Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:27 pm



Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th) 
Author Message
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 33091
Location: The Graveyard
Post Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Discuss the first season, the upcoming season, and all things Kimetsu anime related here.

In particular, I'm looking forward to the TV rating discussions.

For box-office news and discussion, Demon Slayer related or otherwise, go here: Japan Box Office

_________________
Japan Box Office
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - TV

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”


Wakanda Forever


Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Posts: 156
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Earlier on today, the rebroadcast for Season 1 was decided:
https://kimetsu.com/anime/yukakuhen/news/?id=58687
Tokyo MX, BS11, Animax, and AT-X will rebroadcast the whole season from October 1st. It looks like Fuji TV got the upper hand to broadcast everything ahead of other channels.


Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:04 pm
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
I will shortly upload all the broadcasting dates for the oversea. This season will also receive simultaneous release on Netflix.

Important Announcement:
Release Date for Mainland China has been decided. It will release on 6 December via Viu. (Mugen Train will also be released via VOD)
Release Date for Russia has been decided. Release will be via Wakanim TV on Russian subtitles.

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:28 pm
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
I will shortly upload all the broadcasting dates for the oversea. This season will also receive simultaneous release on Netflix.

Important Announcement:
Release Date for Mainland China has been decided. It will release on 6 December via Viu. (Mugen Train will also be released via VOD)
Release Date for Russia has been decided. Release will be via Wakanim TV on Russian subtitles.


These dates are for Entertainment District Arc.
Crunchyroll will release on 7:45 am PT (or 11:45 pm JST)

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:29 pm
Profile
Speed Racer

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Posts: 156
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
I will shortly upload all the broadcasting dates for the oversea. This season will also receive simultaneous release on Netflix.

Important Announcement:
Release Date for Mainland China has been decided. It will release on 6 December via Viu. (Mugen Train will also be released via VOD)
Release Date for Russia has been decided. Release will be via Wakanim TV on Russian subtitles.


These dates are for Entertainment District Arc.
Crunchyroll will release on 7:45 am PT (or 11:45 pm JST)


By any chance, do you have the full list of 90 countries and territories that will broadcast Season 2? It seems a lot for an anime. I don't know if it is true or they just boast about it.


Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:55 pm
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
MSFK wrote:
Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
I will shortly upload all the broadcasting dates for the oversea. This season will also receive simultaneous release on Netflix.

Important Announcement:
Release Date for Mainland China has been decided. It will release on 6 December via Viu. (Mugen Train will also be released via VOD)
Release Date for Russia has been decided. Release will be via Wakanim TV on Russian subtitles.


These dates are for Entertainment District Arc.
Crunchyroll will release on 7:45 am PT (or 11:45 pm JST)


By any chance, do you have the full list of 90 countries and territories that will broadcast Season 2? It seems a lot for an anime. I don't know if it is true or they just boast about it.

I will update you about the all 90 countries that will release Demon Slayer Season 2 starting from October 10. Please have patience until morning because I am working on an update. :thumbsup:

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:04 pm
Profile
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 33091
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
90 does seem like a lot, but I also feel like I've seen that number before a couple times. Maybe for My Hero Academia or something else. So it might be the "max" amount of territories at the moment.

_________________
Japan Box Office
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - TV

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”


Wakanda Forever


Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
As per Ufotable, the planned broadcast of Season 2 will released 90 countries starting from October 10, 2021. I will here by summarise all the territories were the broadcast has been planned.

Asia:
Japan: 10 October (FujiTV + 29 networks)
Korea: undecided
Mainland China: 10 October (Viu & IQiyi)
China (SAR+ROC):
→ Taiwan: 10 October (9 network)
→ Hong Kong: 10 October (Viu & BilliBilli)
→ Macau: 10 October (BilliBilli)
ASEAN: 10 October (Viu, BilliBilli, IQiyi & Muse)
→ Thailand
→ Malaysia
→ Singapore
→ Philippines
→ Indonesia
→ Brunei
→ Vietnam
→ Laos
→ Mynamar
→ Cambodia
Entire Asia: 10 October (only Netflix available region -Middle East)
Total: 40 countries

Oceania:
AU & NZ: 11 October (Funimation)

North America: 10 October (Funimation, Crunchyroll & Hulu)

