Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Better Call Saul: Season 2 
New Server, Same X

Post Better Call Saul: Season 2
Anyone else watching?

I love it. The slow burn is really working on me. Everyone seems obsessed with "When will Jimmy become Saul Goodman?!" but it's so much more than that now. And besides, he's been Saul all along. Adopting the name will be an afterthought. I'm more interested in what happens between him and Kim Wexler. My theory is that at some point in the "present day", post-BB scenes, he will seek out Kim, which may end up being his undoing.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:05 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Better Call Saul: Season 2
Yes. I am watching and loving it. Its definitely no BB but still a GREAT show.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:37 am
New Server, Same X

This is a disclaimer that things will be spoiled that have happened so far.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:59 am
New Server, Same X

The cameos so far have been great and feel very organic. It feels right that we're getting a bit more story out of the Salamanca clan. But even better were the other BB characters showing up, like Lawson the weapons dealer, and especially Ken the Stockbroker, who goes back all the way to Season 1 of Breaking Bad.

I'm assuming it'll be a bit further down the road but we'll definitely see Gus Fring again too.

I can't think, are there any other TV shows (or movies, for that matter) that goes back in time like this and features so many characters whose fates we already know? It's crazy watching Mike and Hector interact together and to stop and think for a second that we know how each of them dies on Breaking Bad.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:02 pm
Sbil

The last two episodes have been fantastic. Everyone knows Odenkirk and Banks are tremendous, but the MVP of this season so far might be Rhea Seehorn. She manages to make Kim say so much without actually saying all that much.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:48 pm
New Server, Same X

Rhea Seehorn's Kim is very similar, for me, to Anna Gunn's Skyler. The first few seasons, she felt really underwritten (I hate to use the term "poorly written" with Vince Gilligan), but really flourished later on. Kim was kind of a non-entity, except a few scenes, in Season 1. But this has definitely been a strong season for the character and especially Rhea for her portrayal.

I'm still amazed how Vince and Co. have been able to replicate the brilliance of Breaking Bad in a completely new way. I dare say that Better Call Saul often surpasses Breaking Bad in the drama department, but of course it has a long way to go to be as good as Breaking Bad. I doubt that will happen, but Breaking Bad is a lot to live up to. Currently my second favorite show of all time. But Saul is on the right track to make the same list eventually.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:05 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Another great episode, Rhea and Kim are doing REALLY well in this sometimes over-shining Odenkirk. For a second I thought Jimmy will finally start marketing himself as Saul.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:39 am
New Server, Same X

Just finished the season. Just a terrific ride from start to finish. The brilliant development of Jimmy, Kim and Chuck juxtaposed against the very-Breaking Bad-esque storyline of Mike against the Salamancas. I find myself rooting so badly for Jimmy McGill to succeed, especially with his partnership, personally and professionally, with Kim Wexler.

And unlike Walter White, who gradually deteriorated as the series progressed, I'm actually feeling like Jimmy is becoming more sympathetic. He does so many shady things, but so much of what he does is for Kim and his brother. Even when he screwed over Chuck and Howard, once his brother had that episode, he wanted to care for him and about him. And it's this sympathy I have for Jimmy that is really conflicting and brilliant at the same time, because we know Jimmy eventually becomes Saul Goodman, and we know that transformation has something to do with Chuck or Kim or both. Like Breaking Bad, I don't think Better Call Saul will have a happy ending, whether it's the current timeline or the post-Bad scenes that we've seen at the start of each season. And my theory still stands that in those future scenes, Jimmy is going to seek out Kim, and that may become his downfall. Even though we only get the professional side of Saul Goodman on Breaking Bad, I honestly don't think she's any part of his life there.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:49 am
New Server, Same X

Did anyone watch Season 3? I'll "spoiler" the ending for anyone browsing without having seen it.

Spoiler: show
Just watched the finale. Man, after what was a stellar season, I can't help but think Chuck McGill's demise might be the most tragic thing I've witnessed on either show. He was obviously an antagonist, both to the show and Jimmy's life, but like all characters in this universe, it wasn't so cut and dry. Chuck was deeply flawed and mentally unstable. I feel so conflicted. I love how the show sent him off, but I'm so sad for the character. More so than any other BB/BCS character thus far.

Now that the Chuck storyline is resolved, I'm most interested to see where Jimmy and Kim end up, in the grand scheme of things.

The Hector storyline progressed almost too easily. I expected Nacho to not survive the finale. I hope there's more to that. And I hope there are Emmys for Mark Margolis (for guest) and Michael McKean (for supporting). Both were excellent this season.

I'm also curious how the show plans to bridge the gap between Jimmy and Saul. I saw major strides all season towards Saul, most of which seemed to be undone by the finale. Chuck's death especially will likely have an adverse reaction for Jimmy. I'm not complaining about a clear ending not being in sight, but I don't want the show to go on longer than Breaking Bad.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 pm
Extraordinary

Giancarlo was in Taps... what. Just finished watching and there he was in the credits. Wow

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]