Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The Mandalorian 
The Kramer

Post Re: The Mandalorian
Also funny that Pubs are now painting themselves as these poor victims when they just tried to overthrow the government and end democracy less than a month ago. “Oh no why are people so upset about that?” Fucking cunts. More people died in the terrorist attack on the capitol that day than in the Benghazi attacks. Never forget.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:51 pm
Extraordinary

... she is a pretty awful actress. Line delivery is always bad. Too bad she's also an idiot.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:04 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
So now you Pubs are suddenly concerned about the children in cages?

The difference, of course, is that conservatism is an opinion. Judaism is a religion, but also a race too. Committing genocide is not the same as telling a selfish asshole that they are a selfish asshole.

And people with Nazi flags were proudly celebrating in the streets after Trump’s election while shouting “the jews will not replace us.” Trump then called them very fine people. That’s why libs call them nazis. This shit didn’t just come out of nowhere. :funny:

Lol, yes Trump called them “very fine people” yup, he definitely did not say “not the white supremacists, which should be condemned entirely” but those standing against confederate statue Removal.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:10 pm
The Kramer

Nazis aren’t white supremacists. The two groups align on a lot of issues, but nazis are totally cool with killing the whites too. See: the attack on the Capitol.

The confederates were white supremacists and there’s no reason to support keeping their symbolism if you are not one as well.

So yes he called them very fine people.

Never forget.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm
Hold the door!

The confederate flag is often, perhaps wrongly, conflated with southern pride, and the statues are conflated with erasing southern history, not just a history of being pro slavery. They may be problematic to many people, but not everyone views them in such a black and white way.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:34 pm
The Kramer

The confederates sure viewed it in a black and white way.

Anyways, another point is that Gina had the same chance as James Gunn to make it right. While he apologized profusely for a terrible joke he made, she doubled down on her ignorant statement. She has nobody to blame but herself.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm
Hold the door!

Lucas film has every right to fire her if they want, they just can’t pretend it’s for any reason other than political differences.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

Condemning her for throwing around the holocaust analogy is fine, but there is also a positive message in her post which is to not hate people based on their political views. In an ideal world people would have enough nuance to take both the good and bad of her message.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:43 pm
The Kramer

Until one political side tries to overthrow the government and end democracy when they lose an election.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:59 pm
Hold the door!

Wow we are in for a lot of that being thrown in our face even though 99% of Trump voters would never do such a thing?

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:47 pm
The Kramer

Yet they all came crawling back within a month or so. Like I said when they stole the supreme court pick: if they can do awful things and lose absolutely none of their support then what is to stop them from doing more awful things? Like say; inciting a riot that tried to overthrow the government and end democracy.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:19 am
Devil's Advocate

Yet they all came crawling back within a month or so. Like I said when they stole the supreme court pick: if they can do awful things and lose absolutely none of their support then what is to stop them from doing more awful things? Like say; inciting a riot that tried to overthrow the government and end democracy.

They thought they were saving democracy... They obviously went too far, with the help of poor security

Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:25 pm
The Kramer

LMAO no they did not. They wanted to put their God-King back on the Iron Throne forever.

Also, you all were so upset when Trump got banned from twitter, yet without his voice to guide them these terrorists have been unable to organize another violent attack on our country. This is not censorship, it is defense against the dark arts.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:30 pm
Hold the door!

LMAO no they did not. They wanted to put their God-King back on the Iron Throne forever.

Also, you all were so upset when Trump got banned from twitter, yet without his voice to guide them these terrorists have been unable to organize another violent attack on our country. This is not censorship, it is defense against the dark arts.

It’s been a month, they’re definitely capable of doing something similar again.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:45 pm
Extraordinary

Looks like Gina will be working on a movie with the help of none other than Ben Shapiro. Uh have fun.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Devil's Advocate

Trump base think the Democrats are the vile corrupt bad guys of America (whether because they're evil themselves or are bought off or blackmailed by the real demons in the shadows such as China or billionaire oligarchs) who just successfully pulled off a coup, and that they used the media and the greatest political strategy in history divide and conquer to brainwash half the country into supporting the bad guys. The current division was planned to benefit someone's goals as division almost always is, in places where everyone is the same race they use things like religion in its place to run the same playbook. You can disagree with that but that's largely what the people at the stop the steal rally believed, and that's why people like Gina are afraid of a holocaust happening, because in the villains win timeline there is nothing that's impossible, when tyrants take over people who oppose them get killed no matter which side they pretend to care about. There are now many of us who support Trump not because he is a perfect god king but because we will support anyone who fights against these villains and has the courage to do so. Not every Trump supporter thinks that but the ones who would storm the capitol probably do. If you think it's crazy that the Democrats could be bad guys or working for the bad guys or that they are the ones who are putting the US in danger of becoming a dictatorship, clearly the idea of a political party becoming traitorous villains isn't that hard to accept if you think the Republicans are, it's just some people think the opposite is the truth.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:57 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

No more politics in this thread or I'll have to force close this thread!

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:42 pm
The Kramer

Imagine if we could have cut Palpatine’s twitter off before he gave Order 66.

#NotPolitical :P

Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:01 am
Indiana Jones IV

I'm an average Star Wars fan, could I watch this and still enjoy it? just don't want to feel lost with the names and places.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Ghostooze wrote:
I'm an average Star Wars fan, could I watch this and still enjoy it? just don't want to feel lost with the names and places.

Absolutely! Watch it and enjoy.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:02 pm
The Kramer

Season 1 is all new characters if I remember correctly. Season 2 is very reference heavy, but it seems like people who did not watch Clone Wars/Rebels still really enjoyed it.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:16 pm
Hold the door!

I think the movies are better than this show, but this show has little to do with the movies beyond Easter eggs.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:12 pm

i couldn't watch bill burr in it but have to say, kinda liked him in season 2. Mando doesn't speak at all so good to have a guy run his mouth a bit and kinda made me forget it was bill burr for a second.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:06 pm
Veteran

hislopper wrote:
i couldn't watch bill burr in it but have to say, kinda liked him in season 2. Mando doesn't speak at all so good to have a guy run his mouth a bit and kinda made me forget it was bill burr for a second.

I love the discipline involved in having the main character barely speak and to have his face covered.

Welcome to the forums. :D

I was blind, but now I see.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:09 pm
The Kramer

Season 3 episode 20 of Rebels made me alot more hyped for the Obi Wan show. This show always gets so good at the end of the season.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next