Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3
I'm starting to think Brea Grant wanted out of Heroes. I don't know, they basically could've killed her off when she was shot by Danko's crew. Seemed odd to bring her back, just to kill her.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:52 pm
Site Owner

Yeah, that episode where she got shot was horrid, and comparing it with the episode where she ultimatly died just personifies everything right and wrong with the show: It has the capability to be so great, and yet so often it is so awful.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

I didn't expect a great season finale. But I didn't expect it to be another mediocre episode too. I expected them to at least try to make some impact. It seems whoever they kill they find a way to bring him/her back one way or the other.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Yeah it was a lousy finale. I mean the battle with Sylar we hardly even saw.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:03 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Hardly? You can hardly say that. The door was shaking and there was a lot of blue lights behind it. LOL. I can understand there were budget cuts, but they are yet to give us a proper Sylar VS. Peter battle.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

be.redy wrote:
Hardly? You can hardly say that. The door was shaking and there was a lot of blue lights behind it. LOL. I can understand there were budget cuts, but they are yet to give us a proper Sylar VS. Peter battle.

LOL we saw Sylar flying and some blue bolts going around, so yeah it was a joke.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

So...Nathan seemingly died in every single season finale of Heroes so far:

S1: Blown up with Peter
S2: Shot by Peter
S3: Killed by Sylar

LOL

Anyway, it was a barely-above-mediocre episode thanks to Sylar...but, oh my...how the series has falled since S1...

Sun May 03, 2009 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

yeah as sad as it is to say, if any new shows come out that i enjoy, heroes will be the one that falls by the waste side. Two shows this season have fallen since I can no longer keep up with them.

Sun May 03, 2009 10:32 pm
You must have big rats

It also must hold some sort of a record at KJ as far as its number of lost fans here goes. The thread for the next season probably wil struggle to reach 5 pages...

For anyone still watching this (yes, the three of us or so) - what would be your suggestions as to how to improve the series radically?

Mon May 04, 2009 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

This series started out with asking the question "why do we suddenly have powers"? That has never been resolved, has it? They've established that some of the parents have powers too but does that answer why anyone has them? And am I remembering wrong or didn't it seem like in season 1 that the heroes suddenly got the powers out of the blue and hadn't had them all their lives. Adding in the older generation and taking away the feeling of freshness, that something new was happening, is the main thing I think went wrong and if I were trying to save it I'd work on undoing that somehow.

Really it's not worth saving though, just cancel it now.

Mon May 04, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

Post Re:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
It also must hold some sort of a record at KJ as far as its number of lost fans here goes. The thread for the next season probably wil struggle to reach 5 pages...

For anyone still watching this (yes, the three of us or so) - what would be your suggestions as to how to improve the series radically?

cancel it

Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Re:
Jim Halpert wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

cancel it

LOL at this point I see no hope. I will try watching a few episodes but I don't see it surviving another season.

Tue May 05, 2009 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

I agree with others here, there is no happy ending. They took a premise that was amazing, and when it came to utilize the character development and move forward with the story, there was nothing of substance, no plan, nothing. It's too late to fix this train wreck now.

Tue May 05, 2009 9:06 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

The best thing they could do is probably to finally release a virus that strips everyone out of their powers so they can have a clean slate. Then they should introduce characters that are immune to the virus (as there always are a few) and go from that. I don't really care about any of the characters anymore, the whole mythology is ridiculous at this point, the only thing I still believe in is the premise. It has potential.

Season 1 was very promising. But when Sylar survived the season ending I said that any good won't come out of it. But I didn't know that Sylar's survival will turn out as the least of the shows problems as it continuously failed on every aspect.

Tue May 05, 2009 10:01 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I really think they need to pull a "24" here and kill off half of the main cast and NOT BRING THEM BACK. I mean, really, just bring in some powerful villain that kills off 3-4 main characters within the first few episodes of the next season. Just do something bold. Kill off Mohinder, Hiro (that'd be shocking), Tracy and Parkman for good! and leave the other ones fighting against that villain.

Tue May 05, 2009 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

They could send off Hiro as a hero. He started to have brain bleeding or whatever from using his power. Let him use his power for the last time for some grandeur thing and give him a nice send off.

Tue May 05, 2009 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Dr. Lecter wrote:
I really think they need to pull a "24" here and kill off half of the main cast and NOT BRING THEM BACK. I mean, really, just bring in some powerful villain that kills off 3-4 main characters within the first few episodes of the next season. Just do something bold. Kill off Mohinder, Hiro (that'd be shocking), Tracy and Parkman for good! and leave the other ones fighting against that villain.

They need the kill Sylar too. Have a villain who can take him out without any trouble early in the season.

Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

They should just stop ... nothing is going to work, wait 2 years and launch a new show, same premise, better writers.

Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Just so sad....the first season had so much potential, so much promise...

There's no way it can ever deliver fuly on it anymore. But I do think there's a way to redeem itself somewhat and actually become somewhat better than it is now.

However, having read what Volume 5 is about...doesn't seem like the writers give a damn about getting better.

Tue May 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I maintain the biggest mistake this show made was making thousands of heroes instead of just the main cast. They had the perfect set-up for the second season onward, to make them band together and basically be a modern/tech generation version of the X-Men. Then pump the theme of them being "chosen" and "destined" to be heroes. They wouldn't have had any problems with episodes because half could be stand-alones like with Buffy/Angel... then just have one big villain to stop a season. Have a season where one of them goes evil, have conflict within the group, romances, people who want out, introduce a new hero every once in a while, yada yada. I really think they overthought things and took their premise too seriously, it should be a show about superheroes, let it have charm

Heroes staff get an F

Fri May 08, 2009 12:21 am
You must have big rats

Shack wrote:
I maintain the biggest mistake this show made was making thousands of heroes instead of just the main cast. They had the perfect set-up for the second season onward, to make them band together and basically be a modern/tech generation version of the X-Men. Then pump the theme of them being "chosen" and "destined" to be heroes. They wouldn't have had any problems with episodes because half could be stand-alones like with Buffy/Angel... then just have one big villain to stop a season. Have a season where one of them goes evil, have conflict within the group, romances, people who want out, introduce a new hero every once in a while, yada yada. I really think they overthought things and took their premise too seriously, it should be a show about superheroes, let it have charm

Pretty much (though to be fair in the Marvel universe it seems by now like every other person on the planet has some powers.

In any case, limiting the number of people with powers would have been a good thing.

You know what baffles me? How much this series has wasted its villians. I thought Arthur and Adam were both good villains in conception, but badly underused.

But you know what the single biggest mistake was? Introducing time travel...lots of it too.

Fri May 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12