Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 The '24' Thread 
Top Poster

My hunch is he steals a fighter jet to shoot down Airforce One

Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:53 pm
My hunch is he steals a fighter jet to shoot down Airforce One

NOOO :wink:

I actually think it's a Stealth Bomber.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:24 pm
310.597.3781 - I haven't phoned but apparently it's the number to speak to 24 cast/crew members.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/43013.htm :cry:

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:08 pm
New Server, Same X

It wasn't a great plan, but at least the writers didn't treat it as one. Dina may seem dead, but we didn't even see her get shot. Who knows, in 24-Land.

I was also disappointed that Edgar seemed chipper the last few episodes, even after losing Mommy, and just now he seems to be getting upset?

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:25 pm
New Server, Same X

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=pr&id=20050331fox01

:shock: Wow... this week's episode is going to be huge, if FOX is going to repeat it not once, but twice, in the same week. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:15 pm
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=pr&id=20050331fox01

:shock: Wow... this week's episode is going to be huge, if FOX is going to repeat it not once, but twice, in the same week. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Yeah, I read the summary of it over at Ryan's Report. Not only does it look huge but the week after next is even bigger.

I generally hate 24 spoilers but highlight below for the full glory :shock:

The attack on Air Force One wasn't to kill the president (and he doesn't die). It's to steal the football aka the suitcase with the codes to arm and fire nuclear warheads....and they succeed.

This is by far the most action packed season of any show in the history of television.

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:27 pm
Cream of the Crop

You don't know how tempted I am to highlight the white, but it's 24 I want to remain unspoiled as much as I can. It is a great sign that the next two weeks are apparently 'huge' and action packed. Must...Not...Highlight

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

You don't know how tempted I am to highlight the white, but it's 24 I want to remain unspoiled as much as I can. It is a great sign that the next two weeks are apparently 'huge' and action packed. Must...Not...Highlight

Same here. I am tempted, but I just can't.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:06 pm
The Kramer

this season is getting so repetitive. They better do something crazy next episode, like kill off Edgar or something.

Not gonna highlight the white, I can resist. But Mitch Anderson is gonna run that plane into Air Force One. THEN DAVID PALMER CAN MAKE HIS TRIUMPHANT RETURN AND THIS SEASON CAN BE GOOD,

wishful thinking

Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:13 pm
Based on next weeks preview, in order, here are the terrorists plans for the entire day (a breakdown from ryan's report).

1. Bomb a commuter train in L.A, which serves dual purposes - to retrieve a briefcase from an MF employee, and to distract CTU from their next objective, Secretary Heller.

2. Kidnap Secretary Heller and execute him live on the internet. Apart from causing panic in the public due to Heller being a very high profile politician, it creates massive internet traffic.

3. The terrorists use the huge volumes of internet traffic to hack into nuclear power plants unnoticed. The briefcase from the train bombing is then used to take control of 103 power plants. This causes mass panic and nuclear meltdowns.

4. All of the above serve the purpose of keeping President Keeler flying around in Air Force One. A sleeper steals the identity of a Air Force Captain, and hijacks a stealth fighter.

5. Using the steal fighter, the sleeper launches a missile at Air Force One. Air Force One takes an indirect hit and is forced to make an emergency landing.

6. Finally, the terrorists go to the site where Air Force One crashed and steal the nuclear football, which controls all of the USA's nuclear missiles.

Well, seeing it all plotted out like that, it sure makes sense of Marwan's plans. Seems every single attack has been necessary in order to allow for the next one, with some attacks acting as diversions from the real plans.

I definitely think the nuclear football is the final threat of the season now.

So is the football the final threat?

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:25 pm
New Server, Same X

Although I think most of us knew what was going to happen, it was still pretty big. I'm surprised they didn't opt for the silent "Tick... tick..." at the end of the season, like they have for Teri, Mason and Chappelle.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:14 pm

Just how incompetent IS our government? What kind of train of thought is that?

"Umm, we need to recover the nuclear case, it is our NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AT THE MOMENT"

"I know, let's send one helicopter with two agents onboard to follow a signal that's out in the open, and hopefully in 40 minutes we'll get it"

"BRILLIANT!"

EDIT: "OH, and whatever we do, let's NOT disable terrorists' vehicles"

"You got it, buddy. Now where are those lollypops?"

