Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Fear the Walking Dead (Season 2) 
Pure Phase

Post Fear the Walking Dead (Season 2)

I highly enjoyed the first episode of the second season. The yacht is a claustrophobic and unique setting. I am eager to see where it goes (including meeting the man on the other end of the radio). Frank Dillane's Nick may be my favorite current character from the entire Walking Dead franchise alongside Daryl. Alicia and Strand are terrific, too.

I honestly am more invested right now in this series than its progenitor.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:07 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Fear the Walking Dead (Season 2)
I'm interested in the series and it's one of the shows I follow and dvr. I just want to know more about what happened and how things went down in this zombieverse because in TWD it skips all that business. I was disappointed that we haven't learned more. It kind of jumped to military zones really fast and now we are roaming about on a boat.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:25 am
New Server, Same X

This show is terrifically understated. TWD is an addictive soap opera, whereas Fear is actually scary and unsettling, which is exactly what a zombie show should be.

Also, I'm just watching last week's show. I'm assuming the pre-title scene follows the web series that aired between seasons? Is this the first time a web series had any bearing on a show? Usually they're self-contained and unnecessary to watch. Now I'm kind of wishing I hadn't skipped it.

Sun May 01, 2016 4:33 pm
New Server, Same X

Caught up on all three episodes for this season. Man, it's so fucking refreshing to see a show use their characters properly. I mean, I love TWD, but every character has become a cartoon version of themselves. And it's genuinely unsettling at times.

I was honestly ready to write this show off because I didn't like the direction Season 1 took in the last two or three episodes, but I was wrong. I love Fear.

Sun May 01, 2016 6:56 pm
Extraordinary

I liked this episode. Strand and the guy from MI2! I was like Ahhhhhh. That was interesting. I think he'll do anything to get rich. I don't know if it's good for them to be running into bad groups like that. That just reminds me of TWD. Let's see where their survival takes them without these random villains.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sun May 01, 2016 11:07 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Strand had a really strong episode.

I think Nick is my favorite character on either show.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon May 02, 2016 10:13 am
Pure Phase

This series catches so much shit online. I do not get it. I believe it is in a very healthy place creatively and find every episode involving and suspenseful.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 08, 2016 11:05 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I agree, but it is also very safe and there are a lot of "that was easy" kind of wrap ups. The character beats are fine though.

I give them points for locking a pregnant lady up to die this week though. But if someone took my steak...

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue May 10, 2016 2:07 pm
New Server, Same X

Anyone still watching? Just caught up on this week's Nick episode. I really dig the show a lot, it's a nice change of tone from TWD. But, I'm not a big fan of introducing an entire community. That feels too TWD for me. I enjoyed the show because it really stayed central to these characters for the most part, rather than stick them in a single environment for an extended period of time. It's only early into the run, but still.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:44 pm
Pure Phase

I watch the show, and I enjoyed the mid-season premiere very much. Intimate and suspenseful.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:10 am
Devil's Advocate

While it still does well compared to non zombie AMC shows, the ratings for this are in a freefall. Like others I connect more to the original series characters. The Walking Dead is about people not zombies.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:30 pm
New Server, Same X

Wow, what a crazy two hour finale. That's possibly better than anything TWD has done for a finale. They (apparently) killed off a main character, Chris, and the consequences of that death caused Travis to go Full Grimes and kill two guys. Then Alicia killed someone to save Travis. Unlike TWD, where the characters sometimes feel like superheroes more than anything, the one thing Fear gets right is that the characters feel real and genuine. Sometimes I lose track of who's who beyond the main people, but it still feels a bit more real and is definitely different tonally from TWD.

I'm a bit unconvinced that Chris actually died. Seems like a big enough death that they should have shown it in real time and not supposed flashbacks from two unreliable sources. The character sucked, but it was still ballsy to off him.

I'm definitely feeling invested with Fear right now. I hope Season 3 keeps going strong.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:58 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I REALLY enjoyed this season. If we compared the strength of Season 2's between Fear/TWD... Fear wins by a fucking landslide.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:11 pm
New Server, Same X

I still have a strong attachment to TWD and its characters and I have faith that the show could rebound this season, but I agree with Fear. It's a really, really good show. It's just a minor step away from being a really smart zombie show.

My only issue is that I don't have a major grasp on the characters outside of the family, more or less.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:40 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Umm... the first two episodes of Season 3 were so damn good. If this continues to get better like TWD did, this could become an all time great show.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 am
New Server, Same X

Fucking excellent show so far. Again, I love/hate TWD, but Fear is the zombie show I've wanted all along. It's smart, it's tense, it's bloody without being excessively gory like TWD. The character development still lacks slightly, but they're getting stronger. And the decision to put Madison, Alicia and Nick in this new setting is expertly done so far. Unlike TWD, which feels often like they're just going through the motions with different settings, Fear creates a very real environment for the characters.

Spoiler: show
Killing off Travis was the best decision to make. I have a ton more investment in Madison, Alicia and Nick now. I didn't hate Travis as a character, but it makes the core group a lot tighter, while freeing up space for new characters.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

The dude getting pulled through the wall after the rats all came through was A+++++. Might be my favorite TWD/FTWD kill ever.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:01 am
Pure Phase

This season is very exciting so far. I am much more invested in these characters at this point in their journey than Rick and co.'s feud with Negan.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:41 pm
New Server, Same X

Another excellent episode. Fear is quickly surpassing TWD with each episode. It's just a more interesting take on the zombie idea. It almost makes me hate the original's notion that a zombie drama is just our core group finding other groups and needing to eliminate them. Take out one group, move on to the next. Fear is developing its characters, almost on a Vince Gilligan level, whereas TWD develops characters almost accidentally, mainly based on the actors and not the writing.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]