Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Survivor - Season 15: China 
Devil's Advocate

Post Survivor - Season 15: China
Starts tonight! Saw the ad in the newspaper, I didn't know it was coming up so quickly.

I know some have lost interest, but I still watch the show. Not to mention the last two years have been among the best, with maybe two of the most deserving reality show winners.

The most high profile castaway is Ashley Massaro, WWE diva... which also brought a lol smile to my face when I heard it. Also there's a professional poker player, a christian radio talk show host, and a grave digger, among others.

Mark Burnett also sounded pretty excited about this season, though he probably gives that reaction to every one.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:53 pm
Sbil

Post Re: Survivor - Season 15: China
Yayyy

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:49 pm
Sbil

Oh, from my quick "research" on the CBS website, there are players this season named "Chicken" and "Frosti."

No, really. I mean, last season was definitely the "Season of Impossibly Stupid Names," with Boo, Mookie, and the immortal "Dreamz" in the mix. But...Chicken? *Frosti*?

Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:01 pm
Team Kris

Libs wrote:
Oh, from my quick "research" on the CBS website, there are players this season named "Chicken" and "Frosti."

No, really. I mean, last season was definitely the "Season of Impossibly Stupid Names," with Boo, Mookie, and the immortal "Dreamz" in the mix. But...Chicken? *Frosti*?

Hah. I guess the one before last season comes close with "Cao Boi" and "Parvati Shallow."

Oh wait, the latter was real.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:05 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm no fan of the numerous nicknames (Evel excluded). Especially Chicken.

Anyway, I'm kinda excited about a new season. Last year had two solid seasons back-to-back, as far as I can remember.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:11 pm
problem?

Jean-Robert is two people in one. He's him and then he's his massive beer belly.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:57 pm
Sbil

Hmm. It's always hard to tell how the season's going to pan out from the premiere, but this was one was good, if a little predictable.

The tribe that lost obviously went with a fairly standard "old man" boot. I was mildly happy about it, because that "Chicken" person was getting on my nerves.

It's too early to tell who I will like and dislike. These people will emerge soon enough; they usually do. Actually, I'm pretty sure I like the shy gravedigger (James?) already. He seemed sweet.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:09 pm
I'm Batman

How hot does Ashley look?

Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:13 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chicken going actually kind of surprised me, I thought he was 3rd likely to go behind the two girls, but I guess not. He made for decent tv while he was gone, kind of disappointed to see him leave.

James is definitley looking the most appealing so far, they gave him a positive spin for sure. He'll be a big player.

I want more Jesuslady screentime, she disappeared after the funny temple scene. Also the Jean-Robert and Todd stuff was pretty awesome.

Bttf - Ashley looks pretty rough, nothing special. Seems like she's a real player though, she's there for the game. Maybe this is a false lead but I get the sense she's not going for a while, I saw her in a few global(canada station) commercials and such, she's the postergirl for the season.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 am
New Server, Same X

Finally got around to watching the premiere.

I think Chicken was the obvious to go. He was just a pain in the ass. He felt rejected at the start, and he had the "Fuck 'em!" mentality until the end. He took that joke a little too far. Plus he was irritating. He just didn't fit in.

Ashley didn't do so badly. I mean, if you're sick, you're sick. You can't really hide it. But I think she took it well. Some people would make a big production of it ("Ohhh myyy godddd, I'm sickkkk!"), but she just hobbled away to throw up, she rolled up for a while and got better and that was it. I hope she sticks around.

I liked James. It's nice to see someone quiet, who isn't portrayed as invisible. He got a bit of nice cameratime. Hope he does well.

Other than that, no one is standing out. I don't think Jean-Robert is going to last till the end. He has an odd Richard Hatch thing going, but it's not really working. He picked out the flight attendant right away and told him he's essentially lying and that he (Jean-Robert) knew it. Who does that? Someone begging to be voted off early, that's who.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:43 pm
The Wall

James is my favorite. Who thought gravediggers could be interesting? I hated Chicken and I'm glad he voted off. He was just a pain in the ass.

Ashley sure did recover pretty well. I thought her sickness would last for a few days at least. And that Phee Gee (or however you spell that name) - I hope she's next. She's so irritating. And I hope the rest of the tribe soon tells her that she neither has strength nor brain to be a leader.

