Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Breaking Bad 
now we know

Post Re: Breaking Bad
Great. Thanks for that. If I can get all the seasons of Fargo, I'll check it out.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

thompsoncory, what is The Last Ship like?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Yea if you want to you can watch Season 2 of Fargo first as it's the more acclaimed one (It's an anthology series like True Detective if you didn't know)

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:51 pm
now we know

Shack wrote:
Yea if you want to you can watch Season 2 of Fargo first as it's the more acclaimed one (It's an anthology series like True Detective if you didn't know)

I assumed it was anthology by the non-recurring cast. As it happens, I can only get my hands on season one, so I probably won't even start it. :(

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's an "anthology" but the seasons are connected and take place in the same universe. Season 2 is a prequel to season 1.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:01 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Algren wrote:
thompsoncory, what is The Last Ship like?

I've seen the first 5-6 episodes. It's a fairly standard action military drama with sci-fi thrown in. It's not terrible for what it is though.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:02 pm
Profile YIM
now we know

Ok. Thanks. It doesn't sound great. Rhona Mitra and Adam Baldwin. Hardly A-listers. But I may give it a shot.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's one of those shows that seemingly gets lost in the 'peak TV' conversation but does well for TNT and has a fanbase. I know the showrunner basically said his intention was to make a weekly action movie.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:31 pm
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

A lot of people see The Walking Dead as just dumb zombie killing fast food show. Personally I think it's a complex human survival story about the success or failure to keep hope alive in dead world, and other moral and leadership quandaries. It's a show about humans, not zombies. From a visual level the show is also strong to me, zombie attacks are only as exciting as your direction makes it.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:00 am
New Server, Same X

It's been way too long since I watched Breaking Bad, but I finally decided to go through the series again (and hopefully Better Call Saul from the start as well). Just finished Season 1. I always warn any new watchers that the series takes a few episodes to get going, but I still love those early ones.

There's something so fun about watching Walter White, especially knowing where it all goes, grapple with the idea of killing someone, wishing his morals and ethics could thrive while engaging in a very immoral act of producing crystal meth.

Those first five episodes act more like a prologue to the entire story. Things take off once Walter first meets Tuco. I'll never be able to watch the show for the first time again, but it's still so much fun seeing it all play out.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yea I think the start of the show with start of Walter and Jesse relationship and Krazy 8 saga is tremendous. The first episode with Gretchen and Elliott is also one of the most important of the series in my opinion.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:28 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I'm just starting season 4.

Got to say, while it's fun, it's not the OMG Amazing show I heard it to be. And Aaron Paul is such a little bitch in this. I'm so confused by him becoming a sex icon from this role. I think he is absolutely horrible. It's Dexter's sister all over again.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:06 am
now we know

Thegun wrote:
I'm just starting season 4.

Got to say, while it's fun, it's not the OMG Amazing show I heard it to be. And Aaron Paul is such a little bitch in this. I'm so confused by him becoming a sex icon from this role. I think he is absolutely horrible.
:funny:

My thoughts exactly. It is certainly fun, though.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:02 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

So... Vince Gilligan is working on a sequel film starring Jesse Pinkman.

I love Breaking Bad. I love Vince Gilligan. I Love Better Call Saul. I love Jesse Pinkman. I think this is a bad, bad idea. It's OK for some stories to have ambiguous endings. Breaking Bad didn't tell us what became of Jesse, and that's fine. He escaped. We didn't need any more.

I also thought that Jesse's story after Breaking Bad could have either converged or been told side-by-side with Saul's story on Better Call Saul. I assume at some point, Better Call Saul will complete the post-Bad story of the character, so it felt like they could have done the same with Jesse.

All that said, the movie will likely be good. Great, even. And I wonder if this will be theatrically released (hope not) or an AMC Original Movie, in the same vein as the newly-announced Walking Dead films to air on AMC. But I can't help but feel like this is unnecessary. Better Call Saul is brilliant in its development of a ridiculous, obnoxious side character. And it basically fills in so many interesting plot points from Breaking Bad. It never feels unnecessary. The Jesse Pinkman Story is one that I just don't think we need at all.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:44 pm
now we know

Pinkman is the worst character, and played by the worst actor. I'll probably still watch it though.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:23 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I think Jesse worked, and worked best, because of his relationship with Walter. Take that away and... I'm not sure.

I find it funny how people will latch on to this and assume Walter will be in it, based on a few joke answers Bryan Cranston has given regarding the fate of the character. I really hope he isn't involved at all, even in new flashbacks.

Cranston gave an interview and said a few characters' fates were left up in the air at the end of the show. Who? We definitely don't need any more in the story of Skylar, Marie, or Walt Jr. Their stories are complete. Might be fun if they include Badger and Skinny Pete. Beyond that, the only other character is Saul and his story will likely be completed on Better Call Saul.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:35 pm
---------

This does seem like such a weird move. I'd feel like the movie would just have to get buried in all the details left over the finale if it immediately picks up from there.

Plus their whole story has to get wrapped up in about 2 hours, so it almost doesn't even seem worth all this effort.

My money is on they take Walt to the hospital and he's alive for a few more days. Jesse comes back for him for some dumb reason.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:49 pm
New Server, Same X

The only smart way to do this is without Walt.

I keep going back to that finale and thinking it pretty much ended perfectly. The age of the never-ending story has given has reboots and remakes and revivals. Some stories can just end. It's OK if there isn't more to tell and we can just imagine what happens to certain characters, should we care enough to think of them after a series ends.

But Vince Gilligan is involved in this. So I have to think he has a good idea and isn't just doing this for the money.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:30 pm
New Server, Same X

Finally got a trailer for El Camino, after the solid teasers. Still not sure where this will go, but I'm hoping it's as good as Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, and serves as a worthwhile continuation.

I do wish "fans" would stop theorizing and hoping that Walter is still alive. How awful would it be if Vince Gilligan had Walter come back from the dead as if he's Jason Voorhees? I don't even want a new flashback scene with Walter, but I'm sure it'll be in there.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:58 pm
We had our time together

I love Breaking Bad to death but I could not be less interested in that movie.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:36 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Riggs wrote:
I love Breaking Bad to death but I could not be less interested in that movie.

I get that same opinion from people, but about Better Call Saul. I'm not sure what people think the show is, but I can't imagine loving Breaking Bad and not at least giving Saul a shot.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:33 pm
We had our time together

I gave Saul a shot too. It's a good, well made show but I never really got into it so I stopped halfway Season 2. I never felt the urge to start again.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

God what an incredible fucking show this was. Seasons 3-5 are just epic, and it definitely has the perfect ending IMO. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are just absolutely fantastic throughout the whole thing, and I also really loved Dean Norris, Johnathan Banks and Giancarlo Espositio in this as well. I don't know if I'm interested enough to check out Better Caul Saul though even though Bob Odenkirk was pretty great in all his scenes in this show.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:01 am
Devil's Advocate

I don't have much interest in El Camino. But I think I am overall less passionate about BB than some people anyways.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:23 pm
Forum General

I really enjoyed El Camino, but if your expecting to see a lot of stuff connected to certain characters from the show than you might be dissapointed. I really liked the fact that it did provide some pretty satisfying closure for Jesse though, but I'll be the first to admit that I wouldn't have minded a bit more in terms of fanservice which is something I definitely don't say often.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next