Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Make American Horror Story Great Again 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Make American Horror Story Great Again
This season is officially a bottom of the barrel dumpster fire. I loathe it.

I can't believe how much they're wasting Billie Lourd. And I'm over Evan Peters. Him and his overacting can go.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 pm
Profile YIM
The Wall

They're wasting Billie? She's wasting herself by not being able to act. She's doing the same character as in Scream Queens. Her acting is obviously limited.

They dropped the ball in the finale IMHO. It didn't really hit any point it tried to make.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Yeah the finale was pretty underwhelming which is too bad considering how much I was enjoying the previous episodes. Overall this season was entertaining for the most part, but also a huge mess. It didn't seem like there was any real payoffs to what they were setting up and considering how much time they spent on certain plot lines that's really frustrating.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 pm
New Server, Same X

I enjoyed the season, although I'm not sure it was as much horror as a kind of "true crime"-type season.

Actually, this season was basically one long "For Your Consideration: Lead Actor in a Miniseries, Evan Peters" Emmy reel. Ryan Murphy really wants him to get nominated.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:49 pm
100% That Bitch

He really deserves it .

Actually thias is probably my fave season since Coven

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Anyone watching the new season "Apocalypse". It's a hybrid of Season 3 Coven (which has dominated so far) and Season 1 Murder House (just about linked to that season now).

It has its problems but I like it so far. Shaping up to be in the league of those two seasons with more at stake. Hopefully it avoids being too much of a redux of Coven though.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09 am
New Server, Same X

I only watched Roanoke and Cult, and a few episodes of Hotel, so unfortunately this season is a bit lost on me in that respect. But I'm enjoying it for the most part.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:12 am
Forum General

So far I am liking this quite a bit and I haven't seen any of the seasons its based on. It doesn't look like I have to either which is also cool.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:06 pm
New Server, Same X

They've done a good job making this season open for everyone, but I still wish I had some sort of knowledge of these characters and stories from previous seasons, especially Coven.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:35 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

You can watch this without having seen Coven and Murder House (in some ways it may feel fresher) but I believe it is better to have seen those seasons first.

This new episode at the house basically spoils the key events of Murder House but it is still worth watching. Coven is also a good season and obviously the characters from that season are dominating this season.

Also interesting to see 3 of Sarah Paulson's characters shown so far this season. We've also seen 3 of Evan Peters and 2 of Francis Conroy's characters.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:10 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm not a fan of giving everyone multiple roles. It dilutes the main roles they have. Take Sarah Paulson. They killed her off early, but then just brought back her Coven role. It was expected, but it takes away any impact of the death.

On the plus side, really glad to see Cody Fern get the major role on here. He was fantastic on American Crime Story, and just as good here.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:20 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yes that is ridiculous. I think this is the first season we have seen multiple characters played by the same actor in the same season and it is to the shows detriment.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:31 pm
New Server, Same X

They should just do a whole season that only has Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters play all the characters and get it out of their system.

I think it makes it confusing for casual viewers, not certain of which character Paulson or Peters is playing at a certain point. Not to mention there are a ton of actors that would play the parts instead. I didn't even realize right away that Joan Collins was playing a new character in the latest episode.

I know they've done it before, but it doesn't make it any better.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:07 pm
100% That Bitch

Did anyone catch 1984?
I waited till it was over and started binging it! Up to season 4 and this one is actually fun!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:38 am
Devil's Advocate

Clive Owen to play Bill in Impeachment American Crime Story, Beanie Feldstein as Monica

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:31 pm
Forum General

This was easily one of the best seasons of AHS in a while IMO. I do wish it was longer though and the finale could have been stronger, but overall I really enjoyed this season.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:56 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Looking forward to watching this season of AHS. How would you rank the seasons Dil? Keen to see where this one ranks.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:38 am
100% That Bitch

MadGez wrote:
Looking forward to watching this season of AHS. How would you rank the seasons Dil? Keen to see where this one ranks.

So far, up to episode 4. This is easily the best since Roanoke.

Coven
Asylum
Murder House
1984/ Roanoke

Apocalypse

Cult
Freakshow

And Hotel was so boring that it ranks below the surface so fuck that one

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:13 am
Forum General

MadGez wrote:

Well I haven't seen all the seasons, but for me this season was definitely up there with Murder House for me which is still my favorite season to this day honestly. I actually enjoyed Apocalypse though, but it's definitely better than that and way better than Cult and Freakshow. I want to seriously find the time to check out more seasons of this show, but I already know from the stuff that I've heard that not all of it is going to appeal to me.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:02 pm
New Server, Same X

I feel like the series can get too convoluted at times. Certain typical slasher elements are magnified to ridiculous levels, which didn't work as well for me. But I liked the cast of characters they assembled, even if everyone tends to dial it up way too high at all times. I guess that's what they were going for??

I haven't seen the first four seasons, and I never finished Hotel, but I've never been blown away by any season so far. This is probably my favorite idea for a season. So, there you go. Glowing review.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:39 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
I feel like the series can get too convoluted at times. Certain typical slasher elements are magnified to ridiculous levels, which didn't work as well for me. But I liked the cast of characters they assembled, even if everyone tends to dial it up way too high at all times. I guess that's what they were going for??

I haven't seen the first four seasons, and I never finished Hotel, but I've never been blown away by any season so far. This is probably my favorite idea for a season. So, there you go. Glowing review.

Definitely check out the first three, that's when it was at its best, or at least the first two since the third is really campy which doesn't appeal to everyone. Four was a weak season and that's when it started to lose some buzz, and then after that they didn't have Lange. The second season (Asylum) is probably the most liked overall.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:59 pm
100% That Bitch

Aaaand this might beat Roanoke as the fourth best (really nothing will top the first three seasons) after that finale and everything I actually loved this.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

I really enjoyed 1984. Perhaps the best one after Season 1 for me.

Love the soundtrack and they nail the 80's look and feel (but wouldn't expect any less from Ryan Murphy).

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:49 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Dil wrote:
MadGez wrote:

Well I haven't seen all the seasons, but for me this season was definitely up there with Murder House for me which is still my favorite season to this day honestly. I actually enjoyed Apocalypse though, but it's definitely better than that and way better than Cult and Freakshow. I want to seriously find the time to check out more seasons of this show, but I already know from the stuff that I've heard that not all of it is going to appeal to me.

Yes - Murder House is still my favourite but this is up there with it. Apocalypse was solid too.

Coven was also good for the most part and unlike others I don't hate Hotel. It has its moments.

I did give up on Ranoke and Freakshow though and haven't seen Cult or Asylum.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:51 am
100% That Bitch

MadGez wrote:
Dil wrote:
MadGez wrote:

When did u stop watching Roanoke? That has the best twist I've ever seen on TV and actually makes the show better.
Yes - Murder House is still my favourite but this is up there with it. Apocalypse was solid too.

Coven was also good for the most part and unlike others I don't hate Hotel. It has its moments.

I did give up on Ranoke and Freakshow though and haven't seen Cult or Asylum.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next