Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Terror (AMC) 
Pure Phase

Post The Terror (AMC)

I cannot recommend this drama-horror series highly enough. It is incredible. It plays as a blend of Jaws, John Carpenter's The Thing, and Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. It is first and foremost a realistic depiction of the dynamic shared by the desperate crews of two ice-bound British ships in the 1800s, but it also has a foreboding and brutal supernatural component. The sense of isolation and mounting tension is palpable. The acting (by, among others, Jared Harris and CiarĂ¡n Hinds) is first-rate...the cinematography is gorgeous... I love it.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:16 pm
New Server, Same X

Post Re: The Terror (AMC)
I knew if anyone would love this, you would. It really is a remarkable series.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 am
Forum General

Yeah I am also loving this so far. This is my kind of survival horror and it makes it even better that it's a period piece. The ensemble cast is fantastic aswell.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Ok wow never heard of this. On the must see list now.

And an added bonus to see Cirian Hinds and Tobias Menzies re-team once again after Rome where they played Caesar and Brutus (I wont count GOT).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:26 pm
Pure Phase

What a series. One of the best I have ever seen. Surreal, devastating, and beautiful finale.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed May 23, 2018 10:10 pm
Forum General

I really enjoyed this series. Very curious about a Season 2, especially since this felt so much more like a mini series than a prolonged show.

Thu May 24, 2018 11:01 pm
Pure Phase

I believe it is intended as an anthology series (horror-leaning historical drama). So if there is a second season, it would not continue this story in any way.

Fri May 25, 2018 11:35 pm
Forum General

David wrote:
I believe it is intended as an anthology series (horror-leaning historical drama). So if there is a second season, it would not continue this story in any way.

I'd actually love that idea if that's the case. I'd like to see them do a version of something like The Roanoke Colony which seems perfectly suited for this type of show.

Sun May 27, 2018 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]