Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3 
Stanley Cup

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3
I'm quoting Aintitcool because it basically sums up everything I think about this series now

Quote:
The Haitian continues to cancel powers. Hiro and Ando continue to follow Daphne. (Can’t blame them for that!) In a cinema, Hiro seems to learn she’s doing this for money. Did Daphne not make that clear last week?

“I should never have given you up for adoption,” Angela tells Sylar. Noah is partnered with Sylar, who pretends to be an FBI man at the site of a bank robbery. Sylar bashed in brains with a rock last season; now that he has superpowers again, why is he suddenly trustworthy?

At the site of the bank robbery, FuturePeter retrieves PresentPeter, leaving Noah to fend for himself. Why did Peter put Peter inside a prisoner with superpowers? Why doesn’t he recapture Sylar and punish him for what he did to Claire? Why does he leave Noah in such a fix? Why does he care what happens to Claire but not her adopted dad?

Claire’s biological mom smokes. And Claire doesn’t want to go to school. Claire wants to fight. When the flames suck out all the air in the box, why doesn’t Claire’s mom have difficulty breathing?

Matt sees more paintings. And learns his future has changed. And learns he can see the future too. But doesn’t seem too concerned about phoning in what he knows about Peter killing Nathan.

Tracy, who looks like Jessica and Niki, freezes a flower. Video from the Corinthian Hotel is played for Nathan. She also meets Micah and learns she and Niki were born in the same hospital on the same day. Dr. Zimmerman announces he created Tracy. Did Micah ever get D.L.’s medal back? Is Monica out in the car?

Four superhumans rob a bank with flaming hands and telekinesis. Good thing Peter shot Nathan to death to keep him from revealing to the world that there are people with superpowers!

Noah announces he’ll kill Sylar as soon as he can learn Sylar’s weakness. Too bad Noah wasn’t there when Elle incapacitated Sylar with her lightning powers!

I asked in talkback last week why Peter doesn’t just zip back a couple days and zap Sylar with Elle-lightning --before Sylar could open Claire’s skull and steal her self-healing power.

It’s what I would do if I had Peter’s powers. Save the cheerleader, save the world, right? One thing I wouldn’t do is wander back to my apartment and string a bunch of yarn across my living room.

At least one talkbacker suggested Peter won’t go back two days to save Claire because he knows the past can’t be changed. Does that make any sense? If the future can’t be changed, then why wasn’t New York vaporized as it was in one of Hiro’s earliest flash-forwards?

The fact that New York was saved also, I think, renders pretty silly Hiro’s decision to never again travel back to the past. He could effortlessly trap speedster Daphne that way, couldn’t he?

We’ve seen many times in the movies that one can tell smart superhero stories; why does “Heroes” seem to insist so strenuously that we turn off our brains?

honestly the show is awful and i'm thinking about giving up

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 am
je vois l'avenir

I didn't really pay attention to this week's episode, I will have to watch it again online.

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 am
Sbil

I thought last night was better than the premiere, although I'm not completely satisfied yet.

For one, a great deal of the storylines are terrible. Hiro's storyline with that Daphne chick is annoying. And don't even get me started on the Parkman in Africa with the weird paintings crap.

It's holding my attention for now, but I'm not going to stick around all season if it doesn't go back to being very good again.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:40 am
You must have big rats

The last episode was better than the Season premiere, but still not up to Heroes' best times. It is decent enough for me to keep watching, if only for the entertainment value.

I actually like Daphne, I hope her character sticks around. Whatever happened to Monica? I'm not a fan of her character, but it is just weird that she doesn't seem to be in there at all.

And what's up with the stupidity?! Trying to have Syler work on your side and expect him not to become all-out evil?! The hell?

I'm surprised that Nikki apparently is dead for good (or is she?).

Oh and the worst storyline at the moment is definitely Parkman's.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

I really hope by the end of this volume Bennet succeeds in his intention of finding Sylar's weak spot and killing him. I hope that's why Angela did what she did. That her dreams of future looked like that. Otherwise she's pretty stupid if she thinks she can control Sylar by telling him she's his mother.

I don't like Daphne - she's annoying and stupid like hell. I liked Hiro in the first and the second season, but he's annoying here. WTF happened to character development?!?!?! He's not even started to turn into "Dark-Hiro" from the future.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

this show is seriously mentally handicapped.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:51 pm
Extraordinary

be.redy wrote:
I really hope by the end of this volume Bennet succeeds in his intention of finding Sylar's weak spot and killing him. I hope that's why Angela did what she did. That her dreams of future looked like that. Otherwise she's pretty stupid if she thinks she can control Sylar by telling him she's his mother.

I don't like Daphne - she's annoying and stupid like hell. I liked Hiro in the first and the second season, but he's annoying here. WTF happened to character development?!?!?! He's not even started to turn into "Dark-Hiro" from the future.

Maybe Angela is evil? I have never trusted her and it could be that dream is her working with Adam.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Tonight's episode was actually pretty good. Although this show has so many gaping plot holes and logic issues that I don't know where to start.

Like...

How in the hell did Future Peter get killed by a bullet if Peter can't die or whatever?

Isn't that random Irish chick from last season still stranded in New York? Did they just forget about her?

Etc.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:26 pm
Extraordinary

I think with the bullet in a head he is dead. I don't think he is immortal like Claire or Adam. Speaking of Adam I think now it is getting obvious that all of these people are created from him. I think he was the first and created others like him to create a master race. I still think Angela is evil, why else have Adam dug up.

