Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Big Brother 19 
Extraordinary

Post Big Brother 19
Great season premiere. I liked that they got these people to play the game fast and early.

Despite her name being Christmas, I actually think she was my fav from episode one.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Big Brother 19
This season so far is crazy and its only Day 3: :ohmy:

Spoiler: show
Day 1: First house guest evicted. A vet comes in.
Day 2: One of the biggest player meltdowns of all time by Josh
Day 3: Megan has self-evicted from the BB house

Also two showmances already. These people are moving fast. This all happened in the first three days. :hahaha:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Kevin is the houseguest we need, but not the houseguest we deserve. I hope he goes far. At the very least, he has one of the best non-top 2 cash prizes with $25K.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:21 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm largely ignoring feeds news or spoilers, as I just don't have the time or care enough, but based on the CBS edit, Megan seems to be one of the most unjust houseguest crucifixions ever. She was inexplicably berated by Josh, then misheard a racial slur (although calling Alex "Pao Pao" isn't exactly innocent). She had a rough go.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:19 pm
New Server, Same X

Anyone still watching? It's been an exceptional season for me (I even watched a lot of After Dark), but the tide is slowly turning. Jessica is gone, Cody next, someone will be bounced in the double eviction and I'm fearful it's Kevin. The last few After Darks have been mostly anti-Kevin, which is a shame considering how much fun he is and how he genuinely seems to care about most of them.

I don't know why I'm so invested in the season, as I hate most of them, but they're entertaining at least. And I'm done with the notion of veterans playing with newbies. It used to be a negative to come back and play against new people, but it seems to be anything but a negative.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm
New Server, Same X

Seeing these people destroy Kevin's game for no other reason except to create another enemy to mow down is borderline disgusting. Josh is exactly why I love and hate this game. He makes for interesting television, but the tactics he uses are horrible. The way they've all turned on Kevin is insane and cult-like, and is only a result of Paul realizing Kevin would probably win in a final two vote based on his social skills, which took a huge hit since they've derailed him.

I keep waiting for people like Mark, Matt, Raven and Kevin to realize their game went to shit when they started trusting Paul, but I don't think they know or care to know. On one hand, Paul is a genius, Derrick-like mastermind. On the other hand, like Derrick, he's playing with sheep. His game is 100% luck that he got the right cast, and I don't honestly foresee a final three that doesn't include him.

I would root for Raven to win HOH next, but I despise her game. She is the one-two punch of shitty gameplay: driftwood that plays the sympathy card.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:08 pm
New Server, Same X

Wow, I didn't even realize the sick comments Jason made about having sex with Kevin's wife and making his kids watch if he turns on Jason yesterday. Followed today by Alex comparing Kevin to a child molester.

I don't think I've seen a bigger group of disgusting assholes in a while. It's ironic that Paul goes with the Friendship title still, as that is the same name of the alliance in Season 6 that was equally disgusting in their vile comments.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm disappointed Kevin didn't make it to final 2. I loved him but I didn't want him to win, just get the $50K. I really hope he scores the AFP prize. It seems to be between him and Cody at this point.

The final three has a very "misfit toys" vibe. Josh was a target on the first episode being a volatile, unstable houseguest right out the door. Christmas suffered that horrific injury, which honestly probably should have taken her out of the game. And Paul was a veteran, which should have painted a huge target on him but never did with the majority. It's definitely not my final three, but I don't hate any of them. They've played a solid game equally. Personally, I despise what Paul did to Kevin, turning the whole house against him and using him to throw comps, only to cut him at final four. In the game, he played it well.

I don't really know who I want to win. My gut says Paul, because he did play a good game. I can blame dumb houseguests on his control, but it's not his doing to have them all worship him. I just can't get behind what he did personally. Whipping them up into a frenzy about Kevin sucked.

My heart says Josh. He overcame a shit-ton in there, most of it his own doing, and he's in a prime position to win. If he wins final HOH and cuts Paul, it's a no-brainer that he should win. If he wins and cuts Christmas, Paul definitely deserves to win.

