Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Survivor - Season 15: China 
Sbil

Post Re: Survivor - Season 15: China
This season is actually really good.

I didn't feel as much disdain at Jaime and Peih Gee for throwing the challenge as the last time a challenge was thrown on this show (in Cook Islands, when the Hispanic tribe tried to get rid of that creepy rocker dude), because it actually made strategic sense. I mean, maybe. It might bite them in the ass later. The giggling was a little unappealing, but I have to admit I would probably react similarly to Jaime (aka "I Have No Poker Face Whatsoever"), because being crafty is not my forte and it would just make me laugh.

It was too bad they got rid of Aaron, though. He was nice eye candy.

I think my favorite part of the episode was when Peih Gee and her clan brilliantly deduced that their tribe would gain 2 extra members and the other tribe apparently wouldn't factor. Good one, you twits.

Last edited by Libs on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:22 pm
Teenage Dream

Does anyone know when the two tribes will merge?

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

Usually at ten members total

Loved this episode, lots of twists and strategy. If James got out it would've been quite the curveball, he's been getting the super favorite editing so far. I think if he makes it to the merge, he has to be the pick to win it.

Survivor is strangely getting better in its old age. It dipped for a while, but the last 3 randomly are total top notch... even if the formula is getting up there in years.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:04 am
The Incredible Hulk

You can never assume anything in Survivor. How do Jamie and PG know there will even be a merge? There was no merge in Palau. What if the merge is next week? What if the merge comes later in the game? What if James finds the hidden immunity idol? I think it was a bad idea to throw the challenge and being obvious about it was an even worse idea.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Lucky wrote:
You can never assume anything in Survivor. How do Jamie and PG know there will even be a merge? There was no merge in Palau. What if the merge is next week? What if the merge comes later in the game? What if James finds the hidden immunity idol? I think it was a bad idea to throw the challenge and being obvious about it was an even worse idea.

It was a risk, to be sure.

But if they had won, the other tribe undoubtedly would've booted Sherea or Frosti (I doubt Jean-Robert would've gone anywhere yet). And the only time there was no merge was when the show had The Worst Tribe In Existence (Stephenie's tribe in Palau). I think it was a fairly smart play.

As Peih Gee said last night, the game's about winning the "war," not the battle.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:51 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't know... it may have been a risky move, which always makes for good TV, but it's just not a smart move to make assumptions in Survivor. They assumed that the tribes will merge with 10 left. That isn't always the way. And if they don't merge EXACTLY at 10 people, they are fucked without any strong players to help them out (the curly-haired guy doesn't look like he can carry an entire tribe on his shoulders for a physical challenge against any heavyweights). They assumed that before a merge, there might be a time where both tribes will vote someone out. They assumed that James and Aaron would never work with them. They assumed that Fei Long was automatically going to vote out Frosti and Sharea (which we saw might not have been the case). And finally, they assumed that there wasn't going to be some big twist coming up that would turn the game around completely.

I'm not crying over Aaron's departure. He looked like a typical prick. But Jeff said it best: it's a game about winning, and after losing most of the challenges, they decided to throw this challenge. Too much of a risk really. But maybe it'll pay off. Maybe that's the point.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

I also think they have to be weary about letting the other tribe's 7 win and mesh. They, or a particular 5, might just choose to stick together and fuck Jaime/Paihgee/Eric.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 pm
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
I also think they have to be weary about letting the other tribe's 7 win and mesh. They, or a particular 5, might just choose to stick together and fuck Jaime/Paihgee/Eric.

Exactly. Just way too many assumptions made.

BUT. I will give them credit for trying something different, even if it screws them.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:56 pm
The Wall

Considering how Zhan Hu tribe was pretty much dead in the water - the only reason why the writers/producers would make this two member switch is to give Zhan Hu tribe a chance to even out the tribe member numbers. They could not win the immunity challenges because they lacked strength, and so far most of the challenges were won due to strength only. The other tribe was blessed with having James.

PG, Jaime and Eric (who became my new favorite - I dont know he's quiet and likeable and I really hope he and Jaime end up the final two, they're cute) did took a hue gamble, but I think it will pay of and the tribes will merge at ten members.

Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

damn it todd! why u b telling everyone about hidden immunity idol?!?!

anyway.. anyone care to fill me in on what the thing does..

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

Bril episode... so much twisting and turning. I'm also finding that every, and I mean every member left right now, is a memorable contestant. It's definitley turning into one of the best Survivor seasons in forever.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:01 am
The Wall

I really hope that Fei Long tribe's alliances fall apart. I want to see Erick in the top, I don't know why but he's damn likeable. And Jaime too. I'm glad James survived, and I'm also glad he didn't survive the way Todd planned.

And the next episode looks great - tribes are merging, Zhan Hu discover hidden immunity - I wonder if it will stay in play or if its worthless now...

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Just saw Thursday's episode.

