Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 The '24' Thread 
loyalfromlondon wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
My personal theory would be some sort of black box EMP weapon or super computer virus to shut down commerce and the power grid, leaving the US blind and open to physical attacks.

Imagine almost an entire season of 24 without electricity. No cellphones, no computers, CTU out of order, it would higher than high concept.

=D>

Is there an emoticon to pat one's self on the back?

No, but there should be one that has an emoticon that is full of himself. :wink:

I guess you read spoilers too. Or you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:05 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
My personal theory would be some sort of black box EMP weapon or super computer virus to shut down commerce and the power grid, leaving the US blind and open to physical attacks.

Imagine almost an entire season of 24 without electricity. No cellphones, no computers, CTU out of order, it would higher than high concept.

=D>

Is there an emoticon to pat one's self on the back?

No, but there should be one that has an emoticon that is full of himself. :wink:

I guess you read spoilers too. Or you have no idea what I'm talking about.

... AWW MAN! You spoiled me! Now, there should be an emoticon for a little guy shaking his fist. Oh well, sounds like fun, whatever it is.

Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:56 pm
Cream of the Crop

Another fantastic episode, I didn't see Marianne getting shot but I did like that they got rid of her character she had served her purpose. I bet if Jack was involved with her interrogation he would have just taken a hacksaw to her thumb and got the print that way. Hopefully this doesn't mean a seperate Curtis storyline, his character is neither developed enough, nor interesting enough to support it.

I don't like how everyone at CTU are making deals with each other in order to get ahead, and how they are forming coalitions in order to gain the advantage within the organization. At least Tony's back at the place, so there's one competent employee...well save for the treason last year.

Very interesting developments with the TerrorFamily, although the rig rattling the duct was a bit obvious. Interesting development in seeing Behrooz shoot his Father, although this does mean CTU can't get info out of him and I should dislike Behrooz for it, but I don't think the Father was the chatty type. Finally there's a point to bringing Paul into the show, I didn't see his owning of the building coming and I hope there's something more to it than that. I'm surprised Audrey made it out of that situation unharmed, she isn't a very convincing actress and I was sure Paul was on to her sooner.

That episode went by very quickly, and I for one can't wait until next week.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

I'm throughly enjoying this season of 24. :D And i'm soo glad FOX is airing all 24 shows without taking a break. :cool:

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:01 am
What I enjoyed most about tonight's episode was how quickly the hostage situation was resolved. They didn't linger on that stale throwaway plotline.

It's becoming clear that this conspiracy is larger than Arnold Vosloo aka The Mummy. I wonder if the meltdown is even the endgame.

Nonstop 24 is the best programming idea ever.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:14 am
Top Poster

Ok somebody explain to me why they didn't send a S.W.A.T Team of Special Ops team with the Traitor? Stupid stupid STUPID! I hope they don't kill off Claude.

I was just waiting for the terroristt plot house to blow up! Too bad it didn't :???:

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:37 am
New Server, Same X

I'm very glad Paul didn't drug Audrey's drink (although I guess it's not certain that he didn't yet). It seemed like they were trying to make it obvious that he did.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:47 pm
Draughty

They don't rerun 24 later in the week do they? They used to last year, but I can't find any repeats of it in the schedule so I guess they droppped that.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

No more melt downs... but what is that thing next week???

JACK IS GOING TO BECOME THE HULK!!!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:13 am

That machine next week is something I predicted before the season got going.

hahahaha.

24 IS ON FIRE

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:14 am
Grill

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:26 pm

Did anyone else catch the mention of an operation at the Air Force base and the shot for next week's show of a sleeper agent (white even!) getting his Air Force uniform ready.

Air Force One isn't landing in California is it????

Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:58 am
Grill

What a great episode. It was surrising to see Michelle come back but I had a feeling someone would come back. =D>

Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:07 pm
Cream of the Crop

I had thought this would be the episode with Michelle's return seeing as though Erin's daughter offed herself last week, but I didn't see Reiko's name in the credits so I was a bit surprised. She looked more serious than I remember her, must be the straight her.