Edit
About Future Peter, the hatian was standing near by so future Peter couldn't heal and that is what killed him.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

This show's become like a train wreck. Every week it gets more and more surreal and ridiculous, and I can't take my eyes off it. The gaping plot holes, the terrible acting and dialogue, the nonsensical plot and loose ends...

And what's with the soundtrack playing a rattle everytime Mohinder's on screen?

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:17 am
Stanley Cup

my god. i'm 20 minutes through yesterdays episode. It's so fucking awful. This is a trainwreck it very well could be the worst tv show on tv right now. I can't turn away

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:21 pm
Begging Naked

The Dark Knight wrote:
this thread is great. I don't even know what you guys are talking about but it sounds grand.

It almost makes me sad that I've decided to give up on the show after last season.

Almost.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Hmm, the last episode was entertaining and ridiculous. I mean I hope they can clear all that up, I have about one million open questions and I fear that about half of them won't ever be answered properly.

Bringing time travel into this series was the worst decision, period.

Well, I mean time travel by itself is "ok" if Hiro was the only one doing it, but now we've simply got too many shared powers...ehh.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

i thought season 1 was great.
i was disappointed by season 2, to say the least.
i love the concept of the show a lot, so i continue to watch it. but nothing this season has impressed my so far.

i think they're resorting to cheap plot twist. like peter and sylar being brothers. fucking lame as hell

and did Mohinder become Jeff Goldblum? Come on.

Top Films of 2008:
1) The Dark Knight - 9.5/10
2) Snow Angels - 9.5/10
2) In Bruges - 9.5/10
3) Cloverfield - 9/10
4) Wall-E - 8.5/10
5) Tropic Thunder - 8.5/10
6) The Bank Job - 8.5/10
7) Happy-Go-Lucky - 8/10
8) American Teen - 8/10
9) Speed Racer - 7.5/10

Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:01 pm
Romosexual!

oh shit! :whaa: Bubbles on Heroes. :towel:

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 pm
Stanley Cup

best episode of the season. may not be a lost cause yet

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:20 pm
Extraordinary

Big shock with Papa Peterlii being behind it all. I have a feeling Adam though is going to pull his plug and take over his operation. Trusting that made is going to be his fatal mistake.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
je vois l'avenir

fantastic episode. Overall I think they are making this season truly epic. Maybe there is hope? I feel like the first two episodes were transition episodes while hopefully from here on out it will be a new start.

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 am
Sbil

Last night's episode was definitely an improvement. Although I'm still perpetually confused about so many things that go on and some of the storylines are very uneven.

Hiro could not REALLY have killed Ando. Come on now. Obviously there will be some sort of time shift so Hiro can undo it.

Maya is still the dumbest character on television. Of course she lets Moyawnder talk her out of doing her eye goo crap and gets cocooned. Idiot. Can she go away now?

I guess the whole thing where Peter, Nathan and Tracy were dead was just Mama Petrelli's dream.

The dinner scene with Meredith and that random puppet master guy was creepy.

Welcome back, Papa Petrelli?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:49 pm
Extraordinary

I actually thought last night's episode was pretty good.

For some reason the whole Hiro killing Ando thing really pissed me off. Ugh. Yeah, it's probably... whatever, but I sort of hate Hiro.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:54 pm
Full Fledged Member

i think hiro killing ando was fucking stupid.

and we've already seen that NO ONE EVER FUCKING STAYS DEAD in this show, ando is going to come back, seeking revenge, somehow get powers. and shoot red shit out of his hands.

come on!

Top Films of 2008:
2) Snow Angels - 9.5/10
2) In Bruges - 9.5/10
3) Cloverfield - 9/10
4) Wall-E - 8.5/10
6) The Bank Job - 8.5/10
7) Happy-Go-Lucky - 8/10
8) American Teen - 8/10
9) Speed Racer - 7.5/10

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:18 am
Full Fledged Member

and we've already seen that NO ONE EVER FUCKING STAYS DEAD in this show, ando is going to come back, seeking revenge, somehow get powers. and shoot red shit out of his hands.

come on!

Top Films of 2008:
2) Snow Angels - 9.5/10
2) In Bruges - 9.5/10
3) Cloverfield - 9/10
4) Wall-E - 8.5/10
6) The Bank Job - 8.5/10
7) Happy-Go-Lucky - 8/10
8) American Teen - 8/10
9) Speed Racer - 7.5/10

Full Fledged Member

come on!

Top Films of 2008:
2) Snow Angels - 9.5/10
2) In Bruges - 9.5/10
3) Cloverfield - 9/10
4) Wall-E - 8.5/10
6) The Bank Job - 8.5/10
7) Happy-Go-Lucky - 8/10
8) American Teen - 8/10
9) Speed Racer - 7.5/10

Site Owner

I highly doubt Hiro really killed Ando, just doesn't make any sense. He had to have stopped time, done something, etc, he wouldn't just kill Ando like that.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

The episode was good, but the show fucked up all the best parts of it. Hiro killing Ando was unconvincing and felt awkward. The end revelation about father Petrelli was spoiled by Angela's vision. The Noah telling the vortex guy to kill Sylar was awkward too. Especially because I was getting pissed as to why doesn't Sylar use the super hearing he took from the mechanic lady in the first season instead of making weird faces and wondering what's going on there. The only unfucked part was the twist with Linderman.

But yeah, probably the best episode since season one.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next