Todd's plan struck me as entirely pointless and idiotic, especially considering it didn't work at all. All they did was give James an immunity idol, and he's not even particularly close with anyone other than Denise, it appears.

Best line of the night: at tribal council, after the incredibly icky Jean-Robert referred to himself as a bad boy poker player, Courtney responded with "Who do you think you are, Luke Perry?!" That made me laugh and laugh and laugh. She can be unpleasant and seems to whine too much, but she can be funny.

Bye Sherea? I can't say I was exactly sad to see her go, but at least she had some spunk.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

Sharea had the bitch meter turned to like 15 at that tribal council. She just went off out of nowhere.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:55 pm
Teenage Dream

Todd is an idiot for giving the hidden immunity to James. Sharea had it coming, but I think they should have been smart by voting off JR. If I had to guess who was getting voted off next week I would have to go with Courtney. She isn't liked by John Robert, the Zhan Hu tribe wants to stick together, and her alliance with Todd and Amanda is falling apart. Can't wait for next week. I love Survivor!

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:16 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't see how Todd's plan was any more idiotic than the plan from an episode ago where Peih-Gee and the blonde girl (Jaime?) threw the challenge.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:54 pm
Teenage Dream

Well Jamie's gone. I wish she had taken one of the immunity idol's from James' bag. Jean Robert needs to go.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:09 pm
Devil's Advocate

Lol, you could see Jaime being dumb from a mile away, but it still made me laugh and smile when it happened. Especially with the "I'm not as dumb as everyone thinks!" bit earlier.

Seriously, I'm shocked she didn't unwrap James' idols to make sure she had the right thing. Just putting yourself out on a limb.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:43 am
Teenage Dream

Shack wrote:
Seriously, I'm shocked she didn't unwrap James' idols to make sure she had the right thing. Just putting yourself out on a limb.

I agree. I thought she would at least check it was the right thing. She just made herself look like an idiot.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:38 am
The Wall

I was shocked when she didn't look what James was hiding. It seemed like a natural thing to do. :zonks:

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Well.

I liked Jaime, and I thought the editing trying to make her look stupid was unfair. I'm sure there are explicit rules saying you can't steal a hidden immunity idol from someone else, which is why I'm sure Jaime and company didn't try to steal one of James'. The show never mentioned that little fact, though, which just highlights how this show seemingly always tries to make the "crafty" women look dumb and praise the big, strong men.

This season is weird because I'm not rooting for anyone in particular. Seriously, 7 (?) episodes in, I don't have a favorite. A lot of these people alternate between lifeless (Erik, Amanda) to "getting progressively more smug and obnoxious every week" (James, Todd). I guess I like Courtney, sort of. She's kind of a bitch, but at least she's snarky and seems to have a pulse.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:54 pm
problem?

Jean-Robert and his massive beer gut for final two!

I hate when they have food rewards, it's gross seeing how much Jean-Robert can stuff into his face.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:11 pm
Teenage Dream

Jean Robert is finally gone. Took them long enough. Close vote tonight. It would have been more interesting if Denise voted for James and it was a 5-5 tie. How do they decide who goes home if its a tie? James is probably really threatened now and I have a feeling there is a chance he will play his hidden immunity idol next week.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:18 am
Devil's Advocate

Whew I thought James was going when it was 3-2. I kind of liked Jean-Robert though so it's not all good.

Todd/Amanda aren't really in how water with him. Paih-Gee, Erik, JR voted for him, so the main alliance should stick. James will be on his guard though.

Love this season. I really think Survivor should get the reality show Emmy this year. Amazing Race already has like... 7, so yeah, spread the wealth.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:33 am
The Wall

Finally Jean Robert got voted out. And he didn't expect it at all. He's the dumbest person in this edition of Survivor. While they were at their reward dinner, Todd, James and Amanda practically had "we know about the idols, and we know who has them" written on their faces. I'm glad he's gone. And I was laughing so hard while listening to his final words - he thinks he got voted off because he was a threat - no you dumbass you got voted off because you're the most irritating person Survivor has ever seen. You lasted this long just because of the alliance, not because you played a good game.

James might use those two idols now. I think he realized he's not in such a great position. Todd's alliance is pretty much broken. Denise might not feel comfortable anymore with Todd, considering he kept her in the dark. She didn't know about the plan of voting off James, nor Jean Robert. Amanda said she feels Todd doesn't know what he's doing anymore, and James - as I said he realized he isn't in such a firm position.

Courtney was voting for JR constatly, so it will be interesting to see with whom she aligns now. I like her a lot.

And I hate Frosti. He's a snake. He's not even a good player, he's just lucky. And now it seems like he will be one of the more important players in the game.

I hope the final three are (in alphabetical order) Courtney, Eric and James... I'd be happy to see any one of them winning.

Oh, and I was glad to see Jaime. I'm still unhappy because she got voted off.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next