Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Survivor - Season 15: China 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Survivor - Season 15: China
I'm torn to whether it's Courtney or Paih-Gee that will win the Becky award for getting to the final 3 and receiving 0 votes. I think the other 2 finalists are James and Frosti, with James winning.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:15 pm
Sbil

Hmm.

Well...bye, Frosti. I was glad it wasn't Erik, who I like.

I still don't really have a favorite (I suppose it would be Erik). Courtney is funny and Denise seems pretty nice, but...I can't stand James or Todd. Todd just comes across as an annoying little pipsqueak. James is unbearably smug and actually kind of mean (especially to the women), it's a bit amazing how attractive he is physically and how unattractive he is in all other aspects. I don't dislike Peih-Gee like everyone on the show seems to, though.

If I had to pick a frontrunner to win, I'd go with Amanda right now. She's a bit bland for my taste, but she seems to be the only "power player" who hasn't really made enemies. She also isn't a total jerk like Todd or James, so I'll give her credit for that.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:21 am
The Wall

I'm so glad Eric stayed in the game. I hope he at least gets into top 3, if not win the damn thing. I so want to know what they did in this tribal council. So I can't wait for a new episode.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Glad Erik stuck around another week. It's killing me that they didn't show want went on in the tribal council. Can't wait to see what happened next week.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:40 am
Sbil

Spider-Man wrote:
Glad Erik stuck around another week. It's killing me that they didn't show want went on in the tribal council. Can't wait to see what happened next week.

Thanksgiving is apparently the season recap show and the next actual episode isn't until November 29.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:48 am
The Wall

Whaaaaaaat. I'll kill them if they do that.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Libs wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:

Thanksgiving is apparently the season recap show and the next actual episode isn't until November 29.

Noooooooo!!!!

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:09 pm
New Server, Same X

The most deserving winner of the final seven is easily Todd. Like him or hate him (he's a little too smug for my taste), the guy knows his Survivor and he's playing to win. He's not loud enough for anyone to suspect him as the biggest threat, and he's not quiet enough to be floating through.

Erik, on the other hand, is one biiiiig floater. I mean... he's likable, but. I can't root for someone who hasn't made a single big game move. Even when Peih-Gee and the blonde girl tried to get rid of James and the other dude, he didn't really want any part of it.

Peih-Gee is reaaally annoying. She always has such a sourpuss on.

Courtney is good to watch. She's not necessarily a strong player (physically or otherwise), but she's entertaining. Probably my personal pick to win, even though one could easily make the same case that I made about Erik that she's a big floater.

I like Amanda. The Amber of a lesser form of Romber (Todd, unfortunately, being the Rob). Although there's been less of them conspiring lately. I say it's time she made a big move and got rid of Todd before he weasels his way past her. Once an opportunity arises that doesn't involve her, Todd will vote her out in a heartbeat.

James. I don't know, I still kind of like him. But the immunity idols went straight to his head. I hope he starts playing them soon, because I think he can only use them up until final five. After that, don't they disappear? He has two of them, and three opportunities to use them. He'll probably be dumb enough to trust people and he'll go with two idols unused.

And Denise. A quieter, nicer, more polite Sue Hawke? Too bad she isn't playing the underdog part on the show. She could be far more likable if she wasn't in some sort of a power position.

If I had to rank personal favorites...

1. Courtney
2. Amanda
3. Denise
4. James
5. Todd
6. Erik
7. Peih-Gee

My best guess at the winner? Probably Libs' pick, Amanda. She's carved out a nice spot for herself where she hasn't pissed many people off. Her only threat is Erik, and I don't see Erik making final two (or three, if they continue with recent tradition).

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

I don't know, lately the trend has been more tilted towards power players than the floaters. I still can't help but feel that if they go with a final 3 of Todd-James-Courtney/Amanda, all the votes would be split between Todd and James like the last two seasons. Todd ran the games, James is the gravedigger and sentimental favorite. That's why I don't really like the 3 finalist system, someone always gets embarrased. But I dunno, maybe it'll be different, to be fair Amanda is a much bigger "player" than Becky and Cassandra who may have done as little as any contestants on Survivor ever.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:38 pm
Teenage Dream

HAHAHA at James. I think I've decided that I either what Amanda or Eric or Denise to win this season.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:10 pm
Sbil

Hah! Buh-bye James! He wasn't exactly horrible all the time, but I hated the ridiculous glory edit the show gave him and the fact that was he kind of mean and sexist. And it's hard to be sad about seeing someone get voted off when they have two idols in their possession and don't use them.

Now if they get rid of Todd, who is incredibly smug and irritating ("Yeah, that Peih-Gee is such a bitch! How dare she try and stay in the game?"), I'll be a happy camper. I like everyone else left (Amanda, Erik, Peih-Gee, Courtney, Denise) at least somewhat.

At this point, I see Erik or Amanda winning. Erik seems like a male Danni from Guatemala. And Amanda is most likely in the strongest position right now, I think.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

holy crap was that an intense episode. awesome tv. i hope Todd can make it through next week. but all hell will break lose now. hopefully people see amanda is causing too much drama and vote her out. wow wow wow.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:08 am
problem?

