Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Stranger Things (Netflix) 
Hold the door!

Post Re: Stranger Things (Netflix)
The girl in the Logan trailer reminds me of Eleven.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 pm
Extraordinary

Dang, Halloween? Weird that Netflix would shell the money for this so far in advance but I guess they have the means.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:37 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Season 2 trailer...

Holy fuck this looks so good. I'm so excited.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:54 pm
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

Excellent trailer. I really hope they don't hit a sophomore slump, but the trailer is everything they needed it to be and more.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:32 pm
Hold the door!

Hopefully I fall in love with it this season after liking but not loving last season.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:01 pm
The Dark Knight

Can't wait but still mad they made a season 2 because season 1 was perfect.

Always be proactive

Animals are gods

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I really want to love this series, but the first season was so overhyped IMO. That being said that Comic-Con trailer is AWESOME, and gets me pretty hyped for this season. Halloween is such the perfect time to release it as well.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:41 pm
The Kramer

It is showing just how in demand this type of storytelling is right now. Season 2 is gonna be massive.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:13 am
Devil's Advocate

Yea this is going to be massive and own social media, and is proof that Game of Thrones is not the last "TV monoculture" show (one everyone can group together for instead of just watching their own niche thing) like some critics were trying to say.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:43 am
The Wall

Shack wrote:
Yea this is going to be massive and own social media, and is proof that Game of Thrones is not the last "TV monoculture" show (one everyone can group together for instead of just watching their own niche thing) like some critics were trying to say.

There is a difference. GOT holds audiences for weeks due to its episode/per/week format. Every week there is a buildup for every viewer and you know the time it premieres.

Stranger Things will blow out in two/three weeks after it premieres because everyone will binge it. Especially now that everyone knows about Stranger Things. I personally don't like it because everyone will feel the need to be the first to know how it ends and there will be spoilers everywhere from day 1. There's only one buildup and that's the date the whole show premieres. There's no time in-between episodes to go and talk online/with you friends about each and every episode. There's a pressure you have to watch it in one take.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:37 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

I do think that GOT is the last TV monoculture in a traditional sense of watching a show week to week.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

_axiom wrote:
Shack wrote:

There is a difference. GOT holds audiences for weeks due to its episode/per/week format. Every week there is a buildup for every viewer and you know the time it premieres.

Stranger Things will blow out in two/three weeks after it premieres because everyone will binge it. Especially now that everyone knows about Stranger Things. I personally don't like it because everyone will feel the need to be the first to know how it ends and there will be spoilers everywhere from day 1. There's only one buildup and that's the date the whole show premieres. There's no time in-between episodes to go and talk online/with you friends about each and every episode. There's a pressure you have to watch it in one take.

Agree completely. I like the availability of episodes all at once but it does impact the water cooler type discussion that is seen with traditionally aired shows like GoT.

And as good and popular as ST is, it certainly isn't on the same scale as GoT in terms of popular culture impact.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:57 am
Forum General

_axiom wrote:
Shack wrote:

Yes, I hate the Netflix binge release platform for precisely this reason.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's back, it's back, it's back! :D

I'm so excited to binge this this weekend!

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:00 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

THIS SEASON IS SO GOOD. I love it so much. I'm on the finale right now and Noah Schnapp is blowing my mind - he's amazing!

Also Sean Astin was incredible!

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:35 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I just openly cried at the school dance scene. That was so sweet.

I just adore these characters. They are so wonderful.

I can't wait for season 3.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:39 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm starting over again lol. God bless this show.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:49 pm
Profile YIM
100% That Bitch

This season was so good. I cannot believe how good these kids are, especially Dustin and WILL. omg

They can act

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 am
Extraordinary

I thought it was a great season. I loved Eleven's story arc, and yeah the dance seen at the end was very sweet.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

This season was great. I definitely enjoyed it more than the first, especially with how faster paced it was. The standouts are easily the kids who play Dustin and Will, but Astin, Harbour and Ryder were great too. I also ended up really liking Paul Reiser's character. Most people are complaining at the displacement of episode 7, but honestly I didn't mind it and look forward to seeing how they set up more of that mythology in future seasons.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:49 pm
The Kramer

Four eps in thoughts;

Justice for Barb has been annoying from the start, but I guess it gives Jonathan and Nancy something to do.

Dusty has also been annoying, we know that the only animal from the Upside Down was an unstoppable killing machine and he lets another one loose on the world? Good job bro.

Max and her crazy brother are OK, certainly more useful as new charactees than Sean Astin. I'm thinking they are connected to Friendly Mad Scientist in some way.

Eleven and Hopper are the best part again. Winona has been alot better this year and Will's progress through his story has been interesting.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 pm
The Kramer

5 and 6 were both great. The weak storylines both amended themselves with the oddball pairing of Dusty/Steve and Jonathan/Nancy finally hooking up.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 pm
The Wall

Finally got around to watching season 2 and man it was awesome. I might even prefer it than the first season. I liked how the "stranger things" happening took a slight backseat to these characters and their (mostly love) interactions. I loved that now that we know all of these characters we can enjoy what happens with their personal lives in the most cliched and most satisfying 80's way possible.

Also episode 7 was a total trainwreck (see what I did there :P). The idea of it isn't bad, but the execution was really terrible. Everything happened too fast - Eleven finds her mother just to leave her the next day to find some random girl her mother remember being with her in a room when she was very young. And 8 turns out to be a vendetta loving criminal who teaches Eleven the importance of caring for your friends and finding your own place among people. It was all too rushed and too underdeveloped. I also wasn't a fan of how Heroes-feeling that episode was.

Can't wait for season 3!

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Loved the Season 2 but I thought first was much better. Still looking forward to Season 3.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4