him about if there was no mandate for people to have insurance what would he have in it's place. Well, Trump immediately said I like the mandate and then went on his spiel. Oh my goodness. Those are not words I want to here. I think if the other candidates were smart they would jump on that comment. I still want real change and not this fake nonsense but I'm teetering right now if that mandate comment isn't addressed.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:41 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

lolwut

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:47 pm
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:
lolwut

Tell me are you voting for Bernie or Hillary. That's all that matters. Aren't you in one of those battleground states?

#MAGA #KAG!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:57 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Does Arizona hold primaries? If so, Bernie. If not, I'll vote either of the two in the general election.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:46 am
Superfreak

Bernie's campaign is done. Trump will lose to Hillary, but hopefully the part of his message about the evils of Super Pacs and lobbyists and all that sticks.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:26 pm
Forum General

So Hillary wins Nevada by about 5% over Sanders. Still a fight in this race, but Sanders is going to have to win a few soon to get some momentum. This was a nice shot in the arm for Clinton heading to South Carolina where she's heavily favored.

Trump wins South Carolina by about 10% and Bush just dropped out. Rubio and Cruz are really close to each other in 2nd/3rd. How long before Kasich and Carson drop out? Sooner the better if Reps don't want Trump as the nom. Looks like it will be a three person race for a while though.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

It's basically over.

Trump will win Nevada next week and dominate the SEC primary the following week, and it'll be all done.

Hillary will dominate South Carolina next week and dominate the super Tuesday the following week, and it'll be all done.

It is Hillary vs. Trump, with Hillary almost CERTAIN to win.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:36 am
Extraordinary

Why are you so certain the lying hag is going to win? The primaries so far have shown record turnout for the Pubs and flat or decreased turnout for Dems. I wouldn't be surprised at the young Bernie demo not bothering to vote. I think even establishment pub voters disdain for Trump will hold their noses and vote for Trump if it stops Billary and leads to a Repub even in name only into the WH.

#MAGA #KAG!

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:15 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Trump is very likely to win big on Super Tuesday, and potentially lock up the nomination soon after. Cruz and Rubio will continue to hurt each other as they fight over who can take on Trump, and it'll be for naught. However, if Trump doesn't win big on Super Tuesday and Cruz and Rubio somehow remain viable candidates with a win or two each and reasonable second/third place finishes elsewhere... we could see a brokered convention.

I think the Democratic nomination has little chance of ending anytime soon. On Super Tuesday...

Clinton should win in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.
Sanders should win in Minnesota and Vermont.

That would leave Colorado, Massachusetts, and Virginia.

>Colorado, I think, is a toss-up. The fact that it's a closed caucus should given Clinton the edge, but this one feels like a Sanders win waiting to happen. I'm expecting a 1-2% spread here.

>Massachusetts is probably going for Clinton since it has a solid amount of non-white voters. I expect it'll be a close contest, however, since it's an open primary (independents will rally around Sanders)) and I'm sure the winner will win by a spread comfortably under 10%.

>Virginia is difficult to project. 20% of the population is black (35% non-white), so that'll help Clinton significantly, but once again, it's an open primary. And recent polls only have Clinton up by barely over 10%, a gap that Sanders can most certainly close if he spends enough time here (his dwindling cash on hand might prevent this, however).

So if Sanders adds Colorado in his column, and potentially Massachusetts or Virginia, then this race will certainly be going until at least March 15th (which should then give Clinton the nomination).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:29 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Yeah I'm reading some people who sound smart saying Trump is nearly in the bag. Interested to see what happens with Kasich. I guess they could convince him to fall on his sword now, especially since he's a good vice president candidate if Rubio won. But OTOH, he could stay in for a while with a chance to take a winner take all Ohio in mid March. And some of the other March primaries he could carve out his moderate lane and get some solid showings like he did in New Hampshire. People are talking about Rubio getting Bush votes, but I think Kasich is a good cipher for Bush also. Bush was a moderate-ish, establishment governor and their demeanours are both the unsexy but safe type. I'm not sure which states Rubio can win while Kasich is in the race. He really needs it to be a 3 man race

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:37 am
Superfreak

There is no more fight. If anything was capable of dethroning Hillary or Trump, it would have happened already through one of their many infamous controversies. It's all over. It will be Hillary versus Trump and she will take pretty much every swing state.