And that Cristian woman has some identity crisis. First she steps out of the temple, because she feels like it's really a ceremony not a Buddhist welcome party. Then she tells that she's really not religious, but she has a relationship with Jesus. I thought that Christian radios employ only whackily religious persons.

And that waitress girl is interesting also. While I really don't like her per se, she really does some funny faces when she's surprised with how people around her act.

And I really, really, really hate that guy that was in charge of getting the key in the yellow tribe. Parkour didn't really helped you that much, did it jackass?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

It's going to be hard for me to really *like* any of the players. If the latest Big BRother season is any indication, the editing can really be out of context with the reality of certain contestants.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Cotton wrote:
It's going to be hard for me to really *like* any of the players. If the latest Big BRother season is any indication, the editing can really be out of context with the reality of certain contestants.

That's what I said (I think) in the BB thread a while ago. Big Brother is just scrutinized because we the viewers get to see mostly everything. Survivor edits 3 days into 42 minutes a week. It doesn't surprise me that BB, Survivor or any reality show edits certain people a certain way. Every show needs their heroes and their villains.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:46 pm
Sbil

Well, Ashley the Wrestler Girl turned out to be a bust (no pun intended), huh?

There's still no full-on "HATE!" people yet. There are people that annoy me a little bit, though. Like that fanatic Christian lady (Leslie?) and Dave (although I didn't understand Ashley's weird Derek Zoolander comparison).

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

Ashley was a bit too in your face and mouthy to last in the game... gotta stay calm and friendly, Survivor's totally a social game

She was right about one thing though, Dave is bye bye soon. I laughed at the Zoolander thing, to Libs I think them both being huge tools is where she got that from.

Jean-Robert also got lucky last night, if they lost the immunity I don't think his "plan" would've worked... maybe he knew that risk though. I hope him and Todd stay in for a while, both seem like huge huge strategizing, wheeling and dealing type of players. Should make it fun.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:17 pm
Begging Naked

Didn't know where else to post this, but I found it of interest:

http://blog.vh1.com/2007-10-03/danny-bo ... ivor-star/

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Positive* Jon wrote:

There's the video of the incident.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:35 pm
Sbil

Aw, poor Leslie. She seemed nice.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:35 pm
Superman: The Movie

Evel X wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

There's the video of the incident.

That's the greatest thing I've ever seen. :funny:

And now Fairplay is pressing charges? That's what you get for jumping into Danny Bonaduce's arms.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I would have preferred to see Jean Robert get voted off than Leslie. I am actually a little surprised Courtney didn't get voted off considering it was pretty much her fault for them losing their first immunity challenge.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:00 am
New Server, Same X

I just watched episode 2. I read that Ashley was going early, so that kinda sucked. Especially considering the tribe didn't seem to oppose her when it came to Dave. And I liked her Zoolander comment. He does have that look. Dave is way too much of a prick to last in this game. Unlike Big Brother where being a prick can work, you need to be calm with everyone (EVERYONE) in the tribe, or even a small conflict will kill everyone. I know Dave had little conflict with anyone besides Ashley, but the same goes for Ashley. I think it was stupid to vote her out over Dave. Unless they edited Dave to be way more of a prick that he actually was. But that doesn't really make sense, because they didn't really edit Ashley to be extra bitchy. She was completely right, and the edits seemed to agree.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:20 pm
The Wall

If Leslie found the Immunity Idol, she probably wouldn't have been voted off. I said probably because I don' know how the hidden Immunity Idol works this season. So the voting would change. Courtney would get the boot then. I hoped that they would vote off Jean Robert. He's just too much digusting.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

I am just catching up. Loving Survivor this season. I am soo rooting for Todd for many reasons. But the biggest being that he is one lucky son-of-a-bitch. So, no one knows that Leslie told him about the hidden immunity idol. And no one in his tribe but him knows any of the clues. And the "alliance" he owed to Dave is obviously null now that Dave is gone. So the little fucker has three (or four) clues now! (The girl on the yellow team only has one clue hehe)

So I hope he finds it and totally uses it to stay as long as possible. He's smart. Get rid of the big guys ASAP. Keep the girls. And he's the only one with an alliance that we know of.

Todd all the way!

ps - so is he not a flight attendant? I thought he was a gay Mormom or something.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:47 am
The Wall

Yeah. Todd is one lucky son of a b*tch. I'm rooting for James or Jaime. And I hope Jean Robert is the next one to go. He's just too annyoing.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

there have been 15 survivors!?!?

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next