Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 "Wolf Creek" 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post "Wolf Creek"

I've started binging this over the weekend. I didn't even know it was a thing until Friday - it's exclusive to Stan's streaming service in Australia at the moment but I'm sure it will be picked up by Netflix or Hulu soon (the protagonist of the series is an American girl so it was clearly produced to have universal appeal). It's super atmospheric and creepy - I was a fan of the original movie and it lives up to it thus far. I've watched 3 of 6 episodes so far and can't wait to see the inevitable showdown between Lucy Fry's character and Mick.

Sat May 14, 2016 9:59 pm
Profile YIM
Pure Phase

Post Re: "Wolf Creek"
It seems great, and I am a fan of the franchise. The first is one of my favorite horror films of the last 20 years. I am excited for the series. Greg McLean needs a bit of redemption after the awful, hyper-generic The Darkness (which co-stars Lucy Fry).

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 15, 2016 12:29 am
Forum General

I'm not a big fan of these movies, but I'll watch it just for John Jarratt. He's awesome as Mick Taylor and I wan't to see if they'll finally give him what he deserves.

Tue May 17, 2016 10:58 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This will air on Pop! TV in the US starting on October 14th.

I finished this and it was a solid series. Very suspenseful. It's a good fit for Netflix or Hulu so hopefully they'll pick up digital rights.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:08 pm
Profile YIM
Pure Phase

I do not get Pop TV. :( Nor have I ever heard of Pop TV... I hope episodes are available to download on Amazon (or stream on Hulu, etc.) soon.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:37 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm sure they will be. Pop airs the Eugene Levy-Catherine O'Hara series "Schitt's Creek" which was available on Amazon/iTunes, and Amazon ended up getting digital rights to.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:10 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

David wrote:
I do not get Pop TV. :( Nor have I ever heard of Pop TV... I hope episodes are available to download on Amazon (or stream on Hulu, etc.) soon.

I hadn't either and just checked and we don't get it. Too bad as this starts airing Friday. I'd love to see it. Wish it would stream on Netflix or Hulu.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 pm
now we know

Quite a bad trailer.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Jesus, I whenever I think I know a lot about television channels and VOD services something like Pop TV turns up... Never heard of it before.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

It used to be the TV Guide Channel before it was rebranded.

They mostly air reality shows and reruns of shows like "Buffy" and "That '70s Show." All their 'originals' are imports. I get it but it's buried deep within the channel listings of my cable service (I think it's like channel 200 or something).

For what it's worth, the season will be available on iTunes as the show airs. You can buy a season pass on there now for $12.99.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:05 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

If that atrocious "Slasher" show can get picked up by Netflix this certainly will find a home somewhere too ;)

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:10 pm
Profile YIM
Pure Phase

Just realized I never posted my thoughts on this.

I thought everyone involved did a great job creating a (small) television series out of the film franchise. It is atmospheric, involving, and paced in a nice, slowly burning way, rendering the go-for-the-jugular moments more startling and dramatic. And Lucy Fry is excellent. She does a terrific job portraying the character's Sarah Connor-style transformation from victim to avenger. My only notable complaint: if they are never going to revisit Fry's character in a second season or a third film, I wish she just succeeded. The easy, "Oh, there is Mick riding into the bush yet again" final shot is a bit deflating and mediocre relative to my investment in her character. And she surely does not believe he is dead when there was no burned corpse pinned to the wall? Which renders her seeming joy and/or satisfaction at the end...odd. I cannot accept the character just saying, "Oh, he is out there and can murder again and again and again, but it felt cathartic to beat him up. I can move on."

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]