Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Post Re: Last game you played?
El Murato wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
Sims 3 - Forgot how addictive the Sims can be. It's definitely a game that works on the PC better (like most strategy games), but the gap is getting closer. It really hasn't changed much since Sims 1, and the console feels limited (no mods), but it still can be fun and addictive. B+

Strategy and virtual life games always works better with the pc because of the mods and customized content like you said. I would even say vs the console, its usually 1 or 2 grades higher too.

Sims 3 does allow you to create and share all sorts of items. The PC still does better, but that gap is getting a little smaller.

The one big sticky thing is the precision clicking on items. With the PC, you can click and instantly get what you want. With the console, you click on your character and then a menu pops up where you have to clarify what you were trying to click on... the character, the fridge, the TV two rooms away, etc...

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 pm
problem?

bryanbmp wrote:
Donkey Kong Country Returns

A+

I need to get this. Luv tha DKC games. Epic.
The first Donkey Kong Country was the first game I ever beat all by myself without my older brother's help. Before that he always made me play Luigi in Mario, or in Chip 'n Dale he would just pick me up and throw me off cliffs to kill me.

Prolly why I think Mario himself sux but Luigi is a pimp

Durnt remember the last time I actually played a videogame. I hurrdd they're thinking of calling in question my veteran membership to the Gamer Clique.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I may pick it up today.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

The last week or so I have been addicted to playing "Game Dev Story" on my Android. I just can't put it down, never really wanted to play a phone game for extended periods of time.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:53 pm
Indiana Jones IV

El Murato wrote:
DC Universe Online (PS3)

I havent played a MMO in over 7 years so it was quite refreshing to play one that isnt about grinding levels by killing the same things over. Its more of an action rpg and the world is breath taking. Then after I hit the level cap, there isnt much to do with the game so I cant see myself paying for another month especially when its quite hard to set up a group. Maybe the game would be more enjoyable to the DC fanatics
pre-level 30 A-
Post level 30 C-

That was the second-to-last one I played, though I played it on the PC. I like the DC Comics characters, and it was a ton of fun running into so many of them, but overall my experience was similar to yours (as are my grades). Had a blast leveling a character, the characters feel super and Metropolis and Gotham are incredibly big and detailed, but after I hit level 30 my interest immediately waned. I didn't think I'd be playing it beyond the free month when I got it, and now I know I won't. Still, I think I got my value out of the game after about 50-60 hours of playtime.

The last game I played (and that I'm still playing) is Civilization V for the PC. At first I had to adjust to a bunch of changes compared to Civilization IV, and was a bit disappointed in it. When I finally figured things out again, though, it went back to being a blast. You know something's got you hooked when you're up way too late just because you need to show those damn Mongolians who's boss after they denounced you. Stay the F out of Europe and Northern Africa, assholes.

Grade: A-

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:11 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Actually fired up the Wii for the first time in years for the new Donkey Kong Country Returns. As a big fan of the SNES DK's, I had to give this a whirl. Thought it was decent and mildly fun in a nostalgic way.

With that being said, I have to complain a lot... gaming on the Wii really feels like a whole other world, and not in a good way. Feels more like I broke out a system from a generation or two ago and played a game. Adding to that feeling, DK is alright, but I was amazed at how little it really is fundamentally from the SNES games. It's almost like they just polished up the SNES version and added a few design differences (some slightly 3-D'ish aspects, minor Wii-mote controls, and a few artsy levels).

The bottom line was I could have gotten nearly the exact same effect if I broke out my SNES and played the original. I probably would have liked that better, as the few Wii-Mote specific controls were not intuitive (especially the roll attack).

Grade: C+

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:34 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

Bulletstorm.

Too early to tell, but about 2 hours in and I am really liking this game. It is sort of Gears of War meets Duke Nukem in first person mode.

Good:
- Sometimes it is genuinely funny.
- Fun finding the unique ways to kill opponents to rack up xp. For example, shooting them in the balls and in the head is a unique kill.
- Good variety of combat. Vehicles, corridor, wide-open, plus lots of stuff to grab onto.
- RPG style system for upgrading your guns and other abilities.

Slight Gripe:
- The guys are typical roided-up dumbasses, although they are smaller than Dom and Marcus. One of the guys looks a lot like Wolverine and also seems to be voiced by Wolverine's voiceover artist.

I haven't found anything I dislike so far and I have not yet played multiplayer. Perhaps the only bad thing is that it is supposed to be short. However, I would rather play 8 hours of really fun than 20 hours of mediocre or repetitive.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Mafia II - Finally got around to playing this one. It's better than I thought, but not amazing. Feels GTA-Mafia-Lite. My one big complaint is that there just isn't much of anything to do in the free roam. There are apparently no sidequests, very few buildings to enter, and just not a lot interesting going on in the world (the cars and AI peeps are rather boring). But, the story is well done, I like the changing seasons/times, and the core gameplay is good.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

NBA Jam - Mixed feelings about this one. Fun in a nostalgic way, but really shallow. Feels more like an arcade game - an HD remake of the original - than it does a full fledged game. Achievements are too grinding. You'd have to play well over 200 games to get some of the big ones, which feels more like a chore and sucks some of the fun out of it.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:14 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Game Party in Motion (Kinect) - A semi-easy 700+ points, but like 95% of the Kinect games, it's horrendous.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:30 pm
The Original

Metro 2033

7.5/10

Good graphics cool gameplay but the story could have been better.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Megamind - 1000 points in about 2 1/2 hours? Game of the century candidate.

