Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier “Truth”
Not much to talk about in this episode. The Julia Louis Dreyfus cameo meant little to me as I was not familiar with her character from the comics. It was entertaining I guess. A setup episode. Sharon is the Power Broker for sure.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:46 pm
The Kramer

JLD was a nice addition, you don’t cast her if it is not for an important role. After that .. yeah .. I’m happy for Sam and all but also once again bored with his journey.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:55 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Another passable episode. JLD cameo was really the highlight. The rest was just meh and all the stuffs with Captain America felt forced.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

JLD was great but this is hands down the dullest piece of content to ever come out of the MCU. I can't wait for it to be over.

Also the actress who plays Karli and the character itself is terrible. Her performance feels like something out of a school play version of "Game of Thrones" or something.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:16 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

That great opening three way fight and the JLD cameo are really the only big highlights of the episode, but I still really enjoyed it and can't wait for the finale next week.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:59 pm
Veteran

Slow episode but it was obviously a setup to a blockbuster finale. My assumption was that the serum, taken orally, was temporary. Is that not the case?

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:52 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier “One World One People”
Only 10 minutes into the finale but Karli Morgenthau has to be one of the most annoying characters in any Marvel thing ever.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:11 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Again no rush to watch the finale anytime soon because everything was just meh..

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:11 am
Hold the door!

Show was really good except the Flag smashers who were terrible boring villains.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:14 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
Show was really good except the Flag smashers who were terrible boring villains.

It seems to me that you are saying the show was not good because Flag Smashers were the main reason for this to exist.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:16 am
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

It seems to me that you are saying the show was not good because Flag Smashers were the main reason for this to exist.

There was a lot more to the show than the Flag Smashers. Zemo, John Walker, power broker, Sam and Bucky, Isaiah Bradley, Torres, batroc, madripoor, etc. we’re all cool.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 am
Forum General

The finale felt very rushed to me, but I still enjoyed it. Seeing Sam in action in that new Cap costume was great and I liked how everyone came together at the end, but damn it felt like so much was either missing or cut out like the stuff with Sharon for some reason becoming the Power Broker out of nowhere which makes her full on villian IMO.

Unless its Skrull/Secret Invasion related I don't see how it makes much sense, but hopefully they explain it at some point down the line. Also, The Flag Smashers were weak villians and thank god their storyline is over, but I was kind of hoping they were going to do more with Zemo in this show, especially since Daniel Bruhl has been one of the best parts of this show for me and would have been a much better antagonist than whatever plot was going on with The Flag Smashers.

I'd be very much down for a Season 2 though aswell as a U.S. Agent show.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:13 pm
Extraordinary

As a bridge to making Sam Cap I thought it was well done overall. Better than just shoehorning it in an Avengers movie.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:04 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

But did we need the bridge? Also this was called The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and not dawn of Captain America. I felt this whole thing was just a filler arc like in Manga series when the makers have no material but need to keep the show alive.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:12 am
Extraordinary

... why not? This show made me like Falcon, I didn't really care about him before. These MCU shows benefit the characters as we spend more time with them. Might as well skip them if you don't want this kind of stuff but I like it a lot.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:41 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

So if I don't like this show means I don't like spending time with these characters and should skip these shows? No wonder DC fans had the same problem with criticism.

Also what you mentioned isn't what I was talking about there.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:00 am
The Kramer

Karli died as she lived: being a whiny idiot. Would take five seconds to tell Sam about Sharon but she can’t even accomplish that. Good job with your worldwide movement.

I liked the episode though. Sam throwing the Shield through the window and then jumping out with his wings was a vintage mark-out Avengers moment. I think this would have made a fine two and a half hour Captain America 4. As is, I’ll take the three good episodes, but probably never watch this show again.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:31 am
Devil's Advocate

D+ has leaned on old tv genres for the Mandalorian and Wandavision. With that in mind I'd have gone buddy cop detective route for this. I didn't watch the whole series but my impression is they had some of the buddy stuff but more of an action series than solving mysteries.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:04 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Continuing with the bridge thing. It was clear Cap gave Sam the shield. One or two scenes highlighting his concerns to take up the role should have been enough in the movies. Yes we were introduced to Sam's family members but that story didn't go anywhere. This is exactly what a filler arc does.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:09 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I did not like this.

Karli is the worst character in Marvel history period - I hated her so much. And I didn't like what they did to Sharon who I loved in the films. A few action sequences and JLD aside this was a boring slog and honestly the performances from Mackie and Stan were bland.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:47 pm
Profile YIM
On autopilot for the summer

publicenemy#1 wrote:
... why not? This show made me like Falcon, I didn't really care about him before. These MCU shows benefit the characters as we spend more time with them. Might as well skip them if you don't want this kind of stuff but I like it a lot.

Ouch, what a burn! If you don't like character development, step off. They didn't exactly split the atom here, a lot of it was cliched and filler. You could have easily put this whole show as a 20 minute subplot in a movie. Everything that was interesting or original that would have made for a great series, was pushed to the side.

Flag smashers might beat the elves in Thor 2 as the worst villains ever to grace the MCU. Also what happened to Bucky? He can't fight for shit anymore. His character really suffered the transition to Television fight choreography.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:24 am
The Kramer

Karli definitely holds the title of worst MCU villain. They didn’t even give her redemption, she just died because she couldn’t control herself for the five seconds it would take to tell Sam that Sharon was the real villain. At least Malekith had a plan that would have actually worked had he not been stopped by Thor.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:51 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Not only the villains but the detective work her is weak as well.

I do not want to take away anything from people who liked it but please don't pretend this was an all time best series. There is very weak character development that goes no where, the new characters either die or have nothing to add much other than fan service (none of their stories are given any sense of closure). The titular characters are not doing what the title suggested, Falcon become cap, Winter Soldier is behaving as sob and lost teenager rather than do any heroic stuff, the actors have good chemistry but the story doesn't explore it enough.

The best part/villain is Zemo's interaction with the two and that was the best episode of the series. Everything else was we make the story as we go and see what sticks.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:15 am
The Kramer

I wonder if the overall reception would be better if it had aired first, after Black Widow like was originally intended. Premiering two weeks after Wandavision set the bar at Mars was a tough position to be in.

I’d give the show a B- overall.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:49 am
Forum General

This show is definitely far from perfect and if I had to grade it overall I'd probably give it a B+ which is good, but it could have been better, especially when it comes to the rushed, unspectacular finale's which this and WandaVision equally suffered greatly from IMO, although maybe that had something to do with the Covid-19 Pandemic.

You guys have pretty much nailed all the problems with the show though which is all fair criticsm and hopefully with Loki that ends up being better, because I still feel as if Marvel hasn't put out Disney Plus show yet that everyone has enjoyed or agreed on as a true crowdpleaser with so much division among the fanbase.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next