Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm



Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 General new series thread 
Author Message
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The low score for Morning Show has to sting. Now they have nothing.


My guess is the amount of people who would be dissuaded by poor TV reviews is relatively small.

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:12 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17598
Location: Classified
Post Re: General new series thread
Shack wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The low score for Morning Show has to sting. Now they have nothing.


My guess is the amount of people who would be dissuaded by poor TV reviews is relatively small.
Maybe, but the amount that could be persuaded by good reviews is high. If it became a show you had to see then millions could justify that $5 entry point. As is, people must be thinking “if this is the best Apple can do its an easy pass.”

If Mandalorian has similar scores it would hurt the first day sales, but Disney has so much to fall back on then it won’t really matter in the long run.

_________________
I kneel with Magnus.

Wakanda Forever. X


Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:22 pm
Profile
100% That Bitch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 15997
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Post Re: General new series thread
NETFLIX's "El Club" Is yet another Mexican success.
Go watch it plz

_________________

Image
Tongue Pop!


I kneel with Magnus.


Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 32684
Post Re: General new series thread
Mau wrote:
Plus y'all REALLY need to catch up ELITE, La Casa de lS Flores (a bit of a dip in quality in season 2) and Monarca. Those three are International NETFLIX's holy Trinity (if you include la casa de Papel It makes it four). They're fucking GOOD.
ELITE: THINK OF 90210 but on roids
Monarca: house or cards mixed with better call saul
La casa de Papel: a suitable that must be watched to experience it
La casa de Las Flores: Desperate Housewives with Latin flavour (miles ahead of devious Maids lol)


Thanks may for the recommend. I LOVED Elite Season 1. Will do season 2 with my family in December. The only problem is that the dubs are HORRIBLE and I have to go with that but still it doesn't take away from the experience. Will take a look at the other three next.


Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:13 pm
Profile
100% That Bitch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 15997
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Post Re: General new series thread
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Mau wrote:
Plus y'all REALLY need to catch up ELITE, La Casa de lS Flores (a bit of a dip in quality in season 2) and Monarca. Those three are International NETFLIX's holy Trinity (if you include la casa de Papel It makes it four). They're fucking GOOD.
ELITE: THINK OF 90210 but on roids
Monarca: house or cards mixed with better call saul
La casa de Papel: a suitable that must be watched to experience it
La casa de Las Flores: Desperate Housewives with Latin flavour (miles ahead of devious Maids lol)


Thanks may for the recommend. I LOVED Elite Season 1. Will do season 2 with my family in December. The only problem is that the dubs are HORRIBLE and I have to go with that but still it doesn't take away from the experience. Will take a look at the other three next.



Élite season 2 SOMEHOW made its story work even better. Tbh since it's trashy soap opera it may b my favorite Netflix show overall. Also I'd recommend you to watch it with subtitles. You need to hear Carla and Polo on their original voice and how fucking SEXY they sound.

Seriously if Polo ands like 10pounds of muscle he becomes the hottest guy on Earth. He already is the best looking guy I've ever seen.

_________________

Image
Tongue Pop!


I kneel with Magnus.


Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 am
Profile
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
My review of Servant http://wokj.worldofkj.com/servant-is-an ... r-mystery/

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Profile
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
Review of the new Octavia Spencer AppleTV show Truth Be Told http://wokj.worldofkj.com/truth-be-told ... -can-chew/

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:54 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17598
Location: Classified
Post Re: General new series thread
I watched first two episodes of Fleabag and get the hype. It was very funny.

_________________
I kneel with Magnus.

Wakanda Forever. X


Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Profile
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
My review of the Witcher http://wokj.worldofkj.com/the-witcher-w ... t-episode/

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:48 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17598
Location: Classified
Post Re: General new series thread
With all the Star Wars hype I forgot that came out! Netflix probably should have waited for the new year, but I understand they were trying to recapture the Bird Box magic from last year. 6 Underground is enough for that though.

_________________
I kneel with Magnus.

Wakanda Forever. X


Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:10 pm
Profile
100% That Bitch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 15997
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Post Re: General new series thread
Also You'd new season is EXACTLY my kind of TV. I fuckung LOVE IT

_________________

Image
Tongue Pop!


I kneel with Magnus.


Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:35 pm
Profile
100% That Bitch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 15997
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Post Re: General new series thread
You crashed my top 10 shows of the year and oh God it's everything I didn't know I need! Feed it to me directly into my veins plZ.

_________________

Image
Tongue Pop!


I kneel with Magnus.


Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:07 am
Profile
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
My review of Netflix's new figure skating show Spinning Out http://wokj.worldofkj.com/spinning-out- ... otionally/

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:28 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 62765
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: General new series thread
The first episode of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist was just fantastic.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 pm
Profile
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
Harley Quinn - the first episode was HILARIOUS

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:02 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 62765
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: General new series thread
Yes, the Harley Quinn show is great. Really, really funny.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Profile
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27759
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: General new series thread
Watched the first two episodes of Nora from Queens (or Awkwafina is Nora from Queens) and Avenue 5. As different as they are, I felt the exact same about both. They're both fine entries into their respective genres, but I can't help thinking I've seen it all before and I've seen it done a lot better. Avenue 5 boasts a strong cast, especially Hugh Laurie, but the material is one long rehash. Everyone is basically an idiot and they get themselves into outrageously ludicrous situations. In space.