Finally getting around to game add ons that have been sitting there for weeks (or months):

L4D2: The Passing - Incredibly disappointing. Thought the original cast would be featured more than a few brief cameos. Everytime I play any of the L4D games, I feel like I should enjoy it more than I do. I think there is something about the graphics puts me off, and things just feel too fast and too "in your face" to build any real atmosphere.

Dead Space: Severed - An easy 200 points, but barely lasts an hour and recycles old environments. Add in a generic character with a ho-hum tired feeling plot with a predictable end, and it just wasn't worthwhile. If it weren't for the achievements, I'd have REALLY disappointed instead of just being plain old disappointed.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:41 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Test Drive Unlimted 2 - Really loved the first one. Am early on in #2, but slightly disappointed so far. Not much of an upgrade from #1, and just no feeling it.

You Don't Know Jack - I used to play the PC games, and this brought back good memories. Fun, funny, and entertaining.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:22 pm
Extraordinary

Just got Fable 3 for the PC. Enjoying it so far (especially John Cleese as the butler) but had to turn down a lot of the graphics to get it to run -- and I thought I had a pretty good computer.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:32 am
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Groucho wrote:
Just got Fable 3 for the PC. Enjoying it so far (especially John Cleese as the butler) but had to turn down a lot of the graphics to get it to run -- and I thought I had a pretty good computer.

I kinda like the game but really hated the property management system. Maybe there has been a patch since I played, but it was very annoying having to update every single property that the hero owned every hour or so of game time.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:36 am
Profile WWW
The Original

Risen (PC)

I guess you have to like Gothic 1 and 2 to really like that game. I did and I like Risen. For those not knowing Gothic 1 and 2 it might be a bit slow.

Risen 8/10

Sat May 21, 2011 5:56 am
Extraordinary

Caius wrote:
Groucho wrote:

I kinda like the game but really hated the property management system. Maybe there has been a patch since I played, but it was very annoying having to update every single property that the hero owned every hour or so of game time.

Haven't gotten that deep into it yet. Maybe I won't buy property then... not sure that's the main reason I wanted to try the game anyway.

So far it's been OK. I love roleplaying games (like the Elder Scrolls and the first Dragon Age and Fallout) but this seems more like a console game, especially when I see huge keys floating in the air for me to grab. I prefer games a bit more realistic. The other thing that bugs me is that I don't seem to have a tremendous amount of say in the plotline or the direction I take, but that may also be because I'm not that far into it yet.

Mon May 23, 2011 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I would have thought Groucho as a WoW player.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

After 7-ish years and 3 different versions of the game (PC, Xbox, and Xbox 360), I finally made it through Half Life 2. I can't think of another game that took me that much work and time to make it through it. I had a break in between real games, so I slapped in my half completed 360 version, put on invincible mode and decided I was finally going to make it to the end just so I can say I made it through what stupid people think is one of the greatest games of the last decade. I made it.

It's easily is the top 5 of my "most overrated" games list.

Fri May 27, 2011 5:29 pm
Gamaur's sex slave

TonyMontana wrote:
put on invincible mode .

This forum is for real gamers, not pussies.
:disgust:

Sat May 28, 2011 6:45 pm
Extraordinary

nghtvsn wrote:
I would have thought Groucho as a WoW player.

I so far have resisted playing the online games for fear that I'd get sucked into playing with other people and then stay online forever and then never get any work done. :thumbsup:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Price wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
put on invincible mode .

This forum is for real gamers, not pussies.
:disgust:

I was playing real hardcore games before you were pooping in your diapers.

But, seriously, when you get my age and you only have a few years left you don't want to waste your time playing shitty games. A game has to earn my time and effort.

Speaking of hardcore cool games... Onto the last game I played: Brunswick Pro Bowling (Kinect). Simply god awful. Outside of 1 1/2 games, the Kinect lineup is horrific. Starting to regret the purchase.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:18 pm
The Wall

Played all these on my laptop...

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut
Gosh I love this game. This was the first time I play Director's Cut and I think that they did a great job of adding a whole new plot that actually supports the story as it already was. Still a great adventure after all these years and I'll definitely go through it again some time later...

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror Remastered
It was never as good as the first game, but it was still one of the best p'n'c adventures you could possibly play and it holds up today just as well.

Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon
While the turn to 3D wasn't as horrible as I feared, the controls are a bit annoying in this one. They're not really smooth at all and sometimes are a cause for unnecessary frustration. But the thing that I missed the most is the visual aspect of the game. This one never manages to bring the same atmosphere as the first two games did. But as the game progresses it picks up considerably. Bringing back a lot of familiar characters helps too.

I also started playing Broken Sword IV: An Angel of Death. I thought that the return to p'n'c would help it, but it just doesn't work that well in 3D environment. Also the game isn't really as fluent on my machine as it should be. Don't really know why. I went through the first few screens and I haven't come back in two days now. I finished the first three in three days (though I and II are a piece of cake as I know everything I'm supposed to do, III is easy enough though I did hit a few bumps, but nothing big)...

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:31 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Bought Prince of Persia Trilogy and inFAMOUS 2. Sands of Time was great and Warrior Within is shaping up just as well. inFAMOUS 2 is a blast.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Child Eden - Way overrated. Feels like a XBLA style game, or something from a few generations ago. On the plus, it does seem to be a decent use of Kinect and works well with that control.

Homefront - I like the unique-ish premise of fighting in a future occupied USA, but the execution is off. It just feels like a second rate shooter - a CoD wannabe, and I really don't think they made good use of the fact it's based in America. Seemed to miss a lot of opportunities.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 91  Next