Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Anyone here watch Shark Tank? 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Anyone here watch Shark Tank?
I started watching the show a few months ago and recently I've been catching up on previous seasons via YouTube. In my opinion it's one of the best, if not my favorite reality TV show on at the moment.

I think what makes it work is that there really is no manipulation to try and grab ratings or cater to someone just because of their story. It is what reality TV should be, rewarding at times but also cruel and realistic when need be. I believe that is what is helping the show grow to it's biggest audience despite being around a few years. Plus, there are some really great products introduced on the show even if they aren't picked up by the Sharks.

Most of the sharks I'm fine with and I'm glad there is a bit of switching around here and there so it is not the same exact 5 for every single episode. I feel if I were ever to go on the show (though I really don't have the entrepreneurial drive), I believe Robert or Mark would be the best to work with because they seem to have the best idea about where to take a business and also would most likely be the easiest to work it. The one change I would make for the show though is to get rid of Kevin O'Leary. He's just turned into the asshole of the show and I feel he could hurt the show in the future.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: Anyone here watch Shark Tank?
I'm normally not one for any of these reality/competitive shows (wasn't even the biggest fan of The Apprentice back in the day), but I really enjoy this one.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm
---------

Love this show. :thumbsup: It's got great sharks/hosts, great or ridiculous pitches, and interesting products.

I still haven't seen any shrimp burgers in my grocery store though!!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 am
Sbil

I watch it from time to time. It's pretty enjoyable.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 pm
Extraordinary

I love it.

A
Mr. wonderful is supposed to be a bit of an assy shark. His deals are always asking for some royalty. He seems most difficult to make a deal with. Mark and Laurie are most likely to invest imo.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:09 pm
now we know

Yes.

I love the show. Much better than the British version, Dragon's Den. The deals are better, the sharks are better, the likelihood of a deal is greater, and the show is just more alive. I love Mark Cuban. He's my favourite shark. He is direct, no messing, and he's fair, with no stupid loan-royalty deals. He usually just offers cash for equity. He's also the richest shark. It's not even close. He's worth $3.3 billion, whereas the next richest is Kevin with $250 million. Daymond is worth $200m. Lori is worth just $50m. Barbara is worth $80m. Robert is worth around $100m, if I remember correctly.

Robert often acts like a petulant child. He hates being in the shadow of the other sharks. Let's face it, most entrepreneurs want Mark Cuban to invest. And Robert hates it when he makes an offer and they want to see offers from other sharks before they decide. He'll say something like "What am I, chopped liver??", and he'll go out unless they immediately take his deal. Then there's Barbara. I actually like her, but she never invests in anything unless she spreads the risk with Mark. Daymond is cool, not much to say about him. Kevin is an utter prick. I get that it's a shark tank, but he is intolerably rude. A jerk. Mark proves that you do not need to be an asshole just because you have some money. And he calls himself "Mr. Wonderful". What type of moron does that? And his catchphrases are getting tired. "You're dead to me" is ridiculous and childish. His arrogance is staggering. He thinks he is so clever, but he does not have a tenth of the respect that Mark or Robert has. I like Lori too. But she is pretty much just looking for products to sell on QVC.

Great show. I don't know what season I am watching or how much of the show I have watched. I just keep watching pitches on YouTube and skip when I have seen them before, and I still keep finding new ones. It's a great reality TV programme because it's not fake and it doesn't feature talentless morons like other reality shows. Plus, it's about business. And it's shallow enough for me and millions of others to understand it.

I like the show so much that I am even going to buy Cuban's book, How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It. I am very interested to read his thoughts, and who knows...it may even motivate me to do things (not necessarily entrepreneurial). Funny that all the sharks have books available. I wouldn't be interested in the others.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Nice review, I haven't watched enough of it to give a full fledged opinion about each shark. I have enjoyed the clips on YouTube I've found too. It's pretty entertaining and interesting to watch the pitches and the sharks take on them.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:10 am
On autopilot for the summer

I've based my entire persona of Algren on Mr. Wonderful.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:00 pm
---------

Cuban does make the entire show. Lori is my 2nd favorite.

Great call on Robert's petulance. I hate when he refuses people the chance to listen to everyone's offers.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:05 pm
now we know

This guy is approaching legend status.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:47 am
Profile WWW
now we know

One thing I dislike about the show is how the sharks are all so narrow-minded. They are not interested in making small profits (profit is still profit) with businesses that will never become Apple (not every business can be Apple but there are tons of great businesses out there that make good profits). They want great products that already sell millions worth, have no debt on the company, have products in the pipeline, and then they want 25% equity for $300k. It's ridiculous. Almost no company is like that, and if they, they don't need investment.

There was this great Budsies company and they all lambasted the poor guy because he wouldn't be able to scale. But that was the whole point. His business was about unique one-of-a-kind products. He had manufacturing already set up, so he while the idea wasn't scale-able, it doesn't need to be in order to make money. They just didn't get that at all. He still proved that he could make hundreds of thousands. He had a proven model. Great product. Nostalgic idea. But the sharks do not have scope. They are merely looking for the next Uber where they invest a bit of money, do no work, and get a huge cheque when the company is sold to a worldwide brand.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]