Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Upfronts 2018-2019 
Devil's Advocate

Post Upfronts 2018-2019
NBC's fall schedule

Monday
8:00-10:00 pm: The Voice
10:00-11:00 pm: MANIFEST

Tuesday
8:00-9:00 pm: The Voice
9:00-10:00 pm: This Is Us
10:00-11:00 pm: NEW AMSTERDAM

Wednesday
8:00-9:00 pm: Chicago Med
9:00-10:00 pm: Chicago Fire
10:00-11:00 pm: Chicago P.D.

Thursday
8:00-8:30 pm: Superstore
8:30-9:00 pm: The Good Place
9:00-9:30 pm: Will & Grace
9:30-10:00 pm: I FEEL BAD
10:00-11:00 pm: 'Law & Order: SVU

Friday
8:00-9:00 pm: Blindspot
9:00-10:00 pm: Midnight, Texas
10:00-11:00 pm: Dateline

Sunday
7:00-8:20 pm: Football Night in America
8:20-11:00 pm: Sunday Night Football

Quote:
Fans of Chicago television shows should clear their Wednesday nights.

NBC announced its fall schedule on Sunday, and it includes two new dramas and a new comedy. The network has also rearranged its schedule, resulting in a trio of shows set in Chicago on Wednesdays and a two-hour comedy block on Thursdays.

“Chicago Med,” “Chicago Fire” and “Chicago P.D.” — all produced by Dick Wolf, the creator of “Law & Order” — will air from 8 through 11 p.m., meaning three hours of Windy City drama to help you through hump day. The decision will allow more opportunity for the shows to “overlap and cross over,” NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt told reporters on Wednesday.

“We’d flirted with doing it in the past. We just looked at the landscape and saw it as a chance to try them together,” Greenblatt said, adding, “We thought it was a fun way to energize Wednesday.”

The network made headlines Saturday when it picked up the critically beloved “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” after Fox canceled it, which prompted an outpouring of support from disappointed fans of the show. NBC’s first season of the show won’t air until 2019, but Greenblatt said the network is “thrilled to have it,” calling it the missing piece for the network’s jigsaw puzzle of comedy.

“We think it fits into our brand of comedy in many ways better than it ever fit into the Fox brand of comedy,” he said.

Until then, comedy fans have Thursday nights — which will feature a two-hour block of sitcoms, including “I Feel Bad,” a new comedy from Aseem Batra that is produced by Amy Poehler and is about a woman named Emet who is struggling to be “perfectly okay with being imperfect.” The night also includes “Will & Grace,” which is enjoying a successful reboot after being off the air for more than a decade.

NBC is also betting heavily on a new drama called “New Amsterdam,” which is scheduled for the coveted time slot after “This is Us” on Tuesdays. The medical drama stars Ryan Eggold and follows Dr. Max Goodwin, a doctor who wants to “to tear up the bureaucracy” at the underfunded hospital where he works, which is based on Bellevue, the New York institution that is the nation’s oldest public hospital.

“It was just one of those pilots that knocked us over,” Greenblatt said. “We loved it in the development stage, and it just came together beautifully.”

The network is also launching a new “Lost”-esque drama called “Manifest,” about 191 passengers of an airplane that experiences severe turbulence during a short flight. When it lands, the impossible has occurred: The world has aged five years, even though they were only in the sky for a few hours. The drama will air on Mondays in a comfortable time slot after “The Voice.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... ad548bfa35

Last edited by Shack on Sun May 13, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 pm
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Upfronts 2018-2019
Midnight, Texas? Wasn't this show on a year ago?

And I swear I see a show called "New Amsterdam" hit the airwaves every few seasons. The name looks so familiar.

Sounds like they bet big on Amsterdam before ABC's The Crossing aired to mixed results. And the medical drama boom is back in full swing, thanks to The Resident and The Good Doctor.

Sun May 13, 2018 6:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

Only really interested in Manifest, which I wish was an ABC show created by someone from the Lost/Once Upon A Time tree instead of an NBC show from the showrunner of Mysteries of Laura. I Feel Bad has a memorable title but looks really bad. New Amsterdam's trailer is fine but I don't do medical shows

Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
Midnight, Texas? Wasn't this show on a year ago?

My bad, it's not a new show, I just didn't know it existed

Sun May 13, 2018 7:08 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Mister Ecks wrote:

And I swear I see a show called "New Amsterdam" hit the airwaves every few seasons. The name looks so familiar.

