Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Finished Schitt's Creek Season 6 and while I didn't love the end as much as I would have wanted to it was serviceable. The cast still stays the best part of this series. Also the special after the season 6 was MUCH more better than the ending. Thanks for the recommendation Mike :thumbsup:

Also finished the final few episodes of Zoey's Extraordianary Playlist, the songs are GREAT, the story predictable and cliched, Zoey as a character is pretty indecisive but damn this role suits Jane Levy so much and she makes the most out of this. Its surprising that she is not in mainstream movies enough. The manipulative season finale didn't sit well with me but it was still a brave choice to go in that direction.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:23 pm
Forum General

While I slightly preferred season 2 over this final season, Dark Season 3 was still great and a very worthy, emotional series finale IMO. God I am going to miss this show, especially since there is really nothing else like it out there.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Dark has a REALLY good story and the universe expansion in Season 2 was amazing but it got a little repetitive for me (but could be because of poor translation) and while there are pacing issues at times I am really excited to finish Season 3 and see where it ends. Hope they conclude the story after 3 seasons otherwise it will definitely overstay its welcome.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:54 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Also binged The Politician Season 2 yesterday. Its got a LOT OF IDEAS which are handled inconsistently, the end result being a dud bigger than the first one. The characters this season have also moved on to completely change from how/what they were in Season 1 and make stupid decisions all the time. The solutions to problems and sometimes the problems itself weren't convincing. The constant changing of allegiances is also jarring at times.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 pm
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Finished Schitt's Creek Season 6 and while I didn't love the end as much as I would have wanted to it was serviceable. The cast still stays the best part of this series. Also the special after the season 6 was MUCH more better than the ending. Thanks for the recommendation Mike :thumbsup:

I am glad you enjoyed it. I was really satisfied with the final season. The only bad part for me was that it was ending. I'm glad it at least didn't dip in quality (IMO). That's what usually happens when shows go on for too long. But dammit I'd have taken the risk if I got to keep seeing these characters. Which I still will with re-watches but it's not the same not getting new episodes.

Spoiler: show
Loved the growth for Alexis. She basically stays the same person but grows so much at the same time. Got very misty eyed when her and Ted decided to split. Loved the moment between David and Stevie on the car in front of the house Patrick wanted to get for them. Also a great ending for David and Patrick which is easily the best gay relationship I've seen on TV. They are goals! Patrick is so perfect. :wub2:

They all better be getting Emmy nominations. This show needs to clean up there.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:15 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Would be wonderful if they win Emmy, the cast really deserves it.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:46 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Binged Dark Season 3 yesterday and yes it does get repetitive and overly convoluted but damn the story is so GOOD you just cannot keep your eyes of it. The story is one of the best I have seen on television. A few qualms they keep saying its repeating (which worked in Season 1 and somewhat in Season 2) but here its just full on time travel rather "repeat", it needed to somehow show the repeat. The loop breaker is also not convincing would have been good if one of the main characters were associated with the loop, the time maker was not a main character from Season 1.

Harley Quinn Season 2, damn this series is SO GOOD. Really really good resolution in the end.

Also finished the final episodes of Love, Victor Season 1, its good but the atmosphere is not as wonderful as the movie. Still a good series overall even though a bit predictable.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:28 am
Forum General

Just got done binging both Warrior Nun: Season 1 and Hanna: Season 2. Warrior Nun is a pretty good show with a cute, likable lead, but 10 episodes was way too much IMO and its actually kind of a slow burn, but when it does get to the action it works. I also enjoyed Hanna: Season 2, but it felt like somewhat of a drop in quality compared to the first season, but maybe that's just me. I'm willing to watch another season though, especially after how it ended.

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Last week I completed Working Mom's Season 3 and the short Season 4. Both seasons have been amped with comedy more than characters and the arc of #MeToo and similar themes make the episodes very predictable. Season 4 being so small helped bring a lot of focus, yet this series plays it very safe.

I just finished Defending Jacob. The series has really good production values and all three leads act REALLY well in here to carry this through but the story is unable to build enough tension even with a decent mystery angle. It seems that series concentrates too much on a family melodrama instead of characters which is weird because the rest of the story revolves on uncovering these characters. Overall a bit wobbly but the cast carries it through plus with the open-ended season finale it has potential to get better.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I found "Defending Jacob" quite dull and anticlimactic even though the performances were strong.