Much more interesting now is a discussion regarding VP picks. Trump will probably pick one of his children. :funny:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I give the Republicans a 5% chance of winning the Presidency if Trump is the nom.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:33 am
Forum General

If Trump somehow won, the country would be in for a very long 4 years.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

How did you guys feel about George W.'s chances in the spring of 2000? Were people like "haha, can't believe they nominated this idiot, he will get killed by Gore"

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:48 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

No.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:56 pm
Forum General

As someone who was finishing up their wildlife and biology degrees in 2000/2001, that election will forever haunt me. I needed Gore to win. That was also the last time our country had a yearly budget surplus. I cannot fathom how W won the second time, and our country paid for it, as it will have to do if its stupid and Trump gets in.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Shack wrote:
How did you guys feel about George W.'s chances in the spring of 2000? Were people like "haha, can't believe they nominated this idiot, he will get killed by Gore"

Bush was the Governor of Texas and came from a very prominent political family. I think most people saw him as having a good chance of winning at the time. He didn't really come off as an idiot until later. Trump is a blowhard who has pissed off so many people I don't know how he can win. Most political insiders think the GOP will need 35% of the Hispanic vote to win, and I don't see Trump getting more than 20%.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Ya know Hispanics aren't happy about illegal immigration too. I don't know what kind of mind control liberals seem to think they have on that demographic but I think even they can see the govt needs new real leadership and not some lying old power hungry Clinton in office. Any reasonable Hispanic should be able to discern who Trump was speaking of unless they are amnesty loving leftists.

#MAGA #KAG!

Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:29 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

lol, man my perception of you has done a complete 180 in the last few weeks since you've revealed your extreme conservatism.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:35 am
Devil's Advocate

In the latest polls Trump has a huge lead in most states... sigh

Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:39 pm
Extraordinary

nghtvsn wrote:
Ya know Hispanics aren't happy about illegal immigration too. I don't know what kind of mind control liberals seem to think they have on that demographic but I think even they can see the govt needs new real leadership and not some lying old power hungry Clinton in office. Any reasonable Hispanic should be able to discern who Trump was speaking of unless they are amnesty loving leftists.

To Hispanics, it seems racist, also many of them still have family in Mexico who they hope can come here one day. Trump will do badly with the Hispanic vote and that is pretty much a fact.

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Looking for a real answer here please. So I haven't been following the candidates too much yet on policy and debates and such. Why is Clinton so much more popular with black voters than Sanders? She handily beat him in that demo in Nevada, and today she destroyed him in S.C. In the exit polls, 61% were black, and 86% of that 61% voted for her. Why is that?

Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The Clintons have a history with black voters that go back decades. Black voters trust her. In 2008, she was winning the Black vote first until Obama won Iowa. Bernie just can't make a connection with them and that is another reason he can't win. Today was a huge defeat for him. To lose by 50% is pretty embarrassing and I think it will mostly be over by the end of March. The Southern states will all carry for Hillary, and maybe in similar %. She also will carry states in the Midwest with a significant African-American numbers like Michigan and Illinois.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Clintons have always been popular in the African American community, and in the south in general. Bill had the ability to connect with blacks in a way that no other President had done before, and Hillary benefits from this association and her own relationships in the community.

Secondly, Hillary has wrapped herself in Obama, with the promise of continuing/improving upon his policies. And needless to say, Obama is incredibly popular among African Americans (90% approval rating). Just look how many voters in S.C. want to continue Obama's policies in the exit polls.

And lastly, Hillary has talked a lot about racial inequality, rather than class inequality that Sanders almost exclusively focuses his time on.

The fact that she won S.C. by nearly 50 points, and actually running ahead of Obama with the black vote in 2008, is still astounding/shocking. If she wins the nomination, she should be able to contend in the south in November in the same way Obama did (if not even stronger, depending on the GOP nominee).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Well maybe in certain states, I think she has a great chance in Virginia, and could win NC if there are Republicans who stay home because of Trump. I don't see SC or Georgia going blue anytime soon.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next