Was about to say the same thing! There was a Nikolaj Coster Waldau version in the 00s i recall.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun May 13, 2018 7:58 pm
now we know

If ever there was a epitome of a TV actor, it would be Matthew Fox.

Mon May 14, 2018 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Algren wrote:

That's not Matthew Fox

Mon May 14, 2018 10:53 am
Devil's Advocate

Fox schedule

MONDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – The Resident
9:00-10:00 p.m. – 9-1-1

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – The Gifted
9:00-10:00 p.m. – Lethal Weapon

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – Empire
9:00-10:00 p.m. – Star

THURSDAY
7:30-8:00 p.m. ET/4:30-5:00 p.m. PT – Thursday night football pregame show
8:00 p.m.-CC ET/5:00 p.m.-CC PT – NFL Football

FRIDAY
8:00-8:30 p.m. – Last Man Standing (new episodes)
8:30-9:00 p.m. – THE COOL KIDS
9:00-10:00 p.m. – Hell’s Kitchen

SATURDAY
7:00-10:30 p.m. – Fox Sports Saturday: Fox College Football

SUNDAY
7:00-7:30 p.m. – NFL On Fox
7:30-8:00 p.m. – The OT / FOX Encores
8:00-8:30 p.m. – The Simpsons
8:30-9:00 p.m. – Bob’s Burgers
9:00-9:30 p.m. – Family Guy
9:30-10:00 p.m. – REL

Quote:
After axing off a chunk of their single-camera comedies last week, Fox is heading into the Upfronts this week playing it safe. The network announced their fall schedule this morning, and the slate generally relies on known quantities with only a few new acquisitions. Notably, the network announced that Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing, which they are reviving after it was cancelled by ABC, will return this fall on Friday nights.

Fox’s other two acquisitions — and its only two new shows to air this fall — are both multi-camera. Rel, joining Fox’s Sunday comedy block, is a sitcom based on the life of comedian Lil Rel Howery. The Cool Kids, paired with Last Man Standing for a new block of comedy on Fridays, is a sitcom about hijinks in a retirement community, starring David Alan Grier, Martin Mull, Leslie Jordan, and Vicki Lawrence. Elsewhere in its schedule, Fox also gave its new hits The Resident and 9-1-1 pride of place together, while Empire and Star will continue to carry Wednesdays and The Gifted and the recast Lethal Weapon fill out Tuesdays.

In addition to releasing its fall schedule, Fox reiterated that it will air its live musical production of Rent in January 2019, and dated the premieres of two new dramas for its mid-season lineup. The Passage, based on Justin Cronin’s sci-fi trilogy, centers on secret experiments on a powerful virus, while Proven Innocent, from Danny Strong, takes place at a criminal-defense firm. Gotham will return for a fifth and final season during mid-season, wrapping up with the story of Bruce Wayne’s transformation into Batman. And Fox will air a new edition of Cosmos dubbed Possible Worlds in the spring. The full schedule is below with new shows in bold.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/fox-201 ... 202809357/

Meh

Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am
Devil's Advocate

Fox trailers:

Tue May 15, 2018 2:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

ABC:

MONDAY
8 PM — Dancing with the Stars
10 PM — The Good Doctor

TUESDAY
8 PM — Roseanne
8:30 PM — THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT
9 PM — black-ish
9:30 PM — Splitting Up Together
10 PM — THE ROOKIE

WEDNESDAY
8 PM — The Goldbergs
8:30 PM — American Housewife
9 PM — Modern Family
9:30 PM — SINGLE PARENTS
10 PM — A MILLION LITTLE THINGS

THURSDAY
8 PM — Grey’s Anatomy
9 PM — Station 19
10 PM — How to Get Away with Murder

FRIDAY
8 PM — Fresh Off the Boat
8:30 PM — Speechless
9 PM — Child Support
10 PM — 20/20

SATURDAY
8 PM — Saturday Night Football

SUNDAY
7 PM — America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 PM – DANCING WITH THE STARS: JUNIORS
9 PM — Shark Tank
10 PM — THE ALEC BALDWIN SHOW

Quote:
After an experiment with a genre drama 8-10 PM Friday lineup this season that did not do particularly well, ABC is reverting to a 8-9 PM comedy block, followed by a reality series. During the 2016-17 season, it was multi-cam comedies Last Man Standing and Dr. Ken, followed by Shark Tank; this time it’s single-cam comedies Fresh Off the Boat and Speechless, followed by Ricky Gervais’ game show Child Support, returning for a second season after a short winter run. Fresh Off the Boat will now face LMS, which is slated in its old time slot on a new network, Fox. (Renewed Friday dweller Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return for 13 episodes in summer 2019.)

