Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "Luke Cage" (Netflix) 
You must have big rats

Post Re: "Luke Cage" (Netflix)
I know of five of my friends who have started it, only two actually finished. One has been stuck on epiode 12 for two months now and is not very motivated to finish. All of them loved "Jessica Jones" and "Daredevil".

The plot of the first "Luke Cage" season would have been perfect for a two hour movie. That's how much story it has to tell.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I finished it! Only took me four months. That was one of the most anticlimatic season finales in recent memory.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Method Man's song was great.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:02 am
Indiana Jones IV

MadGez wrote:
Still haven't seen this thanks to all the remarks about it being slow and boring. A shame as I was looking forward to it.

I thought it was slow, but interesting. It felt similar to the other Netflix Marvel shows in tone, but seeped so deep in Harlem/black culture that it was a different beast entirely. Both the characters of the show and the character of Harlem (which should probably get top billing) lift this above its plot which CAN drag from time to time. My only real issue with the show was that I didn't care for Erik LaRay Harvey's character.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 am
The Kramer

Diamondback sucks. Switching villains ruined the show, but its still worth watching for episodes 2-7.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:51 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I hated Diamondback more than any single aspect of "Iron Fist," honestly. I maintain he's the worst Marvel villain ever.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:25 pm
Profile YIM
Indiana Jones IV

He was just so... cartoonish bad guy-y, I very much disliked it. I would have been fine with Cottonmouth dying if they'd simply had Mariah step up afterwards but then Diamondback had to come in and be terrible. I still liked the remaining episodes, but that was despite him and not because of him.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:34 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

As I said in this thread before, he was a glorified Power Ranger. Didn't fit the tone of the show at all.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:46 pm
Profile YIM
Dont Mess with the Gez

the lesser evil wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Still haven't seen this thanks to all the remarks about it being slow and boring. A shame as I was looking forward to it.

I thought it was slow, but interesting. It felt similar to the other Netflix Marvel shows in tone, but seeped so deep in Harlem/black culture that it was a different beast entirely. Both the characters of the show and the character of Harlem (which should probably get top billing) lift this above its plot which CAN drag from time to time. My only real issue with the show was that I didn't care for Erik LaRay Harvey's character.

I'm glad i finally watched this. Agree completely with your comments.

Perhaps my expectations were lowered but i found it quite engrossing despite being slow. Cottonmouth was very good as the villain and certainly better than Diamondback (his motivations were silly) so it was a shame to lose him. Loved the Harlem vibe and throwbacks to 70's blacksploitation films. Colter is very likeable as Luke Cage even though he's different here than he was in JJ. Certainly a welcome entry into the Marvel/Netflix universe.

Oh...and more Misty please!!

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:31 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Just finished Season 2. Have to say I loved it. An improvement over the first season in that the highs are higher and this moves more briskly than the first season.

Alfre Woodard shines in her villainous role and she chews up the scenery. Bushmaster is a nice addition. Could have been a 2 dimensional villain but certainly ends up being much more. Certainly leagues ahead of Diamondback.

Theo Rossi as Shades probably steels the season - which is hard to do considering the great cast of characters this season.

The music remains a high point especially with the reggae infusion.

All in all - great season. Luke is left in a very interesting and unexpected place which will certainly test him. Hope for another season ASAP.

I'd put this up there with Season 1 of Daredevil among the Netflix/Marvel seasons.

Rankings

1. Daredevil S1
2. Luke Cage S2
3. The Punisher S1
4. Jessica Jones S1
5. Luke Cage S1
6. Daredevil S2
7. Iron Fist S1
8. The Defenders S1
9. Jessica Jones S2

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:25 am
Forum General

I enjoyed Season 2, but it's nowhere near as good as the first half of Season 1 IMO. Where this season really excels though is in the character development department because Theo Rossi and Alfre Woodard got some great material to work with, especially Woodard. Bushmaster was a really solid villain as well.

I guess when it comes down to the season overall my biggest complaint would be it just felt like not a whole lot actually happend, but I liked how it ended and I'm definitely looking forward to Season 3.

My Rankings:

1. DDS1
2. DDS2
3. Punisher S1
4. JJS1
5. LCS1
6. Defenders S1
7. LCS2
8. JJS2
9. IFS1

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:43 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

The first half of Season 1 is great but the second half does let it down - thanks to the villain swap. But two good seasons overall.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2