Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 The '24' Thread 
I just lost the game

Is ther anywhere that I could read up on what happened last season? I was into season one, and dropped out somewhere in season 2 (I still know how it ended). I lost the time for season three. As well as the second two hour episode last week (I saw the first. When is the third on? Or have I already missed it?)

I really wish I stuck with it. Season 1 was great.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:38 am
Looks like the mystery and purpose of the briefcase has been revealed and its an interesting twist on a terrorist threat from a previous season.

You can find out over at http://www.fox.com or http://www.24spoilers.tvheaven.com

My thoughts, not nearly as wacked out as my theory but should prove intense nonetheless.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:30 pm
Is ther anywhere that I could read up on what happened last season? I was into season one, and dropped out somewhere in season 2 (I still know how it ended). I lost the time for season three. As well as the second two hour episode last week (I saw the first. When is the third on? Or have I already missed it?)

You can read episode guides over at tvtome though I'm sure there are more detailed ones out there.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:32 pm
Cream of the Crop

Unfortunately you missed the 'third' episode which is the 5th hour of the day, as it was on last night (Mondays at 9pm) on FOX.

If you are really interested in learning of what happened in Season 3here's a link to some lengthy recaps. They may not be everyone's style, but I enjoy them quite a bit.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It might be just me, but I am REALLY into this season. It's just so much fun. My only qualm is the constant "Jack, you're done." "No, just one more chance, I'll get them I promise!" stuff, but other than that, clear sailing. Jack remains the best bad-ass on television. I actually thought the robbery stuff was tense. Just me, though, possibly.

Season 1: A
Season 2: A-
Season 3: B+
Season 4: A

Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:32 pm
Cream of the Crop

It's too early for me to give a firm grade for Season 4, but I do like what I've seen so far. I agree all the Jack being finished but....not so much stuff is getting tired, just give him free range from the beginning make things easier. If I were to assess each season I guess it would go like this:

Season 1: A+
Season 2: B
Season 3: B+
Season 4: A- (Tentative)

Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

Apparently two female cast members are set to die within the next few episodes. One in a death similar to season 3, the other in a way unlike any other previous deaths on the show.

Who Could it be?
Audrey Heller
Dina Araz
Chloe O'Brian
Erin Driscoll
Marianne Taylor
Sarah Gavin
Maya Driscoll

Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:07 pm
Tonight's episode was kind of slow, but I'm glad they didn't overdo the rescue. It's good to see Berouz finally grow some balls. The question is - what is he gonna do with them?

Oh, and was anybody else totally NOT surprised by the cliffhanger?

Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:10 pm
Cream of the Crop

I thought it was possible for Berouz to take the gun after hitting Tariq with the shovel and I was wondering why he didn't do that. Apparently he's a more of a shovel person, well whatever works I guess. I wonder if he's going to go after his Father now. He may have broken the dumb kid curse on 24.

I liked the episode as whole, liked seeing Jack back in action - even if he did display a lot of SuperJack tonight, those terrorists need a better security consultant. Liked that they got the kidnapping plot over with quickly, glad they revealed the purpose of the briefcase, also glad that Erin is willing to start anew with Jack.

Didn't like Paul, if I thought the romance subplot was bad as a standalone, throwing in a third party who seems a bit stalkerish won't help matters. Aisha is evil...someone at CTU has to be, it's a must.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Seriously, CTU has the worst employee screening on the planet.

Even BKB could get a job there. \:D/

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:04 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

This weeks episode should of been titled "Worst dads of the year" :wink:

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:47 pm
New Server, Same X

I loved the episode, although Aisha Tyler being the mole was obvious. I don't really think the writers were hiding it at all. They probably know that we know someone was going to be the mole, no need in hiding it, right? That's how it seemed to me. I mean even my dad knew it from the first episode she was on, and I had to explain to him the ending to "Saw", because he didn't get it.

Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:55 pm
New Server, Same X

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Aisha Tyler only the second REAL mole in CTU, after Nina? Gael was not a mole, and I can't recall any more. I recall some crooked dealers, but not real moles.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:02 pm
Cream of the Crop

A terrific episode, I wasn't expecting Tony to return - well this soon - I'm glad it was Tony that Jack called instead of say Kim or Chase that could have been messy. Would have preferred to see more of Jack and Audrey and less of TerrorFamily. Sure TerrorFamily is interesting, but only when involved with the main plot for me. I don't find myself too interested in TerrorDad tracking down the rest of the family.

Kinda glad that the doctor was given an inaccurate file, don't care much for the daughter but really just how incompetent do you have to be to get a job at CTU? At least in Season 1, they were all competent but from then on it's been a steady progression downward.