For a second season, Shark Tank will continue as a Sunday 9 PM anchor as ABC is switching to an all-unscripted lineup on the night, something it has done well with over the past couple of summers. I can’t think of a time when ABC has had no scripted series on Sunday in-season though. There was a progression in that direction, with scripted programming’s presence’s on the night cut to one hour (10 PM) this season.

The 10 PM time slot is now going to The Alec Baldwin Show (aka Sundays with Alec Baldwin), based on Baldwin’s podcast, which ABC sneaked after the Oscars in March. This is the first time a broadcast network has aired a regular talk show in primetime since The Jay Leno Show on NBC, also at 10 PM, had a brief run during the 2009-10 season.

Warming up the Sunday 8-10 PM Sunday slot for American Idol, which will return for a second season on ABC in midseason, will be Dancing with the Stars: Juniors, the long-in-the-works Dancing spinoff featuring young celebrities. Both the mothership and the offshoot will air at the same time on two consecutive nights, Sunday and Monday.

Overall, ABC is keeping a stable schedule — Monday is staying intact with Dancing/The Good Doctor and Thursday remains a TGIT/Shondaland night with Grey’s Anatomy, spinoff Station 19 and How To Get Away with Murder. HTGAWM, which has shorter orders, will be followed in the spring by the fourth Shondaland series, For the People.

There are few changes, mostly based on attrition, with new series replacing cancelled ones. That includes the most buzzed-about new ABC series, one-hours A Million Little a Things and The Rookie, starring Nathan Fillion, and comedies Single Parents and The Kids Are Alright, which all landed on the fall schedule.

Despite being single-camera — as are all ABC comedy series besides Roseanne — the 1970sIrish-Catholic family The Kids Are Alright had been considered a suitable companion for Roseanne, which originated in the 1980s, and has landed the plum Tuesday 8:30 PM slot behind the revival. Meanwhile, Single Parents has been assigned the other coveted comedy slot on the ABC schedule, behind Modern Family on Wednesday. (American Housewife, which aired at 9:30 PM this season, is relocating to 8:30 PM where Speechless was this season.)

Following ABC’s Wednesday comedy block at 10 PM is ensemble A Million Little Things, which has comedic elements. It replaces canceled drama Designated Survivor. And taking on the often-challenging ABC Tuesday 10 PM slot is new cop procedural The Rookie. While many high-concept dramas have fizzled in the hour over the past several years, it’s worth noting that the two that had performed the best were also crime procedurals, Body of Proof and Forever.

In addition to American Idol and For the People, on the bench for midseason are renewed freshman comedy Splitting Up Together as well as new series The Fix, Grand Hotel, Whiskey Cavalier and The Goldbergs spinoff Schooled.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/abc-schedul ... 202391352/

Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

A Million Little Things is definitely the Libs show of the season

Whiskey Cavalier looks more fun than I thought and Lauren Cohen is a babe, although having not seen the last two seasons of TWD her being in a new show feels like a spoiler

Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 pm
Wallflower

Shack wrote:
Algren wrote:

That's not Matthew Fox

I thought it was at first too from the still. That really looks like him in the picture. But it's the sexy guy from Blacklist.

Is the number of episodes ordered for "Season 2" of Roseanne known yet?

Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Magic Mike wrote:
Shack wrote:
Algren wrote:

That's not Matthew Fox

I thought it was at first too from the still. That really looks like him in the picture. But it's the sexy guy from Blacklist.

Is the number of episodes ordered for "Season 2" of Roseanne known yet?

Thirteen.

Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I would have expected more.

Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

CBS:

MONDAY
8-8:30 PM — THE NEIGHBORHOOD
8:30-9 PM — HAPPY TOGETHER
9-10 PM — MAGNUM P.I.
10-11 PM — Bull

TUESDAY
8-9 PM — NCIS
9-10 PM — FBI (New)
10-11 PM — NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY
8-9 PM — Survivor
9-10 PM — SEAL Team
10-11 PM –Criminal Minds

THURSDAY
8-8:30 PM — The Big Bang Theory
8:30-9 PM–Young Sheldon
9-9:30 PM — Mom
9:30-10 PM — MURPHY BROWN
10-11 PM — S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY

8-9 PM — MacGyver
9-10 PM — Hawaii Five-O
10-11 PM — Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8-9 PM – CRIMETIME SATURDAY
9-10 PM — CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10-11 PM — 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7-8 PM — 60 Minutes
8-9 PM — GOD FRIENDED ME
9-10 PM — NCIS: Los Angeles
10-11 PM — Madam Secretary

Quote:
CBS brass had said they were not happy with the ratings declines on Monday. The night became a clean slate after the network cancelled every show that aired on the night besides The Big Bang Theory, which started there in the fall, and Man with a Plan.

After expanding its Monday comedy block back to two hours the past two seasons, the network is reverting to an hour of comedy followed by action drama – new comedies The Neighborhood and Happy Together (formerly untitled Damon Wayans Jr.) and the Magnum P.I. reboot. The previous CBS Monday 9 PM action drama, Scorpion, which later moved to 10 PM and was canceled last week, will be succeeded at 10 PM by Bull, which is relocating from Tuesday.

Bull is vacating the post-NCIS Tuesday 9 PM slot that had become CBS’ most successful launch pad for new drama series. It will now be used for the new Dick Wolf series F.B.I.

The revival of Murphy Brown, which aired Mondays 9 PM during its original run, will be joining the Thursday lineup, replacing Life In Pieces and following what Kahl called “Prime Chuck block” – the Chuck Lorre comedies The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon and Mom. It will face new NBC Thursday 9:30 PM comedy I Feel Bad, prompting Kahl to call the 9:30 “I Feel Bad for NBC” slot.

The only other change on the CBS fall schedule is new drama God Friended Me, which takes over the 8 PM Sunday slot held by the now-defunct Wisdom of the Crowd last fall. It’s about an atheist who gets friended by God on Facebook, described by CBS executives as echoing Touched by an Angel in a contemporary setting.

Held for midseason are returning series Man with a Plan, Life, Elementary and Instinct as well as new drama series The Code and The Red Line and comedy Fam.

NEW SERIES DESCRIPTIONS

NEW FALL COMEDIES

CBS
HAPPY TOGETHER stars Damon Wayans Jr. and Amber Stevens West in a comedy about a 30-something happily married couple who begin to reconnect with their younger, cooler selves when Cooper (Felix Mallard), an exuberant young pop star drawn to their super-ordinary suburban life, unexpectedly moves in with them. Austen Earl, Tim McAuliffe, Ben Winston, Harry Styles, Michael Rotenberg and Jonathan Berry are executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Phill Lewis directed the pilot from a script by McAuliffe and Earl. HAPPY TOGETHER stars Damon Wayans Jr. as Jake, Amber Stevens West as Claire, Felix Mallard as Cooper James, Stephnie Weir as Bonnie and Chris Parnell as Wayne.

CBS
THE NEIGHBORHOOD stars Cedric the Entertainer as an opinionated neighbor in a comedy about what happens when the friendliest guy in the Midwest moves his family to a neighborhood in Los Angeles where not everyone looks like him or appreciates his extreme neighborliness. When Dave Johnson (Max Greenfield) and his family arrive from Michigan, they’re unfazed that their new dream home is located in a community quite different from their small town. However, their opinionated next-door neighbor, Calvin Butler (Cedric the Entertainer), is wary of the newcomers, certain that they’ll disrupt the culture on the block. Dave realizes that fitting into their new community is more complex than he expected, but if he can find a way to connect with Calvin, they have an excellent chance of making their new neighborhood their home. Jim Reynolds, Aaron Kaplan, Dana Honor (Kapital Entertainment), Wendi Trilling, Cedric the Entertainer, Eric Rhone and James Burrows (pilot) are executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Burrows directed the pilot from a script by Reynolds. THE NEIGHBORHOOD stars Cedric the Entertainer as Calvin, Max Greenfield as Dave, Sheaun McKinney as Malcolm, Tichina Arnold as Tina, Dreama Walker as Gemma, Marcel Spears as Marty and Hank Greenspan as Grover.

