Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3
roo wrote:
I still think the problem is that Season 1 went for the whole shebang. I'm talking about an end of the world plot and the characters kind of maxed out their powers too early. What if Hiro didn't have complete use of the time displacement power but could only do a few minutes in season 1 and hours in season 2 and days in season 3, etc.

Pretty much, but I think the biggest problem was creating tons of heroes with tons of dumb powers. Spreading out the focus across so many storylines and characters just made the show slow and redundant, and the idea of traditional powers like invincibility or flying is nice because it ties into our superhero fantasies... having characters who can imitate tv or cause death when black goo comes out of their eyes is just less interesting. They also totally missed the boat on the questions of responsibility and using this power to help benefit the world and so on, but I guess the problem with that too is Peter and Hiro and in a way Claire are too strong, no humans adversaries could stop them, so you have to keep on with your end of the world and Sylar plots to create believable conflict.

I also never got past the plothole that if there were thousands of people with powers out there, 3/4s of them probably would've gone straight to the media to get rich. At least when there was only the 6 heroes on the show and the powers hadn't been around for centuries, it could kind of work. But not this way.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:52 pm
Sbil

Mr. Inc wrote:
Ill watch the premiere as apparently its back to form but we'll see if I keep up with it.

Pretty much my feelings at the moment.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:40 pm
Extraordinary

So
Spoiler: show
future Peter shot Nathan. Something bad happened in the future. It looks like they are going with Days of Future Past storyline.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

So much back and forth already, but so far so good. I'll download the entire premiere tonighte don't feeling like watching it atm.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:10 pm
Extraordinary

Wish they get rid of Maya. Also Malcolm McDowell is listed in the credits, flashback? or is he still alive?

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Well we see what Sylar does with Brains.
Spoiler: show
So is Claire Immortal? That would mean Sylar, Peter, and Adam are as well. Looks like Linderman is still alive and who is Nikki now?

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

this is just not a very good episode. It's too big of scope.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:02 pm
Extraordinary

I guess Mohinder is Spiderman I hope that back fires on him. I loved the future dream by Mama Petreli, we got Adam, Jessica, Parkman's dad and a new guy teaming up.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I like it overall so far, at least it isn't boring like last season.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I am so confused by this "I'm not Niki! I'm Tracy Strauss!" business.

And Sylar is still a damn creepy bastard, but he's pissing me off this episode. I hope he doesn't actually kill Elle, Kristen Bell has been far too underutilized on the show throughout her run.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:27 pm
Extraordinary

I guess Elle is still alive, she is in better shape than her Dad at least. Not sure who Tracy is. Maybe Linderman has something to do with it.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I guess Elle is still alive, she is in better shape than her Dad at least. Not sure who Tracy is. Maybe Linderman has something to do with it.

That was damn creepy, poor William Katt had a small part lol. I guess she is like Iceman or something.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

Brea Grant is the best thing about this show right now

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:45 pm
Extraordinary

I think Mohinder is reaping what he sowed.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
I think Mohinder is reaping what he sowed.

hopefully he'll die

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:51 pm
Extraordinary

Holy crap so Sylar and Peter are brothers? I wonder who his father is? I wanna bet it's Adam for some reason.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I thought it was a good two episodes, better than last season. Have to see if they can keep it up.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I thought it was a rather good premiere, if a bit too chaotic.

At the very least, it made me want to continue watching. I was really frustrated by Heroes last season (as was almost everyone), so that's promising.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 pm
Extraordinary

Libs wrote:
I thought it was a rather good premiere, if a bit too chaotic.

At the very least, it made me want to continue watching. I was really frustrated by Heroes last season (as was almost everyone), so that's promising.

Yeah I say that was the only problem too much going on. Hopefully the future episodes will slow that down. I did like these new villains, I am guessing once Adam gets dug up he will round them to his side.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

I thought the first hour was entertaining? But I gave up on the second our. Ill go in and out through out the season.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:51 pm
Stanley Cup

I thought Kring learned his lesson. There was too much going on, nothing was connected, it felt disjointed, and they're doing the whole we have to save the world again. FUCK.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:01 am
je vois l'avenir

One hour in and I agree that it is a bit too chaotic but it is at least pretty entertaining. They need to slow it down a bit.

I wish Mohinder would just die.

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:08 am
je vois l'avenir

wow NBC must have gotten a lot of money from film studios. Heroes is like a mini Super bowl.

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:17 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Very good premiere. There was way too much going on in the first hour and some parts made absolutely no sense (I don't understand the Nikki/Tracy Strauss business, or the future Peter storyline either) or were just pointless in general (any scene involving Maya and Mohinder, both of whom need to be written off the show ASAP - I can't believe they kept Maya and got rid of Monica, who was actually a solid and interesting character), but there were a lot of great things about it as well. It was very entertaining, did a good job of setting up the season, had amazing production values and some great development for a few characters. As usual, Claire, Sylar, Elle and H.R.G. stole the show for me - the whole thing between Sylar and Claire was great and very creepy, and it was nice seeing Kristen Bell again (I'm glad that she'll be returning for more episodes this season). I'll continue watching. It was definitely better than last year's season opener.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

thompsoncory wrote:
Very good premiere. There was way too much going on in the first hour and some parts made absolutely no sense (I don't understand the Nikki/Tracy Strauss business, or the future Peter storyline either) or were just pointless in general (any scene involving Maya and Mohinder, both of whom need to be written off the show ASAP - I can't believe they kept Maya and got rid of Monica, who was actually a solid and interesting character), but there were a lot of great things about it as well. It was very entertaining, did a good job of setting up the season, had amazing production values and some great development for a few characters. As usual, Claire, Sylar, Elle and H.R.G. stole the show for me - the whole thing between Sylar and Claire was great and very creepy, and it was nice seeing Kristen Bell again (I'm glad that she'll be returning for more episodes this season). I'll continue watching. It was definitely better than last year's season opener.

Well Future Peter is one of those stories that will be followed throughout this story arc. I think there are things yet to be revealed on that one. I understood what he was doing though. The future was horrible and he was trying to fix it. It was kind of like Bishop coming back in Days of Future Past (X-Men), although the ripple effect wasn't really negative in that storyline. I like that they show you can't easily change the past it does make time travel seem meaningless. I do think there was too much going on in that first hour. The second hour was more focused on certain things. I think we needed a third hour to fleshed certain things out better. We also have two confusing storylines involving Linderman and Nikki (or who ever the hell she is). The Nikki one is more confusing, you could argue Nathan is crazy with the Linderman part although I think there is something else going on there.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next