Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Blood Drive (SyFy) 
The Wall

Post Blood Drive (SyFy)

Quote:
Set in the dystopian "distant future" of the year 1999, the series features a police officer Arthur Bailey (Alan Ritchson)aka Barbie, forced to partner up with Grace D'Argento (Christina Ochoa), a dangerous femme fatale who has an agenda of her own, as they take part in a death race where the cars run on human blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Drive_(TV_series)

A show with a concept like this should not work at all, but it kind of does??!?! Maybe it's because it's summer and it's hot and the brain doesn't think much, but there's something really enjoyable about this crazy gory show.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Blood Drive (SyFy)
This is my BrainDead so far. BrainDead was a fun summer show last year, but outside of those months, I'm not sure it would have worked. Blood Drive has taken that role this year. It's so fucked up and over the top silly, but it does work in a weird way.

Also really into Dark Matter. Not sure if that's on right now in the US, but Season 3 is about four episodes in here in Canada.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:02 pm
New Server, Same X

I gave up after episode 5, but then I decided to binge the last three episodes on Tuesday and I'm back into it again. I don't think there will be a second season so I'll finish it out. It's still a lot of fun, but my complaint might be the glossy sheen to everything. It's like a Grindhouse flick executive produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. It's too clean looking. There should be a gritty, grimyness to it.

But the fact that it exists is pretty cool.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:32 am
The Wall

The show lost nearly all steam. Having everything being over the top is what made it work in the first couple of episodes, but it feels like despite having a clear idea on the world of Blood Drive, they didn't clearly map it all out story wise. The reveal with Karma was downright stupid even in the context of the show which is on the side of stupid but still fun anyway.

I'll watch the whole season (only one more episode left), but if there's a season 2 (which I doubt) I won't be coming back.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It's a show that would benefit from a binge watch rather than week to week. Half the time, I don't even know what they're going for. I loved it, hated it, loved it, and now I just want it to end.

I didn't even realize each episode paid homage to some subgenre of exploitation films from the 70s. That just makes it more of a misfire.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:22 pm
The Wall

It has been canceled. No surprise there. At least that final shot was glorious.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:53 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Finally watched the finale. Thank god this is gone. I like the idea of what they went for, but it was too fucking all over the place. It should have stuck with a singular, straight-forward story. The genre-hopping wasn't nearly as fun as it sounded. And I honestly thought the show would be one thing and it never was. It was a mess.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 pm
The Wall

I still kind of hope we get a second season on Netflix/Starz or some other channel and have all the nudity this show wanted to show but couldn't.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]