The episode was pretty good and left me wondering what they are going to do with Paul. There was a time I would have liked nothing more than to have Jack eliminate him, but seeing them work together made me not want to see him die. Maybe Jack will get back in time to help Paul or maybe Paul will die and Jack won't be able to forgive himself and he and Audrey would not be able to overcome it. Either way I'll be happy.

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
The original threat has now been stopped. We're at hour 13, any ideas what the second phase of the attack could be?

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:01 pm
New Server, Same X

When Tony was named a temporary replacement, I was really worried. I thought it would turn into a full-time thing, like at the end of the crisis, they would say "Well, you did such a good job, we'll keep you around! Now, don't go committing treason this time!", but I was pleasently surprised to see Michelle at the end of the episode. I knew she would be there eventually, but not so soon. The electricity all going down was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat in those last few minutes. Great, great episode. I hope 24 holds up the momentum going into "Season 4, Part II".

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:20 pm

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:01 pm
Today's episode was a little flat. Too much melodrama, and the little action that was there was all in the dark, and let's face it, 24 is not the kind of show where just the hin tof the action is enough :)

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:17 pm
Today's episode was a little flat. Too much melodrama, and the little action that was there was all in the dark, and let's face it, 24 is not the kind of show where just the hin tof the action is enough :)

I wasn't sure if that was my HD. It seemed really dark.

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:22 pm
Krem wrote:

HD is supposed to make things more visible, if anything. I have an HD set too, by the way.

The whole Arab brothers bit had me laughing. How much cornier could it get? Well, at least the next episode looks very promising.

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:36 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Krem wrote:

HD is supposed to make things more visible, if anything. I have an HD set too, by the way.

The whole Arab brothers bit had me laughing. How much cornier could it get? Well, at least the next episode looks very promising.

Next ep looks great.

The black scale on my set has a hard edge, night scenes aren't my favorite. Everything else, beyond crystal clear. What sort of HD set do you own (plasma, lcd, projection)?

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:40 pm
Krem wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Krem wrote:

Next ep looks great.

The black scale on my set has a hard edge, night scenes aren't my favorite. Everything else, beyond crystal clear. What sort of HD set do you own (plasma, lcd, projection)?

It's rear projection DLP. Very nice set, and the picture is especially nice after I calibrated it. And yeah, night scenes can get real dark, but I guess that's the effect film-makers are going for.

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:45 pm
Cream of the Crop

After the season 2 preview debacle that showed what happened to Ensign Ro, I stopped watching them so it's nice to hear that next week should be an exciting episode.

As for tonight's hour, it wasn't as good as last week. There was too much CTU drama, with Audrey being a prime offender. I shudder at the thought of more Audrey angst over the possible death of Paul due to saving Jack - well at least it's not amnesia....but the day isn't over yet. Also, did anyone not call that ending? Shame on you 24 for being predictable.

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Behroozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bring on the assassination already.

One of the least believable episodes ever, Paul ends up back at CTU? Come on. [-(
And Jack's plan was kinda dumb.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:10 am
Cream of the Crop

One of the least believable episodes ever.

And in the world of 24, that's saying something. I wasn't a fan of this episode, not just because of the lack of believability, also because of all around boringness.

Paul and Audrey continue to bore the crap out of me, its a good thing I didn't care about Jack/Audrey otherwise I'd be pissed off they were soon to be broken up over her remnant feelings of her stalker husband. Chloe's return to CTU was nice, Edgar's been getting annoying in recent episodes so it was good to see him get put in his place.

What wasn't good was the tunnel switch, because CTU acted all surprised. How could this happen? Have they not seen many action movies? It's not like this was one masterful new plan attempted for the first time. Ugh. Also the old not loaded gun thing. Didn't 24 do that a few seasons ago? I'm sure it's been done before just not sure when. I was hoping for something more original than that out of 24. Sad to see Dina get offed, now who will save Jack?

Still interested in the Airforce Base plot, that's actually interesting. Let's hope to see more of that in the future.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next