I wish James had used one of his idols so Todd had been booted. Haaatteee Todd.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:58 pm
Teenage Dream

Korrgan wrote:

I wanted both James and Todd out of the game so I was happy with last night's vote, but I wouldn't have minded James using his immunity idol to screw Todd over.

I also loved how everyone (even the jury) was laughing at James when he got voted off. They all knew he had both Hidden Immunity Idols and he never used one!

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:13 pm
Sbil

Spider-Man wrote:
Korrgan wrote:

I wanted both James and Todd out of the game so I was happy with last night's vote, but I wouldn't have minded James using his immunity idol to screw Todd over.

I also loved how everyone (even the jury) was laughing at James when he got voted off. They all knew he had both Hidden Immunity Idols and he never used one!

It makes me hate how Survivor tried to edit Jaime into being stupid by playing a fake immunity idol even more.

Because, seriously. Jaime thought it was worth a shot to try it, even though she knew it probably wasn't a real idol. James has two idols in his possession and doesn't use them. You tell me, what's dumber?

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:38 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well if James made it past tonight, he'd be guaranteed top 4. That guarantee was close enough to grasp that he didn't want to waste it. And I don't think he caught the danger much, they did a solid job covering it up.

I love Todd. I don't know why people always hate the scheming strategy players. They're better than the floaters who don't do anything. Even though I like Courtney's personality, she doesn't deserve to win a thing.

Anyways I predict Erik wins. Todd and Amanda have pissed off too many people, Courtney and Denise are too big of floaters, and I expect they vote off PG soon because of how crafty she is.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:17 am
Sbil

Shack wrote:
Well if James made it past tonight, he'd be guaranteed top 4. That guarantee was close enough to grasp that he didn't want to waste it. And I don't think he caught the danger much, they did a solid job covering it up.

I love Todd. I don't know why people always hate the scheming strategy players. They're better than the floaters who don't do anything. Even though I like Courtney's personality, she doesn't deserve to win a thing.

Anyways I predict Erik wins. Todd and Amanda have pissed off too many people, Courtney and Denise are too big of floaters, and I expect they vote off PG soon because of how crafty she is.

I don't hate Todd because he schemes, I hate him because he's an insufferably arrogant little pipsqueak.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:41 am
New Server, Same X

Libs wrote:
Shack wrote:

I don't hate Todd because he schemes, I hate him because he's an insufferably arrogant little pipsqueak.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:57 pm
problem?

loyalfromlondon wrote:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-announces-survivor-sixteenth-season-premiere-february-7-6207.php

Are you guys talking about Survivor All-Star II in here? :unsure:

Just an excuse for them to put Stephanie back on in hopes of her winning! Let's hope it's Stephanie from her first season of Survivor, when she was awesome. She became a total smug bitch on her second season.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:39 pm
Sbil

I didn't know there was going to be another all-stars season? I'm always wary of all-star seasons, bleh. Survivor's original one was probably the best of them so far, but that's not saying much, considering the horrid all-star editions Big Brother and TAR produced.

And...James on All-Stars Part 2? Please please please no.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:02 am
Devil's Advocate

Jeff said after the first one that he never wanted to go near another All-Star year. Guess it's not his decision.

Also, it'd be kind of weird. Has the last 7 seasons really had that many all-stars? If you take away winners and the obvious people who say no, there's gonna be some shit contestants.

Oh and I got 10 bucks on them pulling a "here's a million bucks Rupert" aftershow if Yau-Man doesn't win, assuming he's in there. If he rejects the invitation, Steph.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:52 pm
Teenage Dream

Why would James deserve to be in a second All Stars edition? He was one of the stupidest contestants the show has seen. He had two idols and never used them!!

Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:50 pm
Sbil

Korrgan wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-announces-survivor-sixteenth-season-premiere-february-7-6207.php

Are you guys talking about Survivor All-Star II in here? :unsure:

Just an excuse for them to put Stephanie back on in hopes of her winning! Let's hope it's Stephanie from her first season of Survivor, when she was awesome. She became a total smug bitch on her second season.

Agreed.

Maybe the fact that she lost in Guatemala because she was so assy humbled her.

She's the kind of person, much like Big Brother's Janelle, who is lovable and awesome when an underdog, but horrible and gross when in power.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:55 pm
Teenage Dream

Denise was stupid!! She should have voted for Todd to get him out. I hate Todd.

Now I am rooting for Peh-Gee or Amanda to win. I am hoping that Todd is voted out next week...really hoping.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:01 pm
Sbil

Aw. Erik was both nice and nice to look at, I'll miss him.

I'm not sure I can really root for Denise when she seems to be fine with settling for fourth place. I mean, honestly.

I like Peih-Gee more and more every week. I enjoy how she has won more immunities (2) than James, the supposed "challenge monster" (0, I beieve) did.

Todd still gets on my nerves.

I felt kind of bad for Courtney when she gave that "Todd was going for the Oscar" speech. It made her look terrible in retrospect, but she obviously didn't know he apparently wasn't lying. Also, I didn't blame her, because Todd is really snake-ish generally.

Amanda was back to Bland Central this week (why is her ass blurred out every single week? one of the season's biggest mysteries), but next week shows her scheming again. Yay.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next