Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The Mandalorian 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: The Mandalorian
Timothy Olyphant is in season 2

Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 am
Forum General

Shack wrote:
Timothy Olyphant is in season 2

Which is awesome, because Olyphant is the fucking man. In all seriousness though Season 2 sounds like its going to be insanely stacked with characters with Boba Fett, Ashoka Tano and Bo-Katan all said to be showing up in it not to mention them getting directors like Robert Rodriguez and Peyton Reed on board with Jon Favreau and Carl Weathers expected to direct some episodes as well. I just hope none of it overshadows The Mandalorian himself.

Sun May 17, 2020 2:34 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I like all SW movies except for Phantom Menace, which is awful.

But I don't feel any deep love towards SW universe.

...So this series was kinda boring to me. If you take away your affection for SW in general, what remains is very strong production values. Stories are generic and dull, characters are generic and dull, and most of the 8 episodes were a struggle to get through.

The main character is good, the baby is good, the (almost main) villain is good, and whenever the main story advances (25-50% of the time), it's a good series. Some of the action is also very strong for a TV series. Really enjoyed the final showdown in EP3, AT-ST in EP4, and the TIE-fighter scene in EP8.

But mostly it's just filler. I didn't care much for it.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Off topic but Clone Wars Season 7 was so dope. Easily the best of the whole series for me. It was mostly just showing what Ahsoka was up to during Revenge of the Sith (including Order 66) and that's exactly what I wanted to see. Mad love for Ahsoka Tano.

Though I still have a hard time seeing General Skywalker as the same whiny bitch of a character that Anakin was in Sith. :funny:

Gonna have to start up on Rebels now, which I've heard is even better than Clone Wars.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rebels is very good, certainly on par with Clone Wars, but I wouldn't go in expecting better than Clone Wars.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Loved loved loved this. Can't wait for S2.

I'm actually pretty surprised about the negative reception here. :shock:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:22 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Soooo

Spoiler: show
Was it Boba Fett?

I didn’t like going back to Tatooine so quickly, but it is obviously needed because of the new mystery character.

I don’t think it is BF , though it has now been confirmed that at least his armor made it out of the sarlac pit. I think it is either Rex or Cody, and they will lead Mando to Asoka.

Good episode.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:39 pm
Veteran

Really enjoyed the first episode of the new season. I wasn’t sure why the Mandalorian thought that other Mandalorians would know where to take the child.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:20 pm
Extraordinary

I thought it was boring. Like without the little Boba Fett stuff this felt like a usual S1 episode where Mando has to help a town defeat something. K.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:39 am
Romosexual!

LOVED the episode. :D
I especially loved the humanizing of the Tusken Raiders. I see them in a whole new light now.
Looks like they increased the budget for season 2 by a lot.

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Soooo

Spoiler: show
Was it Boba Fett?

I didn’t like going back to Tatooine so quickly, but it is obviously needed because of the new mystery character.

I don’t think it is BF , though it has now been confirmed that at least his armor made it out of the sarlac pit. I think it is either Rex or Cody, and they will lead Mando to Asoka.

Good episode.

It's definitely Boba Fett. Makes sense for the story told in the episode. Why bring BF's armor and give it to some new character in the first place.

We already know what Rex looks like (remember the Return of the Jedi image). https://www.slashfilm.com/dave-filoni-c ... -the-jedi/

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 pm
Forum General

This season is off to a strong start so far. This newest episode was the best one yet and now I really want to check out Clone Wars/Rebels which I will likely do after this season is finished.

I am already loving Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan an hope she shows up at least once more this season, especially if they plan on bringing in Rasario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano.

It also looks like another big confrontation of somekind is going to happen with Giancarlo Espositio's Moff Gideon this season in the fight for the Darksaber.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 pm
Hold the door!

I cannot fathom why this show is popular, it is so boring. I literally can’t make it through the first season no matter how hard I try.

Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:10 am
Romosexual!

Dil wrote:
This season is off to a strong start so far. This newest episode was the best one yet and now I really want to check out Clone Wars/Rebels which I will likely do after this season is finished.

I am already loving Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan an hope she shows up at least once more this season, especially if they plan on bringing in Rasario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano.

It also looks like another big confrontation of somekind is going to happen with Giancarlo Espositio's Moff Gideon this season in the fight for the Darksaber.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! BO-KATAN & DARKSABER! AHSOKA TANO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Anything's possible now! EZRA BRIDGER! LUKE SKYWALKER! THRAWN!!! :D ALL COULD POP UP OR BE MENTIONED THIS SEASON OR NEXT!

EVERYONE/EVERYTHING IS GAME!!! :D LOVE THIS SHOW!

Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:41 am
The Kramer

Katee Sackhoff as Bo Katan was hot. Same with Sasha Banks. Cool to see they don't follow the way.

Great episode and I can't wait for Ahsoka!!

Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:44 pm
Hold the door!

Don’t understand the Baby Yoda eating eggs controversy

Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:08 pm
Romosexual!

zwackerm wrote:

What don't you understand about it?

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:15 pm
Hold the door!

Rev wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

What don't you understand about it?

Why people are upset about him mistakenly eating eggs of a fake endangered alien species
https://babylonbee.com/news/disney-edit ... vJAsw-cW9I

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 pm
The Kramer

There was definitely nothing “mistakenly” about it. Baby Yoda’s appetite does not follow the jedi code or The Way. :funny:

Also, I didn’t read the article, but Babylon Bee is a satire website like The Onion.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:59 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
There was definitely nothing “mistakenly” about it. Baby Yoda’s appetite does not follow the jedi code or The Way. :funny:

Also, I didn’t read the article, but Babylon Bee is a satire website like The Onion.

I know that’s why I included it. It makes fun of the outrage.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:49 pm
Romosexual!

HOLY FUCK! :whaa: WHAT A GREAT SETUP TO NEXT WEEK'S AHSOKA TANO EPISODE!

GREAT DIRECTING BY CARL WEATHERS :D ACTION PACKED! CLEANING UP TROS MESS! AND THAT ENDING SCENE! OH MY!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ARE THOSE DROIDS? :noway:

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:50 am
Hold the door!

I am astonished anyone likes this. There’s no story or character development, very little dialogue. It’s just pretty, that’s it.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 am
Forum General

Carl Weathers did a great job directing this episode and while I did enjoy overall it I am honestly just ready for this show to get into the second half, because you can tell they are building up something BIG which is likely the reason we haven't seen any footage of episodes 5-8 in any of the trailers. I really hope it pays off too, because they are teasing the hell out of us this season. There was some great stuff in this episode though like pretty much everything with Moff Gideon, Baby Yoda and Cara Dune and seeing The Razorcrest take on those Tie Fighters was dope as fuck. Damn do the special effects look great this season.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 pm
Romosexual!

Dil wrote:
Carl Weathers did a great job directing this episode and while I did enjoy overall it I am honestly just ready for this show to get into the second half, because you can tell they are building up something BIG which is likely the reason we haven't seen any footage of episodes 5-8 in any of the trailers. I really hope it pays off too, because they are teasing the hell out of us this season. There was some great stuff in this episode though like pretty much everything with Moff Gideon, Baby Yoda and Cara Dune and seeing The Razorcrest take on those Tie Fighters was dope as fuck. Damn do the special effects look great this season.

Soooo glad they didn’t release anything from the last 4 episodes.
Looking back on season 1 trailer they showed everything :lol: even scenes from the season finale episode.
:D CAN NOT WAIT FOR BLACK FRIDAY!!!! :D

Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:14 pm
The Kramer

Another A episode. Season 2 is fire.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:48 pm
Romosexual!

4 days until Ahsoka Tano :D

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next