Europe: 10 October (Wakanim) (35 countries)
→ British Isles: Funimation
→ Spain: Selecta Vision
→ Italy: Dynit
→ German speaking region: Peppermint Anime
→ Dutch speaking region: Persicoop Anime
→ Rest of Europe: Wakanim

South America: 10 October (Funimation & Crunchyroll) (10 Countries)

Total Broadcasting countries: 90

Some of the countries are still screening "Mugen Train".
Peru → 27-29, 2021 (limited)
Uruguay → TBA
Pakistan → TBA
In some countries of Europe like Albania, Latvia & Croatia, Season 1 was released on September 9, 2021 (via Netflix)
So far, this is what I got. Thank you for your patience.

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:55 pm
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Amazon Prime Video release in Europe is in talks. While, Netflix hold the licence of release through out Asia (- Middle East)
Broadcasting of Season 2 in Middle East is not planned yet. It is in talks/review at censorship.
BTW, there is no info for Africa.

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:59 pm
Profile
Speed Racer

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Posts: 156
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
As per Ufotable, the planned broadcast of Season 2 will released 90 countries starting from October 10, 2021. I will here by summarise all the territories were the broadcast has been planned.

Asia:
Japan: 10 October (FujiTV + 29 networks)
Korea: undecided
Mainland China: 10 October (Viu & IQiyi)
China (SAR+ROC):
→ Taiwan: 10 October (9 network)
→ Hong Kong: 10 October (Viu & BilliBilli)
→ Macau: 10 October (BilliBilli)
ASEAN: 10 October (Viu, BilliBilli, IQiyi & Muse)
→ Thailand
→ Malaysia
→ Singapore
→ Philippines
→ Indonesia
→ Brunei
→ Vietnam
→ Laos
→ Mynamar
→ Cambodia
Entire Asia: 10 October (only Netflix available region -Middle East)
Total: 40 countries

Oceania:
AU & NZ: 11 October (Funimation)

North America: 10 October (Funimation, Crunchyroll & Hulu)

Europe: 10 October (Wakanim) (35 countries)
→ British Isles: Funimation
→ Spain: Selecta Vision
→ Italy: Dynit
→ German speaking region: Peppermint Anime
→ Dutch speaking region: Persicoop Anime
→ Rest of Europe: Wakanim

South America: 10 October (Funimation & Crunchyroll) (10 Countries)

Total Broadcasting countries: 90

Some of the countries are still screening "Mugen Train".
Peru → 27-29, 2021 (limited)
Uruguay → TBA
Pakistan → TBA
In some countries of Europe like Albania, Latvia & Croatia, Season 1 was released on September 9, 2021 (via Netflix)
So far, this is what I got. Thank you for your patience.


Thank you for your dedicated work.
For Season 2, here may be the reason Aimer participated in Kimetsu this time:
https://youtu.be/7LKn-3c7AL0
The singer just transferred to Sacra Music, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan. It is obviously a plan to boost their newest artist. Since April 2021, Sony has been very confident about their Music Segment. In their recent annual financial reports, Kimetsu from Aniplex, LiSA and Reona from Sacra Music appear as crucial "intellectual properties". Now they got Aimer :cool:.


Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:38 pm
Profile
Speed Racer

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Posts: 156
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Viewer Rating is revealed:
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ac179 ... 64a02fa63a
Peak time 22.9%, average 21.4%. Jack was correct.


Last edited by MSFK on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:48 pm
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Movie: Theatrical Version "Demon Slayer" Mugen Train.
Kanto area: 21.4% (Household ratings) & 15.7% (individual ratings) via Yahoo (https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/c9af8 ... d985094d85)

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:51 pm
Profile
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 33091
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Very, very nice. Highest rating for a movie since 2014's rebroadcast of Princess Mononoke, and also the only movie to break 20% since then as well. And note, Mugen Train aired a little later (an hour or two) than most that typically air at 7pm or 8pm.

21.4% is near 12 million viewers. And the peak of 22.9% is roughly 12.5 million viewers.

_________________
Japan Box Office
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - TV

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”


Wakanda Forever


Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 36248
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Indeed that's AMAZING number for a movie that has already been seen by so many in theaters and most likely multiple times before. Its mind-boggling to see the numbers and crowd this movie/franchise still draws in all mediums.


Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:18 pm
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Season 2 Of Demon Slayer appeared in Billibilli column. The trailer will drop on October 5 (five days before Broadcast) Here is the link of upcoming anime in Billibilli - https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv13344749

Additionally, WeTV/Tencent Video also got license to release Season 2 through out ASEAN countries.

Brief Summaries:
1. Asia - Netflix (minus Middle East, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan & Pakistan)
→ ASEAN: Billibilli, WeTV, IQiyi, Viu & Muse
→ China (SAR)
• Taiwan: 9 networks (including Billibilli)
• Hong Kong: Viu & Billibilli
• Macau: Billibilli
→ Russia: Wakanim (+CIS territories)
→ Japan: 30 networks (starting from Fuji TV)
→ Korea: 4 networks (02:00-02:30)
2. Oceania: Funimation (10/11)
3. Europe - Wakanim (Release in Prime Video is in talks)
→ British Isles - Funimation & Crunchyroll
4. North America - Funimation, Crunchyroll & Hulu
5. South America - Funimation & Crunchyroll

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:13 am
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
JJK has already surpassed 55M in circulation (including digital copies and Vol 0) which is 650% growth since anime adaptation back in October 2020.

Theatrical Version JJK Movie 0 is just less than 90 days away from release. (Release Date: 24/12 (Fri)). 1st PV might drop between 1-15 October, 2021. Overseas distribution is yet to be decided. That is why I am scared that it might follow EVA 3.0+1.0 pattern for overseas. There is also no any English official website.

First Forecast/Prediction is ¥7B - ¥15B (However, it will depend upon OW. Lots of Western Works will hit Winter especially SM:NWH, Venom 2, Matrix 4 and The Kingsmen. :wacko: )

Corpse, What do you think about the final ranking in 2021 Japan Box Office?

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:18 am
Profile
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 33091
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Replied to you in the box office thread.

_________________
Japan Box Office
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - TV

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”


Wakanda Forever


Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Streaming Update:
Latin America release has been delayed. It will start from 2021 Dec/ 2022 Jan (At present, no info is available).

Mainland China:
Theatrical Version "Mugen Train" disappeared from talks. In Bilibili, recapping episodes of "Mugen Train" has finally got it's dates starting from October 11, 2021 (Chinese Sub). Chinese Dub Release will start from Spring 2022.

It will be interesting to see how Overseas will censored the season, especially, in China.

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:39 am
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19614
Location: Classified
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Are they gonna change the theme song?

_________________
2020 - Actually a Good Year for Movies

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!


Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:25 pm
Profile
Speed Racer

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Posts: 156
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Yes, the Mugen Train's 7-episode TV format will have new Opening and Ending songs by Lisa.
From episode 8, a new set of Opening and Ending songs by Aimer.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/ ... runchyroll
By the way, Ufotable begins to expand their business globally.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... up/.177861


Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:32 am
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Amazon Prime Video got license to distribute Season 2 !
See: :funny:

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:49 am
Profile
Speed Racer

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Posts: 156
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
In regard to Corpse's information about the Japan PM's election, the soon-to-be PM, Fumio Kishinda admitted that he bought and read all 23 volumes of the series. His favorite character is Akaza. He also promised that he would boost the income for people who work in the manga, anime, and movie industry.
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/e01a2 ... f5a60031ff

I don't know he wants to boost his reputation or the series's popularity :funny: .


Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:20 pm
Profile
Waitress in LA

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:21 pm
Posts: 26
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Kimetsu no Yaiba "Infinite Train Edition" The core overall audience rating is an amazing 35.6%, exceeding the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games, the baseball final, and the soccer semi-final (against Japan), which cost 3 trillion.

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/205724


Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:51 am
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
KNYtracker777 wrote:
Kimetsu no Yaiba "Infinite Train Edition" The core overall audience rating is an amazing 35.6%, exceeding the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games, the baseball final, and the soccer semi-final (against Japan), which cost 3 trillion.

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/205724

Impressive numbers ! ! !

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:23 am
Profile
Full Fledged Member

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:14 am
Posts: 98
Location: Japan
Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2 - Oct. 10th)
Since 5 days left for the broadcast. I myself will be watching from Fuji TV. What about you all? :thumbsup:

_________________
甘露寺 蜜璃 (恋柱)


Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.