CBS
MURPHY BROWN — Multiple Emmy Award winners Candice Bergen and series creator Diane English reunite for MURPHY BROWN, the revival of the groundbreaking comedy about the eponymous broadcast news legend and her biting take on current events, now in a world of 24-hour cable, social media, “fake news” and a vastly different political climate. Amid a divided nation, chaotic national discourse and rampant attacks on the press, Murphy returns to the airwaves with her original FYI team: lifestyle reporter Corky Sherwood, investigative journalist Frank Fontana and producer Miles Silverberg. Murphy’s son, Avery, shares his mother’s competitive spirit and quick wit, and has followed in her journalistic footsteps – perhaps too closely. Now back in the game, Murphy is determined to draw the line between good television and honest reporting, proving that the world needs Murphy Brown now more than ever. Diane English returns as executive producer with Candice Bergen for Bend in the Road Productions, Inc., in association with Warner Bros. Television. English created the series. Pamela Fryman will direct the pilot from a script by English. MURPHY BROWN stars Candice Bergen as Murphy Brown, Faith Ford as Corky Sherwood, Joe Regalbuto as Frank Fontana, Grant Shaud as Miles Silverberg, Jake McDorman as Avery, Tyne Daly as Phyllis and Nik Dodani as Pat Patel.

NEW FALL DRAMAS

Michael Parmelee/CBS
FBI–From Emmy Award winner Dick Wolf and the team behind the “Law & Order” franchise, FBI is a fast-paced drama about the inner workings of the New York office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. These first-class agents bring all their talents, intellect and technical expertise to tenaciously investigate cases of tremendous magnitude, including terrorism, organized crime and counterintelligence, in order to keep New York and the country safe. Craig Turk, Dick Wolf, Arthur W. Forney, Peter Jankowski and Niels Arden Oplev (pilot only) are executive producers for Universal Television in association with CBS Television Studios. Oplev directed the pilot from a story by Wolf and Turk, and a script by Turk. FBI stars Missy Peregrym as Maggie Bell, Zeeko Zaki as Omar Adom “OA” Zidan, Jeremy Sisto as Jubal Valentine, and Ebonée Noel as Kristen Chazal.

Jonathan Wenk/CBS
GOD FRIENDED ME stars Brandon Micheal Hall in a humorous, uplifting drama about Miles Finer (Hall), an outspoken atheist whose life is turned upside down when he receives a friend request on social media from God and unwittingly becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him. After repeated pokes by God, Miles’ curiosity takes over, and he accepts the ultimate friend request and follows the signs to Cara Bloom (Violett Beane), an online journalist. Brought together by the “God Account,” the two find themselves investigating God’s friend suggestions and inadvertently helping others in need. Miles is set on getting to the bottom of what he believes is an elaborate hoax, but in the meantime he’ll play along and, in the process, change his life forever. Steven Lilien & Bryan Wynbrandt, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Marcos Siega are executive producers for Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Siega directed the pilot from a script by Lilien & Wynbrandt. GOD FRIENDED ME stars Brandon Micheal Hall as Miles Finer, Violett Beane as Cara Bloom, Suraj Sharma as Rakesh Singh, Javicia Leslie as Ali Finer and Joe Morton as Reverend Arthur Finer.

Karen Neal/CBS
MAGNUM P.I. is a modern take on the classic series starring Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum, a decorated former Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. A charming rogue, an American hero and a die-hard Detroit Tigers fan, Magnum has Juliet Higgins and her Dobermans to keep him in line, as well as his trusted buddies and fellow POW survivors TC and Rick when he needs back-up on a job. With keys to a vintage Ferrari in one hand, aviator sunglasses in the other, and an Old Düsseldorf longneck chilling in the fridge, Thomas Magnum is back on the case! Peter Lenkov, Eric Guggenheim, Justin Lin, John Davis, John Fox and Danielle Woodrow are executive producers for CBS Television Studios in association with Universal Television. Lin directed the pilot from a script by Lenkov and Guggenheim. MAGNUM P.I. stars Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum, Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins, Zachary Knighton as Orville “Rick” Wright and Stephen Hill as Theodore “TC” Calvin.

NEW MIDSEASON SERIES

CBS
THE CODE is a drama about the military’s brightest minds who take on our country’s toughest legal challenges, inside the courtroom and out, in the only law office in the world where every attorney is trained as a prosecutor, a defense lawyer, an investigator – and a Marine. Operating out of Judge Advocate General Headquarters in Quantico, these active-duty Marines are attorneys who have chosen to serve their country in pursuit of military justice at home and abroad. Craig Sweeny, Marc Webb, Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman and Craig Turk are executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Webb directed the pilot from a teleplay by Sweeny, and story by Sweeny and Turk. THE CODE stars Anna Wood as Major Maya Dobbins, Ato Essandoh as Major Trey Ferry, Phillipa Soo as Lt. Harper Rein and Raffi Barsoumian as Warrant Officer Rami Ahmadi.

