Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Survivor - Season 15: China 
Teenage Dream

Post Re: Survivor - Season 15: China
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

TODD WON..............

Amanda came in third place...I hate the jury!

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

w00t!! Booya! Yay! Yahoo! weehee! told ya so! told ya so!

:shout: :good: :shout: :towel: :sorcerer: :hump: :dance: :cheer: :clap2: :clap: :excited:

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:07 pm
Teenage Dream

I can understand why he won. He played the best strategic game out of the three. But Todd is a horrible person and doesn't deserve a million dollars.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:08 pm
Sbil

Also, members of the jury who needed to shut up: Jean-Robert, Denise (stop whining!), and Jaime (she kind of unexpectedly became an asshole at the tribal council, that was annoying).

Eh...I don't know. I don't actually hate Todd, I just found him annoying and overly smug. I sort of get the feeling he's probably a nicer person in real life. I mean, he's not the worst winner ever, but I do wish Amanda would have won (and the evil side of me would want to see what sort of reaction Courtney, who I did find pretty funny, winning would provoke).

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:12 pm
Sbil

The *tremendous* response James has gotten from people on the street? Okay, I know Jeff Probst has a serious man-crush on James, but this is so annoying. What is so special about him?! And we all know that $100,000 giveaway is going to James, because this show is so desperate to award him something for some reason beyond my comprehension.

Blah, I'm ready for a new season. This one wasn't the greatest.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:20 pm
Teenage Dream

Libs wrote:
Also, members of the jury who needed to shut up: Jean-Robert, Denise (stop whining!), and Jaime (she kind of unexpectedly became an asshole at the tribal council, that was annoying).

Eh...I don't know. I don't actually hate Todd, I just found him annoying and overly smug. I sort of get the feeling he's probably a nicer person in real life. I mean, he's not the worst winner ever, but I do wish Amanda would have won (and the evil side of me would want to see what sort of reaction Courtney, who I did find pretty funny, winning would provoke).

After watching the first part of the reunion show Todd seems to actually be a nice guy and that really the backstabbing and lying was part of his game. Thinking it over in my head Todd deserves to win. He played the best game. Amanda (who I wanted to win) was hoping that her big move by voting off James. That wasn't going to cut it. It was either going to be Courtney who overcame her small figure to make it to the final three and Todd who played the best strategic game out of anyone this season. He was the only one who could really manipulate the votes of the others. So Todd isn't a bad winner after all.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:26 pm
Teenage Dream

Also, what happened to nice, friendly, fun Jaime? She turned into a bitter bitch at the final tribal council. She overreacted. She was never had a shot at winning.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:27 pm
Sbil

OK, this James worship is getting out of hand. Am I living in some alternate universe where James wasn't a rude, somewhat sexist idiot who had two idols and didn't play them? "It's been a while since we've had a player this popular"?! WHAT?!!?! Ahhhhhh!

That's sad about what happened to Denise when she got home.

In other news, is it weird that I'm now disappointed Courtney didn't win? I think it's about time for some snarky, hilarious girl who doesn't give a shit to win.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:39 pm
Sbil

Like, wow, really? James won the $100,000 prize? Like, woahhh I'M SO SHOCKED!!!!!!! I'm surprised Probst didn't have an orgasm when he announced it.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:54 pm
Sbil

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites? ..........Hmm. Don't know what I think about that.

$20 says James is on that next season. Jesus freaking christ.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:59 pm
Begging Naked

As someone that hasn't watched this season at all before tonight, it seems obvious the producers wanted James to be a second Rupert.

Next season actually sounds kinda cool though (Even if James is easily gonna be the China player). I've wondered what it would be like if they had previous players play against newcomers. I guess they figured this was the easiest way to get an All-Stars-like season without having to stretch out to 16 players from the last 7 ho-hum seasons?

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:01 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I'm actually excited about next seasons twist. I hate the full title Survivor: Mircronesia - Fans vs. Favorites, they should just call it Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites.

I feel bad for Denise and glad she at least got $50,000.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:06 am
Sbil

And so China ends. I...really won't miss it all that much.

I think the person I'll remember the most from this season is Courtney, incidentally. I'm still shocked she got 2 votes at the final TC, I would've bet money that she would've gotten no votes.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:07 am
Teenage Dream

And yeah James is definitely going to be on next season. Survivor and CBS love him to death, although I don't think he was that likeable. He was usually mean and bitter throughout his time on the show. He also got the more airtime in the reunion special than the freaking winner.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 am
Teenage Dream

Libs wrote:
And so China ends. I...really won't miss it all that much.

I think the person I'll remember the most from this season is Courtney, incidentally. I'm still shocked she got 2 votes at the final TC, I would've bet money that she would've gotten no votes.

Yeah I am going to miss Courtney too. She had many one-liners throughout the season that were funny.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 am
Sbil

Oh, also, Probst was too busy salivating over James to even talk to Peih-Gee, who won like three different challenges and was probably the best competitor of the season, for more than 5 seconds. How irritating.

Last edited by Libs on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:13 am
Sbil

Who are picks for returning favorites, by the way?

I am in full support of Yul, Cirie, and Yau-Man, who are probably my favorites from the past couple of seasons.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:14 am
problem?

This was my first time watching Survivor in about.. three years? Last time I watched from beginning to end was Stephanie's second season. And.... it was mehish.

You know Steph's back.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:17 am
Teenage Dream

Libs wrote:
Who are picks for returning favorites, by the way?

I am in full support of Yul, Cirie, and Yau-Man, who are probably my favorites from the past couple of seasons.

