Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Late Night discussion thread 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Late Night discussion thread
Has anyone been watching The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper? It's a Colbert Report for the Alex Jones era. It's of course not as brilliant as Colbert Report, but it's only two shows in. I really like it. I've missed that Colbert style since it ended in 2014, the tongue-in-cheek spoof of the right. And it's a natural progression to spoof the Alex Jones type shows.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:29 am
Cream of the Crop

David Letterman on Howard Stern in August 2017.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:58 am
now we know

The worst late night US host is Craig Ferguson. Can't stand him. He doesn't interview guests at all. He leers over female guests, and basically talks absolute crap as he fumbles through it all. In fact, I'm surprised he isn't being accused of sexual harassment.

The best late night US host that I am familiar with was David Letterman. The best current one, and one that I see as the main one, is Jimmy Kimmel.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Conan came back last night with a reduced, 30-minute format. For all the build-up, I was expecting something drastically different, but it was basically just a downsized version of his TBS show. It's not a huge complaint, I think Conan is the best of the current late night hosts, but for all the talk of moving away from late night talk show conventions, it felt less like a revamped show and more like a show that's been demoted, which is what I assumed all along. I know it was only the first one under the new format, but I'd like a little more tweaking.

And as much as I love Conan and Andy together, this felt like the right time to get rid of Andy.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Devil's Advocate

So apparently Fallon is fighting for his job now? I didn't realize it was that bad, he is getting beat by Colbert but is still easily second. Trump just ruined him

Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 am
New Server, Same X

Lights Out With David Spade premiered Monday night as the next in a long line of post-Daily Show tryouts. I like Spade and the show has a decent vibe to it. I'm not sure David Spade getting his own late night show in 2019 is the smartest idea, but I'm not against it. It was smart for Comedy Central to ditch doing another politics-heavy show at least, it hasn't worked out since Colbert.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:05 pm
New Server, Same X

Four weeks in and I really dig Lights Out With David Spade. I'm probably just showing my age, because I'm sure anyone under 30 would think the show sucks for its lack of viral moments or star power or political humor. But that's why it works for me. I'm burnt out completely on the same tired politics on every single late night show. Spade is funny on his own, his style is always amusing, and the panel of comedians is good (although they tend to feel "scripted" funny sometimes, like their answers are pre-prepared for topics).

I doubt the show will last though for the reasons listed above. This is definitely for a very specific audience that watched Spade and his cast on SNL (he's already had Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Kevin Nealon, Rob Schneider and Dana Carvey on the show).

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:13 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Elmo is getting his own talk show on HBO Max.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15