The third season of "Search Party" is fucking amazing and a must-watch.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:52 pm
Profile YIM
Hold the door!

Trying to watch the Simpson’s but it’s not that funny when does it get good? A bit into season 2 now.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Trying to watch the Simpson’s but it’s not that funny when does it get good? A bit into season 2 now.

The first season is pretty painful. I think Season 3 is when most people consider it to take off

Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:17 pm
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

The first season is pretty painful. I think Season 3 is when most people consider it to take off

The first season was ok. The second season isn’t raising the bar though.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:26 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Watched Normal People yesterday and I would highly recommend this series. Both the leads are so good and the ending is heartfelt. It is a bit repetitive at times but overall a very good series with insights of personal trauma and indecisiveness that regular people go through in their lives.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:01 pm
Forum General

Just finished Ju-On: Origins Season 1 and wow what a creepy and disturbing little show. Outside the American adaptations I'm not all that familiar with the earlier Ju-On films, but after watching this I definitely want to check them out now. It's at least far superior to that crappy The Grudge reboot we got earlier this year.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:57 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

The first Jun-On film is REALLY good you should watch it for sure. The reviews for this series are much better than the original film as well. Glad to know its good.

I am watching "I Know this Much is True" since yesterday and man this series is difficult to sit through. Mark Ruffalo is AMAZING in it, he should easily get all the awards. Wish the series was worthy of his performance, it does not go anywhere.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:52 pm
The Kramer

Castlevania season 3 is So Boring. It's really hard to watch, but I'm sticking to it in the hope that the end of season battle episode they usually do is worth it.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:16 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Yes season 3 is great and that goes on for another six or seven years before it becomes meh again.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Glow Season 1 is so good. It's not a laugh out loud series but balances humour with drama really well. Alison Brie is so damn good in here. Betty Gilpin and Marc Maron are both great here but Brie really steals the show while being in background for most of the season.

Finished last few episodes of The Order Season 1. The story is at times conventional and unnecessary convoluted but with a good pace and defined character motivations it's a good series to watch for fantasy fans of magic and werewolf action.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:20 pm
Forum General

I finally finished both seasons of the new Twilight Zone series and honestly if the second half of Season 2 wasn't so strong I probably would have gave up a long time ago. If they do a Season 3 I hope its more sci-fi heavy because those were easily the best episodes out of both seasons.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:33 pm
Forum General

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Glow Season 1 is so good. It's not a laugh out loud series but balances humour with drama really well. Alison Brie is so damn good in here. Betty Gilpin and Marc Maron are both great here but Brie really steals the show while being in background for most of the season.

Finished last few episodes of The Order Season 1. The story is at times conventional and unnecessary convoluted but with a good pace and defined character motivations it's a good series to watch for fantasy fans of magic and werewolf action.

Glow and The Order got much better for me in there second seasons and now I can't wait to see what comes next for both shows. Betty Gilpin is especially a treasure and deserves to be a huge, breakout star IMO, although the whole cast does a really solid job in it particularly Allison Brie and Marc Maron.

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Castlevania season 3 is So Boring. It's really hard to watch, but I'm sticking to it in the hope that the end of season battle episode they usually do is worth it.

Season 3 wasn't very good at all and if I could have warned you about it I would have, because its basically 10 episodes worth of filler. I'm sticking with it for the final season though which is hopefully good and makes the payoff worth all that unnecessary buildup in Season 3.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed on Glow's Season 2, it goes in such different directions in Season 2 and Season 3 is even better. Damn I didn't knew the places they would go here.

I also finished first season of What We Do in Shadows, the series is crazy funny and such a great take on vampires. Have finished some part of Season 2 and got to say the writing is consistently funny and it takes apart so many vampire tropes lol. Its a hidden gem which has all the ingredients to become a cult classic.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:26 am
Forum General

What We Do in the Shadows is great and I thought Season 2 was just as good as Season 1. I'm glad it already got renewed for a third season as well.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:21 am
The Kramer

Started The Terror and .. I dunno. I thought it was more of a creature feature, with a giant ice squid, but seems like it is more about the dangers of exploration in general. Meh. The show was still fine, but I want some damn monsters and not just metaphorical ones.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Finally finished last few episodes of The Stranger. The concluding is great and the series has a defect mystery but it lacks energy specially in middle episodes. Armitage does really well here.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 32  Next