Can't wait until next week though, this episode seemed to fly by.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
I hate how the predicted death toll was reduced (damn you Edgar). At some point CTU needs to fail.

I wonder if any of the plants will meltdown. Do we really need Cleveland?

Go Tony.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:15 am
The Kramer

I hate how the predicted death toll was reduced (damn you Edgar). At some point CTU needs to fail.

I wonder if any of the plants will meltdown. Do we really need Cleveland?

Go Tony.
YES WE DO NEED CLEVELAND :angry: . We can lose Seattle or some other city that I will never visit. None of the plants will melt down though, Jack will stop them.

Glad to see Tony back. The Araz Family is getting too much screen time. Too many people on the show have bad accents. Good season so far though. That is all.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:55 pm
New Server, Same X

Wow! Another terrific episode. This season is already shaping up to be the best yet. I had NO idea that Tony would save the day for Jack and Audrey. That was awesome. I've been viewing the third season, and I really missed him. I don't know if he'll be back for good or temporarily. Here's hoping they'll explain how he got out of serving 20 years, where Michelle is, and... oh yeah... HOW THE HELL HE KNEW THEY WERE THERE AND SAVED THEM! Hopefully, those answers and more Monday at 9.

Edit: Oops... I forgot... Jack made the call to Tony, or the only person he could trust. One answer, two more to go!

Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:10 pm
Cream of the Crop

Another solid episode tonight, liked the Tony and Jack action sequence as well as the moley stuff at CTU. Didn't really need to see Sarah getting electrocuted, perhaps if we weren't made aware of the actual mole I wouldn't have been as iffy about it. Erin is going to have some splainin to do when Sarah gets all detoxified.

I'm not looking so forward to TerrorFamily in a carchase next episode, didn't we just have one? I liked it much better when they were a part of the main plot and not involved in their own little drama. Poor Marianne, outsmarted by Edgar AND knocked out cold a immobile car. Could have been worse though, like Mr. Krispy who put the key in the door. I do hope her capture means Chloe could be back shortly.

Expecting the sniper at the end, it was just too easy for Jack. I'm assuming this means there's another mole somewhere at CTU or DoD, how else would they have known, unless the sniper was some sort of contingency plan from the terrorists, if so smart Terrorists, but why not just kill Jack and Tony.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:32 pm
Profile WWW

"No, she seems real sweet."
"I can have him killed."
Tony hitting his girlfriend with the cordless phone (or so it sounded).

Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:19 am
Cream of the Crop

This is dangerously approaching S1 in terms of awesomeness.

Could have done without Edgar's mom tonight, enough with the family minor plots stick to the main cast and it will be great. Wasn't a large fan of the cover up convo in Driscoll's office but I guess they can't tell the truth about that situation because that would be wrong. The Jack storyline was its usual exciting stuff but where the show really impressed me was every scene with TerrorMom tonight, she was awesome. Especially with Jack, and that speech at the end where she would be perfectly happy seeing those 5 other plants meltdown. Creeeepy.

"Did ya get that?"
Sure did.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Not that I like see people killed or anything but 24 earned serious points in my book for actually melting down a nuclear power plant. For the most part, every terrorist attack had been stopped. The assasination of nominee Palmer was stopped, the nuke exploded in the desert, and the virus, well it did kill a hotel full of people. But still, only a hotel as opposed to most of the western US.

GO 24 and your high body count.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:02 am
Grill

Fantastic episode last night! That hour goes by way to fast! I want Palmer to come back soon. \:D/

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:45 am
New Server, Same X

Another AMAZING episode. Seriously, how does "24" always get better? I know we're inevitably going to hit some episodes with less action, but so far this show is miles ahead of the second and third season, even though I still loved those seasons. I agree, Edgar's mom was only to give some more character traits to Edgar, but it still made me feel bad for him, so they accomplished there.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:51 pm
My personal theory would be some sort of black box EMP weapon or super computer virus to shut down commerce and the power grid, leaving the US blind and open to physical attacks.

Imagine almost an entire season of 24 without electricity. No cellphones, no computers, CTU out of order, it would higher than high concept.

=D>

Is there an emoticon to pat one's self on the back?

Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:41 am
New Server, Same X

loyalfromlondon wrote:
My personal theory would be some sort of black box EMP weapon or super computer virus to shut down commerce and the power grid, leaving the US blind and open to physical attacks.

Imagine almost an entire season of 24 without electricity. No cellphones, no computers, CTU out of order, it would higher than high concept.

=D>

Is there an emoticon to pat one's self on the back?

No, but there should be one that has an emoticon that is full of himself. :wink:

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next