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:07 pm
I was just posting the same thing. The entire episode revolves around how important the football is, yet the smallest recovery team possible is sent to retrieve it.

I wonder where the nuke is headed? Are they going to blow up the San Andreas fault? :lol:

Novak is so evil and the Vice-President so clueless.

SPOILER in white

2 hours until Palmer returns

3 hours until Chase returns

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:13 pm
Hah, those don't spoil nothing for me, I never saw the first three seasons :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:16 pm
Top Poster

Holy crap.

Just how incompetent IS our government? What kind of train of thought is that?

"Umm, we need to recover the nuclear case, it is our NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AT THE MOMENT"

"I know, let's send one helicopter with two agents onboard to follow a signal that's out in the open, and hopefully in 40 minutes we'll get it"

"BRILLIANT!"

EDIT: "OH, and whatever we do, let's NOT disable terrorists' vehicles"

"You got it, buddy. Now where are those lollypops?"

I thought the same thing also , with the additon of how stupid are the terrorists? So you are going after the "Football" and when you arrive at the site the tracking device indicates that it's moving! Welp I guess the Secret service or Military got to it first and we definately don't want to get caught! But no let's go after it any way! That was the most unbeleivable part of the episode last night along with The wife giving up the "Football" to try to save her husband. Duh I think I want to save him instead of a couple of million or so people that might include my other immediate family members :roll:
24 is getting to unreal for most of it's audience I think. We'll watch till the end of this season but I won't be coming back after that :mad:

Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:14 am
New Server, Same X

It's still JUST television. It's one thing to turn away if it doesn't entertain you, but if it's just because you don't find it real, then maybe TV isn't your thing.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:27 pm
SINGLE GREATEST 24 SPOILER EVER - Highlight to confirm

http://24spoilers.tvheaven.com/images/mandy.jpg

:shock:

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:55 am

To celebrate the most action-packed season of 24 ever, I will be watching seasons 1-3 in real time starting at 12 AM on Friday May 20th. Day 2 will start on Saturday at 8 AM and Day 3 will start on Sunday at 1 PM.

I will journal the sleep depravation and insanity for an article.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:01 pm
New Server, Same X

SINGLE GREATEST 24 SPOILER EVER - Highlight to confirm

http://24spoilers.tvheaven.com/images/mandy.jpg

:shock:

Wow, she's coming back again? Why not full-time, or at least as a guest star?!

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:16 pm
Today was one of the slowest moving episodes, saved by the last 5 minutes. Patriot Act, Schmatriot Act, show me some action!

By the way, has anyone else picked up on the irony of the lawyer for Amnesty Global being Jewish?

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:05 pm
Cream of the Crop

Today was one of the slowest moving episodes, saved by the last 5 minutes. Patriot Act, Schmatriot Act, show me some action!

I think it was definitely the slowest moving episode of the season, and while the action picked up in the last 5 minutes it couldn't change my feelings of boredom with this episode as a whole.
Audrey, Edgar, the new President all bugged me this episode, couple that with the lack of action and you have one mediocre episode of 24

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
I enjoyed the episode, especially when Jack disappeared for 36 minutes. Edgar's breakdown, finger breaking of fury, Harry Goldenblatt, the Iowa references (although there are no mountains here) and, oh yeah...

PALMER RETURNS.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:34 pm
New Server, Same X

I enjoyed the episode, especially when Jack disappeared for 36 minutes. Edgar's breakdown, finger breaking of fury, Harry Goldenblatt, the Iowa references (although there are no mountains here) and, oh yeah...

PALMER RETURNS.

That's not till next week, right? I don't think I missed anything.

I still enjoyed it. "24", while at its best with action, is still a great drama. It's not always going to be action. And Edgar... go sit the fuck down, Edgar, and do your work.

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:06 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:

PALMER RETURNS.

I still enjoyed it. "24", while at its best with action, is still a great drama. It's not always going to be action. And Edgar... go sit the fuck down, Edgar, and do your work.

I expected Edgar to kill the suspect.

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:30 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:

PALMER RETURNS.

I expected Edgar to kill the suspect.

I thought for sure Edgar was going to do something stupid. It's 24, I can't rule out the stupidity of Edgar hitting new highs (or lows?).

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next