Regardless of the outcome, it's been a fucking aces season. I was invested from the very start till the bitter end.

Speaking of misfit toys, I'll be curious to see casting for Celebrity Big Brother. Kathy Griffin... Kelly Osbourne... Stephen Baldwin... I'll be shocked if at least one isn't a part. And I hope they keep it short. A month, six weeks tops.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:13 am
Teh Mexican

Every single person in that house is stupid for letting Paul get that far. Stupid Josh had the chance to take him out and didn't do it.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:59 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

BB20 so far is way less evil and mean than BB19. More traditional BB. Pretty enjoyable, I'd say. Though having a bunch of bros in the house is kind of annoying. I'm curious if BB will ever have a majority POC cast...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 pm
New Server, Same X

This is turning into one of the craziest seasons. Sam really gave no fucks with her HOH win, which is both laudable and cringe-worthy. She would leave everyone guessing with the "We will not discuss nominations" stance until the eviction... but then her nominations speech was incredibly personal. True or not, I don't think it contributes to "female empowerment" to tear down other women and tell them how to behave. Attacking Kaitlyn and Haleigh for being flirts and vowing to protect the "young men" of the house was all kinds of awful. It's going backwards to tell women their place and to not cloud the judgment of men.

Until this week, I was a fan of Sam. I don't dislike her now. And I don't really like or dislike anyone else. It's one of those seasons where I'm not invested in anyone, so it makes it more enjoyable.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:43 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah, Sam's speech was... YIKES. Like, I could see saying that about Kaitlyn, as she has/had a boyfriend, but to attack Haleigh like that? And protect, I assume, Tyler and Brett? Who are doing the same thing?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Oh lord, this week is HIGH DRAMA.

It's insane how the Fessy/Bayleigh/Haleigh/Rockstar/Scottie? group is still intact despite the fact they vote wrong EVERY WEEK and have no idea what is going on and keep attacking each other. It just shows you how dumb the other side is. Tyler appears like he's finally somewhat outed by Haleigh, as I think he has the best chance at winning. Bayleigh and Angela eliminated themselves by being complete dickwads. Tyler seems like a likable Paul. Mostly because he's convincing some really dumb people.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:45 pm
New Server, Same X

Big Brother 21 has got to be the absolute worst casting of any reality show ever. I've never hated an entire group of people more. They are horrific. And I don't even follow any of the live feed updates, so all I'm getting is CBS's happy-go-lucky edit and I still hate them all.

I had high hopes last week when Cliff, Nicole, Jessica and Kathryn all seemed to want to stick together. They had an EASY chance to get rid of a huge threat this week by splitting the vote and having Cliff evict Jack. So they get rid of Bella instead. For that, I lost any gameplay respect for Nicole, Jessica and Kathryn (well Kathryn is playing her own silly game as it is).

And I thought for sure Cliff was going to come through this week, but he became a coward at the hands of Christie and her big power. Should have stuck to his guns and put someone else up from that side.

So now I'm left with rooting for the very people I've hated from the beginning, so that the people I briefly rooted for can realize how dumb they are. The only possible silver lining is if Christie ends up coming alive in the second half of the game and getting out Jackson and Jack. Otherwise it's a long, long summer with a terrible, terrible cast.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:11 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah this season sucks ass. Nicole and Cliff are passable, but what a stupid game move to "stick to your promise" by Cliff. Screw Christie and her "power". Can nobody win? I choose nobody. And holy shit, the first 4 people evicted were minorities. Jeeeeeeeeeeesus.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Well that had plenty to do with Jack I'm sure. Look at the way he talked down to Ovi that time in the storage room. That was ultimate cringe.