Nora from Queens has some good performances (Awkwafina is a likeable lead), but if you've seen one Comedy Central sitcom, you generally have seen them all. Especially those led by comedians. I've seen all of Broad City, and it feels like this is just a pale imitation.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:00 pm
Profile
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27759
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: General new series thread
Watching the first episode of The Outsider. Surprised it doesn't have more praise, it's a terrific slow burner so far with some solid acting. Feels like an unofficial fourth season of True Detective at this point, by way of Stephen King.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:18 pm
Profile
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27759
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: General new series thread
Every so often, a sitcom (it's always a sitcom) comes along and reminds me of why primetime TV should be dead forever. A sitcom that harkens back to the late 90s/early 00s, when sitcoms became ridiculous. Well, let's be honest: all sitcoms are ridiculous. The idea of a group of well-lit actors on a small set pausing for laughs and applause every few seconds is just silly. But at least sometimes, a strong cast, terrific writing and a whole lot of love for the show will give us something special.

Indebted has none of that. Holy shit, what an awful, awful show. Adam Pally, Abby Elliot and especially Fran Drescher are dreadful. Steven Weber is an absolute pro always. He only plays two roles in his career (goofy and likeable, or sinister and evil), but he does both perfectly. But the return of Steven Weber to primetime TV isn't enough to save this one.

It's bad.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:14 pm
Profile
100% That Bitch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 15997
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Post Re: General new series thread
Narcos México 2 Is GODLY. Like go watch it right motherfucking now, Diego Luna is otherworldly good.everything about this season is just so awesome they GO IN Mexican politics and how the DEA fucks it all up from the start over.... Pettiness.
Seriously go watch it and it's like a Spanglish tv show? Like 70% Spanish 30% English

_________________

Image
Tongue Pop!


I kneel with Magnus.


Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 am
Profile
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
Mister Ecks wrote:
Every so often, a sitcom (it's always a sitcom) comes along and reminds me of why primetime TV should be dead forever. A sitcom that harkens back to the late 90s/early 00s, when sitcoms became ridiculous. Well, let's be honest: all sitcoms are ridiculous. The idea of a group of well-lit actors on a small set pausing for laughs and applause every few seconds is just silly. But at least sometimes, a strong cast, terrific writing and a whole lot of love for the show will give us something special.

Indebted has none of that. Holy shit, what an awful, awful show. Adam Pally, Abby Elliot and especially Fran Drescher are dreadful. Steven Weber is an absolute pro always. He only plays two roles in his career (goofy and likeable, or sinister and evil), but he does both perfectly. But the return of Steven Weber to primetime TV isn't enough to save this one.

It's bad.


I was thinking earlier what the best multi camera sitcom that debuted in the 2010s was. It is a wretched list.

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:19 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 62765
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: General new series thread
Going to start High Fidelity this weekend

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 pm
Profile
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27759
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: General new series thread
Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
Every so often, a sitcom (it's always a sitcom) comes along and reminds me of why primetime TV should be dead forever. A sitcom that harkens back to the late 90s/early 00s, when sitcoms became ridiculous. Well, let's be honest: all sitcoms are ridiculous. The idea of a group of well-lit actors on a small set pausing for laughs and applause every few seconds is just silly. But at least sometimes, a strong cast, terrific writing and a whole lot of love for the show will give us something special.

Indebted has none of that. Holy shit, what an awful, awful show. Adam Pally, Abby Elliot and especially Fran Drescher are dreadful. Steven Weber is an absolute pro always. He only plays two roles in his career (goofy and likeable, or sinister and evil), but he does both perfectly. But the return of Steven Weber to primetime TV isn't enough to save this one.

It's bad.


I was thinking earlier what the best multi camera sitcom that debuted in the 2010s was. It is a wretched list.


Are there any genuine future classics from the 2010s? I can't think of any.

Mom had some potential at first by blending comedy with occasional tragedy, but the show changed so much in a few seasons. If not for Allison Janney, the show wouldn't be memorable.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:15 pm
Profile
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32267
Post Re: General new series thread
Mister Ecks wrote:
Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
Every so often, a sitcom (it's always a sitcom) comes along and reminds me of why primetime TV should be dead forever. A sitcom that harkens back to the late 90s/early 00s, when sitcoms became ridiculous. Well, let's be honest: all sitcoms are ridiculous. The idea of a group of well-lit actors on a small set pausing for laughs and applause every few seconds is just silly. But at least sometimes, a strong cast, terrific writing and a whole lot of love for the show will give us something special.

Indebted has none of that. Holy shit, what an awful, awful show. Adam Pally, Abby Elliot and especially Fran Drescher are dreadful. Steven Weber is an absolute pro always. He only plays two roles in his career (goofy and likeable, or sinister and evil), but he does both perfectly. But the return of Steven Weber to primetime TV isn't enough to save this one.

It's bad.


I was thinking earlier what the best multi camera sitcom that debuted in the 2010s was. It is a wretched list.


Are there any genuine future classics from the 2010s? I can't think of any.

Mom had some potential at first by blending comedy with occasional tragedy, but the show changed so much in a few seasons. If not for Allison Janney, the show wouldn't be memorable.


Yea I haven't seen an episode but Mom seems to be one of the most well liked. Some people like One Day At a Time and The Ranch was a hit. But there's nothing that feels half as memorable as even HIMYM or Big Bang Theory for whatever you say about them.

_________________
I’m disagreeing with you because I love to argue, not because I dislike you.


Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:53 pm
Profile
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27759
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post Re: General new series thread
Chippy wrote:
The first episode of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist was just fantastic.


Finally watched this and it's wonderful. High concept series are a tough sell so I see this getting canned, but I hope not. It's a delight to watch and breathes some life into the musical genre on television.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.