Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "Alias" in uncertain times 
Full Fledged Member

Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

MrX gets weirder with every post, his response to me made no sense.

Anyway back on track...the direction Abrams wants to take Alias seems great. I just have a feeling that it's not easy to divide time between two major series like he will be doing. I hope it works out, and I also hope Lost doesn't suffer from the multi-tasking.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:27 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

MrX gets weirder with every post, his response to me made no sense.

Anyway back on track...the direction Abrams wants to take Alias seems great. I just have a feeling that it's not easy to divide time between two major series like he will be doing. I hope it works out, and I also hope Lost doesn't suffer from the multi-tasking.

Well Arch, you say they should cancel Alias. First, that's ludicrous. Then, Jennifer isn't a real movie star? I'm not going to beg to differ, because... oh wait, there's NO evidence for one side or the other! She co-starred in most of her movies, and only starred in 13 Going on 30 so far, which wasn't a flop by any means, but it sure wasn't a hit. I'm just saying, don't say one thing, and make it sound like it's the bible truth. I didn't say she is, did I? Because no one knows! If she turns out a few flops, then say it. But don't see it before she even starts making a few movies.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:46 pm
Full Fledged Member

"13 Going on 30" was definately a critical hit for Jennifer Garner. The box office performance was above $55m, she opened a role which undoubtably fell on her back to over $21m and supported it in face of MAJOR competish from Mean Girls. And for a movie which cost $37m to make thats not bad at all. Furthermore its offshores performance was long and very very leggy, with great grosses from UK, France, Australia and Germany and its one of the biggest comedies in ages in South Africa. Its international perf was exceptional considering its low theater counts.
"13" is also one of the biggest hits on rentals and sales this year. Its one of the top 5 renters [if im not mistaken] and is going to outrent 50FD and ALONG CAME POLLY. Add the Coke deal in and "13" is one of Revolutions most profitable movies for the year.

Jennifer meanwhile is starring in Elektra and a potential oscar nominee in Catch and Release next year. Even Steven Speilberg thinks Jennifer is destined for big things, and nearly every major review of 13 going on 30 commented on her star quality and excellent performance. So why not? Why cant she big a real movie star?

Plus id rather see LOST suffer than ALIAS, i mean ALIAS was there first.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

Guys I was expressing my opinion. I can't put IMHO at the end of very sentence. :lol: Just assume it's there ok? :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Guys I was expressing my opinion. I can't put IMHO at the end of very sentence. :lol: Just assume it's there ok? :lol:

:lol: Good enough, Archie.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:10 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

They'll find a time slot for it I'm sure.

I'd be more worried about it getting cancelled after this season if it does'nt pull in high enough ratings, now that Desperate Housewives and Lost are both big hits.

I'm sure Alias could do kinda well after either show. I mean Boston Legal isn't exactly a breakout hit...

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

They'll find a time slot for it I'm sure.

I'd be more worried about it getting cancelled after this season if it does'nt pull in high enough ratings, now that Desperate Housewives and Lost are both big hits.

I'm sure Alias could do kinda well after either show. I mean Boston Legal isn't exactly a breakout hit...

Yeah.Boston Legal isn't doing so well..The Alan Shore character is a louse and his redeeming feature on the practice last year was that he was fighting for the little guy, that he was putting his sordid past to a good cause, it made the character exciting.

But this new Boston Legal show blows, I've tried to watch it and it's just a boring mess. Without the redemption aspect that the character had on the Practice, he's not much fun to watch anymore.

*IMHO* lol.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

Well, like some of you have mentioned, MNF will end at around the same that Alias will premier, so I suppose ABC could put it on Monday's at 9 :?

Personally, though, I love this show. If it were up to me, I'd go out of my way to make sure that it has the best time slot possible :D The newly plumb post-Desperate Housewives slot (Sundays at 10) would be great. However, I think it would also do well after Lost (Wednesdays at 9). It could definetly take down The West Wing in 18-49 y/os and the Lost lead-in would provide it with its target demo.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

I've never seen an episode of the show (Though I plan to get the DVDs and hopefully become hooked like all my friends have), but if it's not going to be getting back it's time slot that Desperate Housewives has become a major hit in, I think it being put on Wednesdays after Lost would be ABC's best bet. The Bachelor is failing, and I believe it's coming to an end soon, from all the commercials I see that the old dude is making his decision in 4 weeks or something, so they should just put Alias in that time slot and it'd be a great block of television for ABC's Wednesday night.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:35 pm
Full Fledged Member

Korrgan. If you dont orgasm on the spot as soon as the ALIAS Title credits role. Then i can guarantee by the end of season one youll never need for sex, chocolate or alcohol ever again.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

You lot are going to flame me, but I think this Alias show is an almost direct rip-off of the La Femme Nikita series that I loved! It just has some minor differences. La Femme Nikita was a better programme to me and Peta Wilson was a much hotter operative too! The Michael character rocked power hard too and the whole Section One scenario was way cooler! :wink:

'The stars in the sky...
Bring tears to my eyes...
They're lighting my way... tonight.

And I haven't felt so alive..
In years.'

MOS

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

You lot are going to flame me, but I think this Alias show is an almost direct rip-off of the La Femme Nikita series that I loved! It just has some minor differences. La Femme Nikita was a better programme to me and Peta Wilson was a much hotter operative too! The Michael character rocked power hard too and the whole Section One scenario was way cooler! :wink:

Lol i wont flame you, your entitled to your opinion.
But i have to tell you that IMHO
Peta Wilson is totally butch. I thought she was a tranny at first
And the show is of laughable stature, pace and quality. Literally i did laugh. And this is coming from a fan of "Sunset Beach"

Seriously though. Alias has transformed the spy genre to something much cooler.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Mirûvor wrote:

Lol i wont flame you, your entitled to your opinion.
But i have to tell you that IMHO
Peta Wilson is totally butch. I thought she was a tranny at first
And the show is of laughable stature, pace and quality. Literally i did laugh. And this is coming from a fan of "Sunset Beach"

Seriously though. Alias has transformed the spy genre to something much cooler.

Butch? Tranny? Come on, no one needs to really go there! We are judging the selective programmes, not the actors personal lives or what they may seem to be to you! And, just for your appeasement, Peta is a perfectly heterosexual woman! In fact, she dated and lived with the director of La Femme Nikita, Damian Harris (son of Sir Richard) for over eight years! It shouldn't matter, but I suppose it does to some! :roll:

Since when does having a sultry voice and athletic build automatically committ one to being something that they may not be? Surely, we are all more educated than that!

As you said, it all comes down to a matter of personal choice! I think Nikita was better and a trendsetter for latter programmes such as Alias! All Alias has done is exemplified and flattered how well Nikita was by mimicing a lot of it! The LFN show was well-paced, there was much quality, and they had some excellent episodes and seasons! I think many would agree, so much so, that when it was cancelled thousands upon thousands of fans wrote in and they brought it back for one final season! I can only hope that a movie will be in the works one year soon..complimenting the original French movie in which the series was based off of in the first place!

Ta and nice talking with you, btw! :)

Peta Wilson rocks power hard!

'The stars in the sky...
Bring tears to my eyes...
They're lighting my way... tonight.

And I haven't felt so alive..
In years.'

MOS

Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2