Cliff came up big with those wins last week, but he squandered them badly. And how could Nicole not evict Jack on Thursday? I know Bella is a liar and wildly unpredictable, but Jack is Jack. You just catered to the side of the house you're against. It feels like her and Jessica are just playing to make top 10 and that's it. No one on the opposite side is playing to win.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Has BB ever done that where they GRILL an evicted houseguest right on the spot? Not that Jack didn't deserve it, but I hope they at least gave him some sort of heads up like "hey, some of the shit you said is gonna be brought up if you're evicted. FYI!"

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:59 am
New Server, Same X

I haven't seen the eviction yet, but considering they haven't showed any of the problematic stuff on the actual show, what was the point? They just confused some of the viewers who don't watch live feeds or read updates. I'm not saying they shouldn't have done it, but why didn't they show this stuff on the show? They did that to Aaryn a few years ago, but they actually showed some of her nasty comments on the show.

My opinion is overall interest has tanked this year, so they needed to do something fast to garner interest. I haven't followed ratings, but I can't imagine the show is enjoying its highest rated season. They show so many nonsensical moments on the show with this many people left, so I find it hard to believe they couldn't find time to show some of these things that were said before now.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:43 pm
New Server, Same X

If the ambush on Jack and his ensuing reactions were any indication, he's as much of an arrogant prick as I thought. After one of the clips, he spouts a sarcastic "Controversial!" before having a convenient explanation for everything. Blaming others, pretending like threatening violence against anyone is A-OK as long as a houseguest from a previous season said it first, etc etc.

Spoiler: show
And this week has been predictably awful as well. Christie is no longer up for eviction, and either Cliff or Kat is gone. If I had to pick, nix Cliff. Kat provides some oddly funny DR moments. She's a self-aware dingbat and I like that. But if anyone can win HOH this week, it would be Cliff or Kat. I'm not sure what I want at this point.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:06 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah I'm hoping Kat stays, as much as I enjoy Cliff and he's superior at comps... but Kat is so much more enjoyable TV. As likeable as Nicole is, I do find it funny that she is odds on the favorite HG of the season. I guess that's what just being aware of what's going on gets you.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:46 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Ever since Jack left, this season has been pretty enjoyable.

And now that Nicole is finally winning comps, we have the hero to the season.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:20 am
New Server, Same X

A season plagued by awful people taking control early and never letting go was thankfully redeemed by two awesome moments in the finale: Nicole spotting her family in the audience during her exit interview with Julie (the heartfelt reaction is one of the best I've seen on Big Brother); and, of course, Nicole winning AFP, complete with her amazement that she was voted AFP.

I'd like to think Jackson Michie will go home and reflect on this season but I'm sure his family will insulate him from any kind of correction to his character. At least the night he's been dreaming of for 99 days, complete with his confetti wish, was blown apart by Julie throwing down hard on The Jacks, Christie and Nick. Nick especially is a slimeball, doubly so for cheating on Bella and giving a half-assed apology to her. Hey, if the producers are asking you about your relationship with Kat, chances are it's going to be seen on TV, jackass. Big Brother at its heart is a sleazy guilty pleasure. They live for shitty people being shitty.

But I've never seen someone so haunted by their actions. Jackson looked miserable for winning $500K. Even if he learns nothing, he can never relive finale night and it will always be tainted by his own actions coming back on him.

Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yep, the finale was great. Jackson SEEMS like he may make an active effort to be a better person. Unlike the rest of the cast. But Big Brother has been doing a decent job of confronting these situations, even though they still mostly refuse to edit the episodes to show this stuff.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 am
New Server, Same X

Chippy wrote:
Yep, the finale was great. Jackson SEEMS like he may make an active effort to be a better person. Unlike the rest of the cast. But Big Brother has been doing a decent job of confronting these situations, even though they still mostly refuse to edit the episodes to show this stuff.

Yeah, this has been my worst season for keeping up with live feeds updates, so I only had a minimal knowledge of incidents. I don't get why they don't show this stuff on the show if they're going to mention it. It just confuses the TV-only crowd.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:48 am
Extraordinary

Not sure if there's much interest here still of BB25, but a hg has been evicted already. Is that record time?

Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next