Yau-Man needs to return! I am in full support of Yul as well.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:20 am
Devil's Advocate

YES! SCORE ONE OF FOR THE SCHEMING LIEING ENTERTAINING PUPPET MASTERS! THIS ONE'S FOR YOU JONNY FAIRPLAY AND ROB CESTERNINO!

I think Todd is my favorite player since the post all-star season dip, and this was probably my favorite season since then too and one of the better ones overall. Lots of ups and downs, funny one liners, players getting backstabbed, very good and even final tribal council, even the challenges were better than usual (I loved the plate thing).

I think Amanda blew it at the final tribal. She just came out kind of flat and trying to hard for the nice girl routine, while Todd played the PERFECT angle - It's a game, I did what I had to do. I've been screaming for the hated schemer to play that angle for years.

Btw, there's no winners for next season, so Yul, Earl, Todd, Tom, are out. Which kind of sucks, that's half the all-star worthy contestants right there. It's pretty obvious they only went with fans vs favorites instead of All-Stars 2 because getting 16 all-stars from the post AS season would be impossible. 8 is much easier, though still kinda hard. Yau-Man, Steph, James are the only really obvious ones. I'm guessing Ozzy will be asked. Dreamz has a shot. I wonder if they'll try to get someone from every season, some have no good contestants at all. Like seriously, the original Exile Island season where Aras beat Danielle in the finale? YUCK. Cirie is ok as a floater "nice" contestant, but there's seriously no one even close to memorable that year. In fact I'd say Vanuatu to Exile Island have borderline nobody good away from Steph. Ian the Dolphin boy MAYBE.

So here's my predicted 8:
Yau-Man
Steph
James
Ozzy
Ian
Dreamz (I predict Cirie declines the invitation)
2 random why and who??? people (Rob and Amber were actually pretty random in the first attempt, so this may not be bad)

I actually think Courtney, Denise, Jean Robert, and PG could legitimately be favorites if there was a season in between. Jeff seemed to hint only one from this season was making it though, so probably it's only James.

EDIT - I forgot Rocky. He could make it on there too.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:23 am
The Incredible Hulk

Todd won the game during the final tribal counsel when he masterfully manipulated the jury, particularly Jean-Robert. I'm sure Probst is aware of interviews JR has given since being voted out of the game in which he (JR) claimed to be the biggest threat and the best player in Survivor China. While Todd would not have known about the interviews he would have known about JRs massive ego, so he told him exactly what he wanted to hear. James was laughing because you could tell by the look on JRs face that JR was voting for Todd.JR was literally speechless after Todd praised his game play. Todd also handled the other jury members well as he skillfully separated his lying and backstabbing from his "real" relationships with the other players.Others like Dreamz have made similar claims but none so well as Todd. Really well played game.

As for James, he was also my favorite player in China. I think a lot of people liked him because while he may not have been humble he came from a humble background and has an easy going southern charm that some people find appealing.I'm happy he won the $100,000 and hope he will be in the next edition of Survivor. I personally did not care for Denise's sob story and obvious play for sympathy. But she did get an extra 50K so I guess it was worth it.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:00 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

In my honest opinion, Amanda won the game and then lost it during the final tribal council. Her answers were way too timid and apologetic. It made it seem like she had ridden Todd's cottails, which was totally not true, especially since Amanda actually made most of the important decisions for their group.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:58 am
The Incredible Hulk

Amanda's collapse in front of the jury was fairly spectacular, rather then appearing as a co-strategist she looked like someone who was along for the ride with Todd. In contrast Todd's jury performance was impressive so much so that both Jamie and JR voted for him based on that performance. I'm guessing that PG and James also voted for Todd.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Could this be the "favorites" roster? (unconfirmed)

Spoiler: show
Amanda Kimmell (China)
Cirie Fields (Panama) - YAY
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands) - hahahaha she's annoyingly hilarious and painful to watch.
Ami Cusack (Vanuatu) - she was the leader of the all-female alliance right? I think she was the lesborrific.
Eliza Orlins (Vanuatu)
Jonathan Penner (Cook Islands) - another annoying dick.
Yau Man Chan (Fiji)
Jon "Johnny Fairplay" Dalton (Pearl Islands) - ugh. Can Danny Bonaduce play too?
Ozzy Lusth (Cook Islands) - Mowgli
James Clement (China)

Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:50 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Denise "sob story" a lie

School says Survivor lady dishonest about demotion

By Associated Press

DOUGLAS - A school lunch lady who gained fame as a contestant the "Survivor: China" reality show wasn’t telling the truth when she claimed during Sunday’s finale that she’d been demoted to janitor because of her participation in the show, according to her bosses.

Douglas Schools Superintendent Nancy Lane said Denise Martin was actually promoted to full-time custodian in March, a job which came with more benefits and higher pay.

Lane said she was shocked to hear the claims when she watched Sunday to root for Martin.

"None of that is true," Lane said. "It made me sit up on the couch ... flabbergasted."

Douglas finished fourth in the reality show, missing out on the $1 million grand prize.

During the live broadcast, Martin said, "They didn’t give me my job back. I’m a janitor now. I clean toilets. I wash the floors in the bathroom. I vacuum the kids’ rugs."

The producer surprised Martin with $50,000 to help "get her life back." But Martin may have some damage control to do when she returns to work.

Margaret Reed, chairwoman of the School Committee, said she was puzzled by Martin’s story.

"Everyone was cheering her on," Reed said. "And then we get this slap in the face."

Lane said the schools had been beset by hundreds of "less than pleasant" e-mails.

Lane said Martin apologized Monday by phone from Hollywood. Lane wants CBS to set the record straight, and spent much of her day Monday on the phone with a lawyer for the network. She got little satisfaction.

"They did explain to me today that reality doesn’t necessarily mean factual," Lane said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... id=1051485

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next