Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Emmys 2020 
Romosexual!

Post Re: Emmys 2020
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Zendaya was good but I don't think it was an Emmy winning performance. Laura Linney should have won for Ozark. I don't want to sound racist but she was the only black nominee in that category this year.

"the only black nominee' is par for course in White Hollywood

Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 am
New Server, Same X

Is Zendaya the first person to compete on Dancing With The Stars and only have their career go up from there?

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:55 am
Romosexual!

Mister Ecks wrote:
Is Zendaya the first person to compete on Dancing With The Stars and only have their career go up from there?

Hahaha :funny: I'd forgotten she did that

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Zendaya was good but I don't think it was an Emmy winning performance. Laura Linney should have won for Ozark. I don't want to sound racist but she was the only black nominee in that category this year.

I mean she was also the hot new thing which tends to work in a show's/actor's favor. Her and Jennifer were the only two so if Zendaya didn't get it I'd expect it to have been Jennifer. I have to respectfully disagree about the quality of her performance. She's terrific. I didn't even like Zendaya until Euphoria. She won me over.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:47 pm
New Server, Same X

Yeah she was fantastic. The only unfortunate thing about it is I forgot Hunter Schafer didn't get nominated in Supporting. I'm fine with the show not getting nominated for Drama, it was wildly uneven. But the performances were terrific.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:00 pm
New Server, Same X

It's a pretty big accomplishment to see a little Canadian show sweep the four major acting categories, Writing, Directing and the top honor prize. Never been done before in comedy or drama. I think they're getting attention for sweeping the acting categories as that in itself hadn't been done either, but it's a huge deal to sweep them all. The Emmys are notorious for spreading the wealth. Good for Schitt's Creek.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:02 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Zendaya definitely won for this scene.

She was AMAZING on that series so that win was a lovely surprise. Though I also thought Jennifer and Laura were great on their respective shows too.

Also the "Schitt's Creek" sweep was fantastic.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:38 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Zendaya's win was definitely earned IMO even if a part of me would have liked to see Laura Linney get that award, especially after her incredible work in Ozark: Season 3. Eurphoria is what finally convinced me that she was indeed a talented actress, because I saw none of that in the MCU Spider-Man movies.

Watchmen also getting so much love last night really warmed my hear though, because damn does that show deserve it, especially after all the woke backlash it endured online last year. It was good seeing The Mandalorian win something as well, but I knew it wouldn't dominate no matter how much I love that show.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:38 pm
Star Trek XI

thompsoncory wrote:
Zendaya definitely won for this scene.

She was AMAZING on that series so that win was a lovely surprise. Though I also thought Jennifer and Laura were great on their respective shows too.

Also the "Schitt's Creek" sweep was fantastic.

Literally said on Reddit after this episode aired to just give her the Emmy now for this scene and she ACTUALLY got it!!!! Beyond ecstatic for her! :D :wub2:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2