CBS
FAM stars Nina Dobrev and Tone Bell in a comedy about a woman whose vision of a perfect life with her adoring fiancé and his wonderful parents is radically altered when her 16-year-old, out-of-control half-sister unexpectedly comes to live with her. As the family Clem (Dobrev) chose and the family she has blend, Clem realizes that this new happy fam may be the perfection she’s always been seeking. Corinne Kingsbury, Bob Kushell, Aaron Kaplan, Wendi Trilling, Dana Honor and Scott Ellis (pilot only) are executive producers for CBS Television Studios in association with Kapital Entertainment. Ellis directed the pilot from a script by Kingsbury. FAM stars Nina Dobrev as Clem, Tone Bell as Nick, Odessa Adlon as Shannon, Brian Stokes Mitchell as Walt and Sheryl Lee Ralph as Rose.

Elizabeth Morris/CBS
THE RED LINE — From acclaimed producers Ava DuVernay and Greg Berlanti, THE RED LINE is a drama that follows the lives of three vastly different Chicago families whose stories of loss and tragedy intersect in the wake of the mistaken shooting of an African American doctor by a white cop. As the stories of the Calder, Young and Evans families crisscross and converge, a message of hope appears – it’s possible to emerge from tragedy stronger, and it’s important to come together with others, not just to survive, but to thrive. Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy Award nominee Ava DuVernay, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter are executive producers, and Caitlin Parrish and Erica Weiss are co-executive producers for Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Victoria Mahoney directed the pilot from a script by Parrish and Weiss. THE RED LINE stars Noah Wyle as Daniel Calder, Emayatzy Corinealdi as Tia Young, Aliyah Royale as Jira Calder-Brennan, Noel Fisher as Paul Evans, Howard Charles as Ethan Young, Elizabeth Laidlaw as Vic Renna, Vinny Chhibber as Liam Bhatt and Michael Patrick Thornton as Jim Evans.

Wed May 16, 2018 8:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

The Neighbourhood and Happy Together look like TBS shows

Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm
Wallflower

Single Parents actually looks cute. Mainly because of Leighton Meester. She's why I'll be watching.

Are old episodes of Murphy Brown streaming anywhere?

Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 am
Wallflower

Never mind. Who knows when/if old Murphy Brown episodes will be available. I choose to believe they will be eventually. Hopefully before the revival.

Here's the hang-up: https://www.google.com/amp/s/decider.co ... brown/amp/

Hopefully someone is willing to shell out the money for the music rights. Sounds complicated and expensive, but I think it would be worth it.

Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 am
Devil's Advocate

The CW:

SUNDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – Supergirl
9:00-10:00 p.m. – CHARMED

MONDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – DC’S Legends of Tomorrow
9:00-10:00 p.m. – Arrow

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – The Flash
9:00-10:00 p.m. – Black Lightening

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – Riverdale
9:00-10:00 p.m. – ALL AMERICAN

THURSDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – Supernatural
9:00-10:00 p.m. – LEGACIES

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 p.m. – Dynasty
9:00-10:00 p.m. – Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Quote:
The next TV season is the last you’ll see with Jane Villanueva and Rebecca Bunch. The CW announced its schedule for the 2018-2019 season today, and in doing so, confirmed speculation that both Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will come to an end next year. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, envisioned by its creators as a four-season show, will start airing that fourth season this fall. Jane the Virgin, which Gina Rodriguez had implied would end after its next season, will start airing its truncated fifth season in midseason, returning along with iZombie, which will also be ending, and The 100.

The network’s fall schedule also includes three new series pickups. The reboot of Charmed will air on Sunday nights, a new night for original programming for the network, after Supergirl. All American, about a football player from Compton who gets recruited into a Beverly Hills team, will air after the all-American shenanigans of Riverdale on Wednesdays. Legacies, a show about the next generation of sexy supernatural beings in the world of The Vampire Diaries, will air after the seemingly deathless Supernatural on Thursdays. The CW’s other new series, including In the Dark, about a blind woman solving crimes, and Roswell, New Mexico, a Roswell reboot, will arrive midseason.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/the-cw-2 ... n-end.html

No trailers for these midseason shows but:

Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]